Why did the chicken cross the road?

Optimistic Nut

Obviously an oldie but first time I'd seen this.  :lol:

Arsene Wenger

"From my position in the dug-out I did not see the incident clearly so I cannot really comment. However, I do think that he gets picked on by opposition players and fans who are clearly chickenophobic."

David O'Leary

"To be fair, he's just a baby chicken really and crossing the road is just a big exciting adventure for him. He'll enjoy the experience as long as it lasts and learn from it, but I don't seriously expect him to cross it this season."

Alex Ferguson

"As far as I'm concerned he crossed the road at least a minute early according to my watch."

George Graham

"I want good, solid team of chickens who'll cross the road in a straight line when they're told and how they're told. There's no room at this club for a prima donna chicken running around aimlessly - he's not worth it!"

Gianluca Vialli

"When the fish are down, he'll just be one of the chaps. It doesn't matter to me whether he's an Italian, French or English chicken as long as he's willing to die on the pitch."

Peter Reid

"Just cross the f***ing road, you chicken f***!"

Glenn Hoddle

"The chicken was hit by the lorry when crossing the road because in a previous life it had been a bad chicken."

Brian Clough

"If God had wanted chickens to cross roads he'd have put corn in the tarmac. Anyway, I'm more interested in Wild Turkey."

Ron Atkinson

"Spotter's badge, Clive. For me, Chicko's popped up at the back stick, little eyebrows, and gone bang! And I'll tell you what - I've got a sneaking feeling that this road's there to be crossed."

Ruud Gullit

"I am hoping to see some sexy poultry."

Gordon Strachan

"I'm really proud of the wee fella. Let's face it, if it had been one of the big chickens everyone would be saying how well he'd done, but as it's one of the wee chickens it must be luck."

John Gregory

"Two months ago that chicken was saying he was happy here. Now he tells me he wants to cross the road. I feel like shooting him."

Kevin Keegan

"OK, so the chicken's dead, but I still feel, hey, he can go all the way to the other side of the road."

Mike Newell

"I can't understand why they're letting female chickens cross roads these days. They should be at home laying eggs."

Bobby Robson

"Goose, what turkey, is there a duck somewhere, where am I?"

Glenn Roeder:

"We have our scouts watching him, and if he crosses the road, I'll watch him next time, and I'll watch him again, and if he doesn't get run over, and if Liverpool don't pinch him while he's on the other side, I'll watch him once more just to make sure."

Glenn: Glenn Roeder doesn't believe in watching chickens cross roads but no one can deny that this season there have been fowls crossing the causeway and we've had to take notice of that.  No manager in the league wouldn't. 

"Now everyone knows I don't make excuses but that Chicken has had 10 feathers out at times this season, no manager could have done a better job trying to get it across the road than me, but when the little pedestrian crossing light guy is on red its hard work waiting for them to change and that frustrates fans, that affected him today, but make no mistake, in next the transfer window I'll be looking at bringing in 2 or 3 new feathers cos I'm having to work with other peoples here and I can't be judged on that..."

:boomboom: :tumbleweed:

I'd do one for Stuart Pearce but no-one here would get the "cute" or "this football club" references...

Guest NIToon

That chicken is crossing for it's future at the moment, it's got seven more crossings to prove that it has a future crossing roads