How sick of NUFC are you at the moment?

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Sniffer

Question in my mind is how strongly do I want them to finish? Very little prospect of a European place so the only thing to play for, IMO, is roeder's job. Assuming we pick up a few more points to put relegation out of the question.

If we finished 5th off bottom, then I doubt if roeder would be here next season. Sounds tempting but then there'd be the usual circus over the summer unless FS made an early appointment. I don't know if I could be bothered with it all yet again.

Question in my mind is how strongly do I want them to finish? Very little prospect of a European place so the only thing to play for, IMO, is roeder's job. Assuming we pick up a few more points to put relegation out of the question.

If we finished 5th off bottom, then I doubt if roeder would be here next season. Sounds tempting but then there'd be the usual circus over the summer unless FS made an early appointment. I don't know if I could be bothered with it all yet again.

Must admit, if we finish 5th bottom there'd be no complaints from me, even though he's done his best and is a canny bloke.  I'll be renewing next year whatever happens but the prospect of another managerial merry go round leaves me cold

Guest Alan Shearer 9

really we're not going to progress that much without a huge revolution at the club from the top to the bottom, this blatantly isn't going to happen so it doesn't bother me if Roeder stays because if he doesn't true to form we'll get another shite manager in instead

Guest Sniffer

So, same again with roeder next season or roll the dice?  I don't see us going anywhere with roeder and i don't want another season like this one. I say roll 'em...it can't be any worse.

Guest Gemmill

Gemmill

How about answering this question I asked you earlier....

Tell me something, if you hadn't already paid for your season ticket and so paid for all the matches, would you have stopped going to matches by now?

No.  I did cancel the direct debit scheme in February though.  Why do you ask?  I mean, am I supposed to be the only one attending matches these days out of a sense of duty more than enjoyment? 

I'll be renewing by the way.  I reserve the right not to be all sweetness and light when we're s*** though.

Good lad.  O0

Gemmil in "I've seen real shit" shocker

mackems.gif

Two words:  Top boss. :lol:

"But MAM, they changed my post!  I never said that!"

Guest Gemmill

Gemmill at it again, I see.

f*** off Captain Mainwaring.

Tell me something, if you hadn't already paid for your season ticket and so paid for all the matches, would you have stopped going to matches by now? You don't have to renew your ticket, you know. You have a choice and the club doesn't need the moaning types like you anyway.

Why do you have to take such bizarre abusive stances on everything?

Why do you have to call somebody a simpleton or a tit because they have a different opinion to your own?

Why do you need to have a dig at somebody because of where they come from. EG "From New York.  Oh dear, we've been here before"

Why do you have to say stuff like "Then you won't have to come on here and bore the tits of us all with it." just because you don't agree with someone?

Jesus, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.  Have you read some of the responses you give to people that don't agree with you?  Or your catch-all "Good post.  Don't expect the idiots on here to understand though" response, just because "the idiots" don't agree with what you've got to say.  And no, I'm not providing you with links.

You sort that out and maybe I'll think about being less abusive. :thup:

:clap: You wouldn't be able to find many comments such as that you've mentioned above that are made by me, at least nowhere close to the frequency you resort to this kind of thing. You abuse someone on here almost every day, why don't you just stick with your chums on toonspastic if there are so many idiots on this forum? Next thing is you'll be falling back on this supposed threatening PM I sent you about three years ago.  :laugh:

You're probably the most abusive member of this forum and have been for ages. Has to be said.

I must admit, I'm having real problems caring about what you think of me.  Am I supposed to be cut-up right now?  I'm just really not sure what reaction you're looking for here.

Reaction? I never look for a reaction mate, I just write it as I see it and that's what I'm doing right now. I couldn't give a toss what your reaction may or may not be, I don't give a toss what you think of me and I don't give a toss whether you're bothered about the truth I've been posting in this thread.

You're easy to suss out, mate. You try to come across as a joker when in fact most of the time all you do is abuse people while trying to disguise it as jest. Your abuse in almost every thread is dragging the place down when in the last couple of weeks the forum has picked up a bit as the general level of abuse has fallen. I doubt you've even noticed as you're so caught up by your efforts to sound like a smartarse.

That's me telt.  I'm off to the naughty stair. :(

Gemmill

Tell me something, if you hadn't already paid for your season ticket and so paid for all the matches, would you have stopped going to matches by now?

No.  I did cancel the direct debit scheme in February though.  Why do you ask?  I mean, am I supposed to be the only one attending matches these days out of a sense of duty more than enjoyment? 

I'll be renewing by the way.  I reserve the right not to be all sweetness and light when we're s*** though.

Good lad.  O0

mackems.gif

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh .... the accountant who can't add up  ;)

Guest Invicta_Toon

Gemmill

Good lad.  O0

mackems.gif

can you read graphs yet NE5?

Figured out the biometrics yet, Vic? I know you fell for the Parky idea of 52, but indigo did post the reality. ;) Did you believe him, or do you still believe the scaremongering?

Anyway, back on topic.

I actually agree with boo boo that there shouldn't be any price increase for season tickets next season. In fact, the club should be lobbying for a couple of controlled standing areas behind each goal. If that happened they should be able to offer tickets at a lot lower price than they are right now anywhere else in the ground. In the long term it would be good to move away from season tickets and have more match day tickets or even go back to paying at the turnstile for some areas of the ground.

I also wish some of the younger element would cut out the references to pies in almost every thread, it's very old now and just isn't that funny anymore.

Figured out the biometrics yet, Vic? I know you fell for the Parky idea of 52, but indigo did post the reality. ;) Did you believe him, or do you still believe the scaremongering?

Anyway, back on topic.

I actually agree with boo boo that there shouldn't be any price increase for season tickets next season. In fact, the club should be lobbying for a couple of controlled standing areas behind each goal. If that happened they should be able to offer tickets at a lot lower price than they are right now anywhere else in the ground. In the long term it would be good to move away from season tickets and have more match day tickets or even go back to paying at the turnstile for some areas of the ground.

I also wish some of the younger element would cut out the references to pies in almost every thread, it's very old now and just isn't that funny anymore.

Surely you can relate to the bit in bold though.

Anyway, back on topic.

Surely you can relate to the bit in bold though.

:laugh:

Guest Invicta_Toon

get your head checked old timer - for one you seem to think you're NE5 (not that some won't be surprised), secondly, I never said 52, I listed them all out right nicely for you, but you seem to have forgotten...

get your head checked old timer - for one you seem to think you're NE5 (not that some won't be surprised), secondly, I never said 52, I listed them all out right nicely for you, but you seem to have forgotten...

Eh?

If you want to write something and limit the response to just one person I suggest you use the PM function.

I could have sworn it was Indigo who finally did the research and listed the biometrics I already knew about, sorry if it was you, like.

BTW For the sake of clarity, I never said that you said 52 because what I really said was that Parky said it, what I actually said is that you fell for what he said. That's what I said, says I.

Well, Gentlemen(and Ladies),it doesn't matter HOW sick you are of NUFC, you had better get used to it.

The club had its opportunity of Domestic glory(the first in 40 years)back in the mid-90's and sadly, the moment passed without success being grasped.

Had the club won its first Championship since 1927 in 1996, I believe that it would now be firmly established as one of the powers in the English game.For a variety of reasons, this did not happen, but what has transpired since is nothing short of tragic, but also a disgrace.

As England's second best supported HOME side(until the building of the Emirates stadium)NUFC should at least have been able to compete for Champs Lge football every season.

The club's potential was wasted at a crucial time, and the 'New World Order' of the English game now has an almost unbreakable stranglehold on both power-broking and honours.

I do NOT want to drag up all the 'well, we had a crap Board in the 70's/80s' arguments - the indisputable truth is that NUFC reached a position where those days should never have been repeated, and now they ARE.

When I was a younger fan in those days, we 'kept the faith' as some euphemistically call it, by hoping that someone would eventually come along and take the club over from the people who were holding it back, BUT - we didn't have any doubt that the club could take its place among the top sides in the country - even the legendary Peter Robinson, C.E.of Liverpool in their great days acknowledged on a TV programme, that NUFC had a greater potential support than Liverpool themselves..

The situation today is totally different ; even if a takeover was to occur(very unlikely, given the amount of debt & Shepherd's unwillingness to sell), it would take a mammoth effort to unseat any of the top 4 now - they are too well entrenched.

I also believe that there is a real chance of disillusion setting in among many Premiership fans, as the league is now similar to Scotland - only a very few clubs can win it - and prices ar very high for Season tickets(esp if Interest Rates go up,which looks likely in May..)

Whatever certain people on here think of Sir John , he DID give us the chance to be a top club again

- that chance was not taken, and until someone else comes along with a new broom, the chance will not be there again.

If you are happy with that, then keep the faith - if not...

However, don't complain, because even if you don't want to admit it, you can see the writing on the wall.

Not that I don't understand - I remember back in 1969, after we won the Fairs Cup, visiting a customer in Langley Park(SBR's old home), and waxing lyrical about Newcastle - he stunned me by saying ' You don't go to watch NEWCASTLE, do you !??' When I asked him why not, he said that he used to go in the 50's('They were a GOOD side then..!'), but the club's decline & Directors had finished him.. Don't forget, this was just after we had won a European Trophy..!!

Naturally, I thought he was crackers and 'kept the faith' , but look how long it took even to change the Board - another 22 years..!!

Yes, go if you want, hope you enjoy - but don't expect any miracles .

Gemmill

Good lad.  O0

mackems.gif

have you counted the teams - and told us who they are - that have qualified more than us for europe over the past decade yet ?

Or are you another accountant that can't add up.

The one thing I dont get is that that the top 4 are unbreakable.

ManU and Chelsea maybe, but look at the past 4-5 years, the top 4 has not been a foregone conclusion.

Everton got there 2 years ago, Spurs were a Lasgne away from it last year, Bolton have threaterned this year.

All it takes is one good season / iffy season from Liverpool/Arsenal and you can get top 4 - the league ain't great outside of the top 2 so a good run can get you far. Then its waht you do with the money/momentum thats important.

Everton blew it, Spurs blew it, we blew it back in 2001/2/3/etc

The one thing I dont get is that that the top 4 are unbreakable.

ManU and Chelsea maybe, but look at the past 4-5 years, the top 4 has not been a foregone conclusion.

Everton got there 2 years ago, Spurs were a Lasgne away from it last year, Bolton have threaterned this year.

All it takes is one good season / iffy season from Liverpool/Arsenal and you can get top 4 - the league ain't great outside of the top 2 so a good run can get you far. Then its waht you do with the money/momentum thats important.

Everton blew it, Spurs blew it, we blew it back in 2001/2/3/etc

Correct.

It's called, "football". These clubs that don't do "planning" and stay there forever....simply terrible.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Gemmill

Good lad.  O0

mackems.gif

have you counted the teams - and told us who they are - that have qualified more than us for europe over the past decade yet ?

did I ever say you were wrong? yes there are only 4 teams. Well done, now explain how the graph shows we are 5th best over the last decade? Or how intertoto qualification signifies footballing dominance over the other premiership teams?

Or are you a broken record? (It's me Vic btw, just incase they've all blurred in your mind and you're tempted with yet another stock response)

Gemmill

Good lad.  O0

mackems.gif

did I ever say you were wrong? yes there are only 4 teams.

well done.

Well done, now explain how the graph shows we are 5th best over the last decade?

I believe your own comment above, allied to the fact that the same 4 teams are the only ones with a higher average position, has already answered your question.

Or how intertoto qualification signifies footballing dominance over the other premiership teams?

I don't believe I have said this. Please explain what exactly is wrong with qualifying for europe by whichever route is in the rules ? We qualified once when we finished 10th, and 9th as well, showing that having to finish 7th now makes it a lot harder to qualfy too.

Or are you a broken record? (It's me Vic btw, just incase they've all blurred in your mind and you're tempted with yet another stock response)

No, I think the people who blame the board for the players playing shit, are those you should be asking that question, of which there are far more than me saying the same thing over and over like a broken record. Alternatively, you could show me where I have started a post setting the tone for this "broken record"

did I ever say you were wrong? yes there are only 4 teams. Well done, now explain how the graph shows we are 5th best over the last decade? Or how intertoto qualification signifies footballing dominance over the other premiership teams?

I would reply but I assume I'll probably be bollocked again, so I'll keep it short.  :D

I suspect that if you allow yourself you may get close to the point that both myself and NE5 have been trying to make for what seems like ages now. I've more or less given up mind, but he obviously hasn't.  ;)