NUFC players or England?

madras

this thought hit me cos of northern irelands good run,when i was younger i supported northern ireland cos we had players who played for them,cassidy,mcfaul,davey craig,then  dave mcreery then michael o'neill.one of my best nights watching international football was when they beat spain in the 82 world cup.

the question is,say nufc signed 5 dutch internationals and had no england players,all 5 dutchmen played against england,who would you support ?

I would be upset if Newcastle didn't have English players, and I'm Canadian! Obviously, you're happy when your club players do well, but you have to cheer for your home country. In the case of Canadians, we tend to cheer for the country of our descent, and we're still very loyal.

Guest toonbaz

i was very much on the verge of supporting andorra tonight simply because i despise the fact we employed mclaren as england manager. would have found it so amusing had we drew 0-0 tonight, i find supporting enlgand almost as frustrating as supporting the toon.

back to the question in hand though, in my opinion it would depend on the situation, if it were in a world cup then i'd be behind england without a doubt.

i find it so hard to get enthusiastic about england these days apart from wc or euros.

Guest teepee

say denmark played england, with a bunch of newcastle players on for england, i'd still want denmark to win anytime (and we would btw...).

Guest Gemmill

I'd want England to win, but the Dutchmen to look shit-hot.

Dave likes a bit of eye candy when he watches the match.

Guest NIToon

this thought hit me cos of northern irelands good run,when i was younger i supported northern ireland cos we had players who played for them,cassidy,mcfaul,davey craig,then  dave mcreery then michael o'neill.one of my best nights watching international football was when they beat spain in the 82 world cup.

the question is,say nufc signed 5 dutch internationals and had no england players,all 5 dutchmen played against england,who would you support ?

What about if Newcastle signed 5 Northern Irish players???  As I stood, sang, shouted and watched another proud night in Windsor Park last night, I could see what it means to all those players to play for their country.

The Northern Ireland team always gives 100% commitment to the team, as England found to their peril, even if as individuals the players are only seen in the lower leagues.  The commitment is something that Newcastle could learn from and I think we could do worse than signing a few NI players, rather than high paid former stars!!

Guest thenorthumbrian

I would go for the Dutch as inger-land mean nothing to me these days.

The thought of the baby bentley bling brigade winning a trophy doesn't mean a damn thing.

I would go for the Dutch as inger-land mean nothing to me these days.

The thought of the baby bentley bling brigade winning a trophy doesn't mean a damn thing.

Dyer?