Another One On His Way to the Bridge

Martin Lol

I mentioned in another thread the way Chelsea were hoovering up a lot of the good young talent across Europe, Sinclair, Bertrand, Woods and Taiwo amongst others.  The latest seems to be Jeffrey Bruma.

Chelsea have raided Feyenoord's youth team to sign teenage midfielder Jeffrey Bruma, according to reports in Holland.

Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad reports that The Blues have secured the 15-year-old on a prospective four-year deal.

Bruma has not signed a professional deal at De Kuip as he is yet to turn 16, and Chelsea appear to have taken advantage by convincing the starlet to make the move to England.

Sporting director Frank Arnesen (pictured) has exercised his keen knowledge of the Dutch market, developed during a lengthy spell in PSV Eindhoven's managerial ranks, to clinch the signing of the player who will be lifted from Feyenoord's Under 16 team.

The Dutch side have one of Holland's finest youth academies - with previous graduates including Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Robin van Persie and Celtic's Evander Sno - but Bruma will now be looking to rise through the ranks in West London, not Rotterdam.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=457084&cpid=8&clid=8&lid=&title=Blues+'sign+Feyenoord+starlet'

I think this is one of the reasons why Arnesen appears to have Abramovich's ear more than Mourinho, brought in to recruit talent on the cheap and is delivering.

Guest nufc_geordie

Something that Arsenal have done for a long while now and it is proven to work. These players are effectively free as they are on a non-contract basis and have the established technical skills from their previous youth development. The likes of Fabregas, Toure, Eboue etc. are all testament to this process of youth team design. Maybe we shouls take note instead of stopping with Tim Krul and Charles N'Zogbia.

Something that Arsenal have done for a long while now and it is proven to work. These players are effectively free as they are on a non-contract basis and have the established technical skills from their previous youth development. The likes of Fabregas, Toure, Eboue etc. are all testament to this process of youth team design. Maybe we shouls take note instead of stopping with Tim Krul and Charles N'Zogbia.

True, Arsenal have done it for a while, but not to the degree that most would imagine.  Toure and Eboue were products of the association with ASEC Abidjan/Beveren rather than filching from other clubs Academies, such as Fabregas and Vela.  The scum academy has maintained such its reputation (with justification) that they have always had the cream of the Home Counties youth to work with.

The truth is that all clubs do it to some degree or other, Spurs are close to signing Tom Elliott from Leeds for example, but maybe the difference with Chelsea is that they do have the resources to  take almost any youngster they wish to take.  In the last year they have taken a youngster from Spurs and (amazingly) from Arsenal as well.  If the best Academy system in the country isn't safe from being cherrypicked, then tbh, no academy in the country is.

Guest Invicta_Toon

another sign that our piss poor scouting network needs a long overdue sort out which has come to roeders attention and why has it took so long to realise.

aye I'm sure we're in direct competiton with chelsea targets

another sign that our piss poor scouting network needs a long overdue sort out which has come to roeders attention and why has it took so long to realise.

if we had a scouting network of any standard we could compete, if you get there first who knows .

Guest Morph

if we had a scouting network of any standard we could compete, if you get there first who knows .

Who needs to waste money on scouts when you can just download  fm scout?

Who needs to waste money on scouts when you can just download  fm scout?

i know thats a joke, but FM calls out so many young players that im pretty sure it would be a pretty decent starting point for any scouting regime.

Are we still after those 2 Leeds kids?

If the Mirror is to be believed, you're still definitely after one.  All the ususal suspects wanting to sign him.  ;):lol:

Leeds United have slapped a £2 million price-tag on 16 year-old striker Tom Elliott.

The Mirror says Elliott is wanted by a host of top-flight clubs including Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=33749

The motherfuckers are after my boy, de Guzman too!!!!!  Was (false) hoping we'd go in for the lad, Canada's best export since Hargreaves.

Feyenoord midfielder Jonathan de Guzman has admitted he is proud to be linked with Chelsea.

De Guzman, who is contracted to Feyenoord until the summer of 2010, has been in fine form in the Eredivisie this term.

Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen has made several trips to Holland this season and de Guzman concedes he is flattered by the interest.

And the 18-year-old Canadian insists he would relish a move to the Premiership.

"For me Chelsea's interest is a matter of big pride," he said.

"I want to progress in football and, for a Canadian, England would be like a second home."

Arnesen is one of the best in the business and with the amount of cash Chelsea have its normal for them to steal the best young talents

True, although there have been a few examples of players opting to go elsewhere (usually Arsenal) because of the belief that being good and signing for Chelsea doesnt necessarily mean that you get opportunities.  Spurs and Arsenal go on about those concerns to ease players away from Chelsea and I would imagine that all the other premiership clubs do the same. The problem is that Chelsea can also afford to pay ridiculous wages to go with ridiculous transfer fees.  Scott Sinclair (currently on loan at Plymouth) is reputedly on £15k pw and has been since he signed for Chelsea as a 15 year old. 

Arnesen is one of the best in the business and with the amount of cash Chelsea have its normal for them to steal the best young talents

True, although there have been a few examples of players opting to go elsewhere (usually Arsenal) because of the belief that being good and signing for Chelsea doesnt necessarily mean that you get opportunities.  Spurs and Arsenal go on about those concerns to ease players away from Chelsea and I would imagine that all the other premiership clubs do the same. The problem is that Chelsea can also afford to pay ridiculous wages to go with ridiculous transfer fees.  Scott Sinclair (currently on loan at Plymouth) is reputedly on £15k pw and has been since he signed for Chelsea as a 15 year old. 

The FA can surely do something about this, no?  A teenager making £15K a week?  Ridiculous.  I hope the Russian gets bored and sells the fucking club.  Win the CL Chelsea, so he doesn't care anymore.

The FA can surely do something about this, no?  A teenager making £15K a week?  Ridiculous.  I hope the Russian gets bored and sells the f****** club.  Win the CL Chelsea, so he doesn't care anymore.

Nothing the FA can do tbh.  Chelsea want to give him silly money, the kid's happy to take it.  The FA have got more important things to do like getting shot of McLaren!

Agree with your hopes and dreams for Chelsea though. :lol: :lol:

The FA can surely do something about this, no?  A teenager making £15K a week?  Ridiculous.  I hope the Russian gets bored and sells the f****** club.  Win the CL Chelsea, so he doesn't care anymore.

Nothing the FA can do tbh.  Chelsea want to give him silly money, the kid's happy to take it.  The FA have got more important things to do like getting shot of McLaren!

Agree with your hopes and dreams for Chelsea though. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, and the FA need to concentrate all their effort on that, cause I don't think they could do multiple things at once and get any of them right. 

I hope they go bankrupt when he leaves.  Blue scum.