Oba Hat-Trick this weekend...

KaKa

Nailed on!

The boy just needed a bit of a break as the games were coming thick and fast for a moment there. I think the whole squad needed one to be fair.

Anyway watch him explode this weekend!

You heard it here first.

Oba is going to go on to be what Drogba has been for Chelsea. Productive in his early seasons but seemingly lacking in technique, but as he gets more comfortbale i.e. not being the new guy, and he gets a regular partner he will become what Drogba has been this season and maybe even better.

Watch him go this weekend...

I think he'll do better when Owen's around as Owen will always be under the most pressure of any player at this club due to his world class reputation, enormous price tag and the length of time he's been out. Owen has coped with that pressure all his career. That'll take a lot of the pressure off Martins, even though Martins has had a great first season for us carrying our attack alone on many occasions.

People are concerned the two might not work together. My main worry isn't those two but the service that they get. I can't think many defenders would be happy marking those two for 90 minutes. So much movement, two players who can run at defenders or peel off the shoulder of the last man, one a world class finisher the other with a rocket of a long range shot. Martins has been marked out of many games because people know he's dangerous, but put him alongside Owen and one of them is going to get space.

I actually thought Martins would play a lot further up the pitch but it seems he likes to drop deep and get involved in the approach play. I feel he'd be more affective pushing up and playing off the last man, but when Owen is fit it won't necessarily be a bad thing that Martins likes to drop deep while Owen plays the offside trap.

Guest eyeball_tickler

its 28/1 on william hill. might be worth a try.

also, sibierski is 50/1 for a hat-trick.  amazingly short odds. do they know something we dont?  :idiot2:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Nailed on!

The boy just needed a bit of a break as the games were coming thick and fast for a moment there. I think the whole squad needed one to be fair.

You heard it here first.

Oba is going to go on to be what Drogba has been for Chelsea. Productive in his early seasons but seemingly lacking in technique, but as he gets more comfortbale i.e. not being the new guy, and he gets a regular partner he will become what Drogba has been this season and maybe even better.

If it doesn't happen, can we get a promise you won't start any more threads?

Guest Verlaine

Nailed on!

You heard it here first.

If it does, will you promise likewise? :lol:

Guest Morph

Nailed on!

You heard it here first.

:lol:

If anyone here can name the last player to score a hattrick against Manchester City I'll eat my hat*. Doesn't happen. Won't happen. Too good at the back. :knuppel2:

*note: not really. I like my hat.

Nailed on!

You heard it here first.

Yeah what he said.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Nailed on!

You heard it here first.

Yeah what he said.

actually, you're on

this is a binding contract infront of nerds witnesses

Guest Deep456

its 28/1 on william hill. might be worth a try.

also, sibierski is 50/1 for a hat-trick.  amazingly short odds. do they know something we dont?  :idiot2:

Old club :D

Nailed on!

You heard it here first.

Choices, choices.

If anyone here can name the last player to score a hattrick against Manchester City I'll eat my hat*. Doesn't happen. Won't happen. Too good at the back. :knuppel2:

Michael Owen scored a hat trick against City once

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/football/features/newsid_2288000/2288486.stm

Was it a serious question?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/football/features/newsid_2288000/2288486.stm

Was it a serious question?

i think he meant for us. 

I do find it amazing that one striker in his one season had 13 in 35 appearances for us and most of our fans couldn't see the back of him soon enough, yet Martins has 16 in 39 (with a lot more of those being starts than the other one), and is being billed as some hero.

John Carver

Newcastle United assistant manager

"Craig Bellamy is as good a player, if not better, than Michael Owen.

"Michael has an amazing quality for putting the ball in the back of the net but Craig's all-round ability outside the box means that he has more to his game.

"His movement off the ball is better."

Oh dear.

I do find it amazing that one striker in his one season had 13 in 35 appearances for us and most of our fans couldn't see the back of him soon enough, yet Martins has 16 in 39 (with a lot more of those being starts than the other one), and is being billed as some hero.

An interesting point. No doubting the fickleness of sum, but I think many are happy to excuse Martins as it were, because of his age.

I had a bizarre dream last night that we sold Oba to Chelsea for £500m and I woke up excited (No, not like that, you filthy minded bastards!! :lol: ) about what we would spend the money on.