Owen

stozo

Only just realised that if the plan of a return against Chelsea is true how close we are to seeing him back, only just over 3 weeks!

I think he could really give us a massive lead and help ua get that vital Intertot or UEFA Cup spot.

I don't Owen will make masses of difference upon his return. Our problems are mainly at the back and I don't think even his goalscoring record can help us into Europe this season

Had a dream about Owen last night. (Not THAT kind, you smart-ass bastards...  >:() I was at Disney World and saw Owen walking around, went up to him and grabbed him by the collar and started yelling at him "How come you're well enough to walk around Disney all day but can't play for us?" Then Disney security came. Then, I think it turned into something about zombies. I definitely remember people's brains being eaten. I don't think Owen was a zombie, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

So judging from my subconscious, I'm a bit anxious for his return but somewhat worried that he'll eat the rest of the squad's brains... oh, and I want to go to Disney World.

Had a dream about Owen last night. (Not THAT kind, you smart-ass bastards...  >:() I was at Disney World and saw Owen walking around, went up to him and grabbed him by the collar and started yelling at him "How come you're well enough to walk around Disney all day but can't play for us?" Then Disney security came. Then, I think it turned into something about zombies. I definitely remember people's brains being eaten. I don't think Owen was a zombie, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

So judging from my subconscious, I'm a bit anxious for his return but somewhat worried that he'll eat the rest of the squad's brains... oh, and I want to go to Disney World.

You do realise he hasn't got aids/cancer don't you?

You do realise he hasn't got aids/cancer don't you?

I make no excuses for my subconscious. I have lived with it for many years and have yet to figure out how it works.

Guest Geordiesned

I can see it now

"Owen crocked again as Toon crushed by Chelski"

So frighteningly accurate.

Nah, he'll get injured playing for England in June despite not having proved his fitness for Newcastle when he's selected in place of the suspended Rooney in a last gasp bid by McLaren to save his job.

Only just realised that if the plan of a return against Chelsea is true how close we are to seeing him back, only just over 3 weeks!

I think he could really give us a massive lead and help ua get that vital Intertot or UEFA Cup spot.

Neither spot is going to be ours, mate.

Guest hagler

I make no excuses for my subconscious. I have lived with it for many years and have yet to figure out how it works.

arent you the one thats  banned from the little pool at shipcoat baths after the incident

Or he'll score 3 on two games, and the equally stupid knee-jerk will start saying he's the best player in the world, ever.

Or he'll score 3 in two and the doomsdayers will be claiming he is off in the summer!

;)

I'm actually gettin a bit excited about his return! I love it when Owen scores!

I feel the same about Peter Ramage!!! 

I must admit it is an amazing feeling when Ramage scores....

Or he'll score 3 on two games, and the equally stupid knee-jerk will start saying he's the best player in the world, ever.

Or he'll score 3 in two and the doomsdayers will be claiming he is off in the summer!

;)

My version is more likely. World class, you know. Going to bring out the best in our other "international class" players......we're gonna win the league!!!

I don't know I would say doom and gloom has quite a monopoly on this forum so im still betting on the "will be gone in the summer" if he makes a good come back or the "he is finished, hasn't got the legs for it anymore" if he doesnt make an instant impact.

I don't know I would say doom and gloom has quite a monopoly on this forum so im still betting on the "will be gone in the summer" if he makes a good come back or the "he is finished, hasn't got the legs for it anymore" if he doesnt make an instant impact.

Doom and gloom?? As if. :)

I hope to fuck he comes good when he gets back. I have a fear around his ability to change his game to cope with his likely loss of pace, but i'll be pleased to see him back, we need him.

On an unrelated (other than being a striker thing), i hope to god someone is stupid enough to make a bid for Ameobi, because i'm fucking damned sure Roeder is stupid enough to play him. Not from the start, because even Genius Glenn isn't THAT daft, but to try to "change the game".......dear god, the very thought.

I suppose if we want to, say, change a game to a one where we have less chance of scoring, that woudl be ok. Other than that, any game where we have to play Shola is a sad one.

I think Owen already adapted his game a lot from the player that burst onto the scene, he is a very clever player who uses his instinct and natural positional sense to get where he needs to be rather than blistering pace. I don't see how there will be a problem unless he comes back barely being able to jog. If Owen has a chance in or around the box the odds are with him to do something with it and from what Steadman has said he expects Owen to come back as strong or maybe even stronger than before.

Im a lot more worried about the chances being created than I am about Owen not doing it anymore, as said if there is a half decent chance there is a very decent chance Owen will put it away.

I think Owen already adapted his game a lot from the player that burst onto the scene, he is a very clever player who uses his instinct and natural positional sense to get where he needs to be rather than blistering pace. I don't see how there will be a problem unless he comes back barely being able to jog. If Owen has a chance in or around the box the odds are with him to do something with it and from what Steadman has said he expects Owen to come back as strong or maybe even stronger than before.

Im a lot more worried about the chances being created than I am about Owen not doing it anymore, as said if there is a half decent chance there is a very decent chance Owen will put it away.

I know what you mean about Owen, i just have an underlying fear about him. Possibly because we need him so much.

I'm not buying that he'll come back as strong as before or stronger. That doesn't tend to happen does it. Hopefully he'll be good enough still, though - like i say, we need Lil' Mikey.