What Could have been ..............

Guest mikebest11

Guest mikebest11

Taken out of the Sky Sports archieve.......

November 99'

BARCELONA could be heading for a major backroom reshuffle as Louis van Gaal faces losing two key members of his staff.

With Ronald Koeman poised to take over as Vitesse Arnhem coach, there is now a strong possibility that assistant coach Jose Mourinho will also move to pastures new by linking up again with his former mentor Bobby Robson at Newcastle.

Mourinho was first mentioned as a definite candidate for the number two`s position at St James` Park when Robson replaced Ruud Gullit but that talk has since died down on Tyneside.

However, our sources in Spain are now suggesting that the Portuguese coach will indeed by teaming up with Robson again soon - perhaps in The New Year when the changing of the guard will take place at Camp Nou

Just image where the club would be now.... :smitten:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'd put up with being hated in return for what they've won over the last few years.

seriously? that's just sad

Guest Invicta_Toon

OMG VIC BEING CONTRARY!

People hate them BECAUSE they win things, dipshit.

right, just like they hated Villa, Nottingham Forest and Liverpool

leave it gemms, you're just making a prat out of yourself now

OMG VIC BEING CONTRARY!

Everyone hated Man U in the 90's

Swings n roundabouts.

Chelsea are hated because of their nack of winning everything and the manner in which they achieved this.

Guest Gemmill

OMG VIC BEING CONTRARY!

:lol:  You clueless tit.  Villa and Forest both had a stranglehold over ALL competitions didn't they?  And I know I hated Liverpool in the 80s for winning fucking everything.

You've got Nobby on your side this time though, so I'll back down.  I don't need another intellectual mauling by Mongzilla.

I'd put up with being hated in return for what they've won over the last few years.

Why is that sad? Would you prefer to be the perennially underachieving loser but liked by most? Like some kind of footballing Tim Henman?

I'll take winning stuff and not giving a fuck about what other people think.

You'd think people would learn after being loved by everyone, '2nd favourite team' etc, and winning absolutely fuck all. I'd take trophy after trophy if it meant we were unpopular.

everyone wanted us to win the title in the 90's, chelsea were generally liked when they won the fa cup with gullit, vialli etc.

you can be successful and be liked

We didn't win anything though, so we weren't successful compared to those really hated - Man Utd in particular. Chelsea were loved by parts of the media for their 'sexy football'. Anyone encountering many of their fans would probably have been less keen on them.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Why is that sad? Would you prefer to be the perennially underachieving loser but liked by most? Like some kind of footballing Tim Henman?

like they're mutually exclusive

I think had Mourinho came here with SBR, we would have seen Robson almost certainly move upstairs, and who knows what would have happened. One good thing there would have been no Mick Wadsworth and therefore no Bassedas, Cordone or Fumaca, that on it's own would have been a result!!!!

Like he said they were.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Like he said they were.

reckon he did actually

I'll take winning stuff and not giving a f*** about what other people think.

Like he said they were.

reckon he did actually

Where would that be then?

Like he said they were.

reckon he did actually

Do you? :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'll take winning stuff and not giving a f*** about what other people think.

Like he said they were.

reckon he did actually

Where would that be then?

you said would we prefer to be a perennially liked loser, or a hated winner?

sounds like a mutually exclusive suggestion to me

Guest Invicta_Toon

Like he said they were.

reckon he did actually

Do you? :lol:

I do don't you?