Reserves on the slide

Skirge

I thought they were going to do well this season, but they lost again last night to Livverpool 0-3 @ Kingston Park.

Clark reckons the only positive from last night was Ramage..

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1002285,00.html

Clark: Pete The Only Positive

By Craig Hope

LEE Clark singled out Peter Ramage for special praise on what was an otherwise disappointing evening for the Magpies following the 3-0 defeat against Liverpool.

The 23-year-old defender was playing his first game since limping out of the 2-2 draw with West Ham in January after suffering a reoccurrence of a hamstring injury.

Ramage lasted 74 minutes of Monday night's game at Kingston Park, and Clark believes it was no coincidence that the score was still goalless when the Ashington-born centre-back left the field.

The Reserve team coach told Newcastle World after the game: "There was one example of a young, professional performance and that was Peter Ramage.

"He was the only positive to come from the game and I thought it was no coincidence that when he went off we went to pieces and conceded three, very poor late goals."

And the former Toon favourite has threatened that he will dip into the club's schoolboy ranks if performances do not improve.

"That was simply not acceptable and I've made my feelings known after the game.

"I don't mind going further down the ranks and picking younger lads if players are going to give up like they did tonight."

The second-string have to wait just 48 hours before travelling to Sheffield United on Wednesdsay, and Clark is hoping for a positive reaction from his side.

He added: "It's good that we have another game so soon and I'm definitely looking for a reaction from the players.

"If not then we'll have to look at selection and maybe make some changes."

Guest Ridzuan

Every team of ours,the first team,the reserves and U-18 all are currently on a slide for some reason or so.I just hope that it could change soon rather than later.As for the reserve match yesterday,I do not believe that Ramage was that great.I think it is just a lie to make us think that Ramage deserve to be back in the first team when he is not ready.

It's not about results now, though, is it? It's about playing good football and preparing players for the Premiership... apparently.

A good philosophy for kids, no doubt, but perhaps not for professional players on big wages who are supposed to be playing competitively with a view to getting some first-team games.

Reserves were doing fine until Tommy Craig left and Lee Clark took over.

Which is why I can't be arsed going all the way over to watch them anymore.  That and the shocking treatment of spectators at Kingston Park.

Guest eyeball_tickler

you have to remember our reserves are actually our under 15's team. the injuries to the first team has left the reserves in the shit.

Reserves were doing fine until Tommy Craig left and Lee Clark took over.

Which is why I can't be arsed going all the way over to watch them anymore.  That and the shocking treatment of spectators at Kingston Park.

What's that all about?

Guest smoggeordie

Did anyone ever find out why Tommy Craig left?

New Bond aint he?

;)

f*** off! You serious?

the ;) tends to mean he is deadly serious.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Was it not just down to the fact he wanted a more important role at the club, we wouldn't give him it, and Hibs were willing.

Was it not just down to the fact he wanted a more important role at the club, we wouldn't give him it, and Hibs were willing.

Craig was a competent experienced coach - why would Roeder want anyone like that at Newcastle.

It was October before he started his job at Hibs, we let him go in September.

Its a joke he was allowed to leave yet we are left with the Chuckle Brothers, Clark and McDermott, sitting in the dugout.

Guest TheOrder

Fair enough you can pass judgement on Mcdermott, but how can you call Clark a chuckle brother?

If thats the way people are going to treat an apprentice manager, learning his trade at the club that he loves, then its a wonder how anyone makes it here.

To criticize the job Clarkie is doing is insane and totally idiotic.

Lets have a look who played under the reserves for Tommy Craig last year:

Shola Amoebi - 5

Lee Bowyer - 1

Titus Bramble - 1

Michale Chopra - 16

Lee Clark - 8

Robbie Elliot - 8

Amdy Faye - 2

Steve Harper - 5

Albert Luque - 1

Craig Moore - 3

Charles N'Zogbia - 2

Peter Ramage - 7

Total = 59 appearances

Now lets look at people who have started for the first team playing in the reserves this year:

Oliver Bernard - 6 (And i'm being generous by calling him a first teamer)

David Edgar - 7

Paul Huntington - 9

Tim Krul - 1

Albert Luque - 3

Matty Pattison - 14

Alan O'Brien - 4

Peter Ramage - 1

Pavel Srnicek - 2

Total = 47 appearances

So not only more appearances but you could only consider 2 or 3 of this years performers to be first teamers, the rest are promising peospects at best.

Furthermore the average age of the players playing for the reserves has been greatly reduced, Roeder and Clarkie have got rid of the players who were never going to make it such as Finnigan and Atkin and replaced them with 16 and 17 year olds from the youth squad, and 2 of those youth players scored our goals against Sheffield united the other night.

For me Clarkie and Roeder have got the reserves going in the right direction.

Shola Amoebi - 5

Lee Bowyer - 1

Titus Bramble - 1

Michale Chopra - 16

Lee Clark - 8

Robbie Elliot - 8

Amdy Faye - 2

Steve Harper - 5

Albert Luque - 1

Craig Moore - 3

Charles N'Zogbia - 2

Peter Ramage - 7

Total = 59 appearances

Now lets look at people who have started for the first team playing in the reserves this year:

David Edgar - 7

Paul Huntington - 9

Tim Krul - 1

Albert Luque - 3

Matty Pattison - 14

Alan O'Brien - 4

Peter Ramage - 1

Pavel Srnicek - 2

Total = 47 appearances

So not only more appearances but you could only consider 2 or 3 of this years performers to be first teamers, the rest are promising peospects at best.

Furthermore the average age of the players playing for the reserves has been greatly reduced, Roeder and Clarkie have got rid of the players who were never going to make it such as Finnigan and Atkin and replaced them with 16 and 17 year olds from the youth squad, and 2 of those youth players scored our goals against Sheffield united the other night.

TBF the likes of Hunty,Patty and Krul aint 1st team players. The only reason they have played this season is because we have had a few injuries and have a very small squad.

Shola Amoebi - 5

Lee Bowyer - 1

Titus Bramble - 1

Michale Chopra - 16

Lee Clark - 8

Robbie Elliot - 8

Amdy Faye - 2

Steve Harper - 5

Albert Luque - 1

Craig Moore - 3

Charles N'Zogbia - 2

Peter Ramage - 7

Total = 59 appearances

David Edgar - 7

Paul Huntington - 9

Tim Krul - 1

Albert Luque - 3

Matty Pattison - 14

Alan O'Brien - 4

Peter Ramage - 1

Pavel Srnicek - 2

Total = 47 appearances

TBF the likes of Hunty,Patty and Krul aint 1st team players. The only reason they have played this season is because we have had a few injuries and have a very small squad.

Exactly, without counting those players there would have been just 10 aoppearances made by true first team players.