7pts from Relegation - 7 games to go

Karjala

I think 38 points will be enough, having a look at the table. If we can't get 1 from 7...

With Roeder as manager ?

Highly possible.

Whats your solution then genius? Sack him now? And then what?

I'm not saying it is the solution, but it could be, at least short term. A new manager would probably bring a boost that would at least keep us up.

some very very very short memories around here

Yours?  You can't even remember what was written at the beginning of the said post. :rolls:

eh?

I wasnt saying it was the solution, i said it may be a short term solution to keep us up.  Like Roeder last year had a short term impact.

We have spent the majority of the season with one recognised striker ... Irrespective of the manager, or the quality of our squad, this season was never going to be anything than mediocre at best...

I'm sure he said if Roeder turns out to be the wrong man, he will hold his hands up and take full responsibility but I can't remember him saying he'd stand down, the only time he's ever said that is if there was a Geordie Abramovic waiting in the wings or when we win a trophy, both as likely as finding rocking horse s*** :lol:

If he had of said it I can assure you that I would have had the full text and URL tattooed on my chest for future reference.  I doubt I'd have missed that one.

I think it was more along the lines of he could not afford to make another mistake when it came to appointing the next manager.

Seemed to have a fair hint of seriousness to his tone, and believed it to a degree at the time, but I am well aware that it is clearly easily dismissed now. Shepherd walking would be a massive shock, but I would also be amazed if he hasn't lost some of his fight after the pressure of recent let downs.

We have spent the majority of the season with one recognised striker ... Irrespective of the manager, or the quality of our squad, this season was never going to be anything than mediocre at best...

I don't agree with that, I really think a better manager would have got more out of the players than Roeder has been able to get most of the time.

I'm not saying Roeder is the man for the job .. just that our current squad is no better than our position in the league suggests .. i accept a top manager may have got more out of the team, but unfortunately .. we dont have one.

I'm not saying Roeder is the man for the job .. just that our current squad is no better than our position in the league suggests .. i accept a top manager may have got more out of the team, but unfortunately .. we dont have one.

According to Roeder no manager could of done better than he has this season. :lol:

Never even considered relegation until today. I always thought 'we've got too many points' and ' there's loads of clubs between us and the bottom 3' - but after seeing that shower of shit today, I'm getting a bit twitchy. I can't see where the next win is coming from and others are picking up points. I don't think we'll go down - but we won't be far away come May. If you haven't seen them today and are waiting for the highlights - fucking brace yourselves. It was utter, utter shit from front to back.

Never even considered relegation until today. I always thought 'we've got too many points' and ' there's loads of clubs between us and the bottom 3' - but after seeing that shower of s*** today, I'm getting a bit twitchy. I can't see where the next win is coming from and others are picking up points. I don't think we'll go down - but we won't be far away come May. If you haven't seen them today and are waiting for the highlights - f****** brace yourselves. It was utter, utter s*** from front to back.

havent read what you wrote yet, but crackin avator mate.

According to Roeder no manager could of done better than he has this season. :lol:

Aye, the man has a firm grip on reality :rolleyes:

What disturbs me is that he seems to have no realisation of our current predicament:

(Stuart Pearce)

"At the moment for me, any three teams from eight could be relegated, and we are one of the eight."

Asked if Newcastle were one of the right sides still needed to secure their Barclays Premiership place, Pearce replied: 'They are one of the eight - we are a point behind them.

However, Newcastle boss Roeder bristled at the suggestion he should be looking over his shoulder.

He said: "It has not crossed my mind. I never talk about other teams, Stuart talks for himself."

Never crossed your mind, eh Glenn? I'm sure it never crossed your mind that Birmingham could smack us in January, or that playing for a goalless draw in Holland was a suicide pact, or that losing at home to Man City (and all the rest) was possible either...

We haven't scored in how many Premiership games?

I'm beginning to think its possible. The squad is demoralized, the manager has gone mental, and Stephen Carr is first choice right back.

Well, on the bright side, we have something to play for now eh?  :tongue:

Guest Darth Toon

Just done the BBC Premiership predictor for the rest of the season, and I make it that 38 points will be enough to stay up, so we just need one more from somewhere.

Fully expect us to lose at Sheff Utd, but wouldn't be too surprised to see us get a point at home to Arsenal. I think it might be a lot closer than some people are thinking though.

One win will keep us up IMO.

Cant see it coming from Arsenal or Chelsea at home, or Sheff U, Reading or Pompey away.

So for me, we need to win one of Blackburn (H) or Watford (A)

If we lose the next couple (Sheff U Away, Arsenal Home) we are gonna be in the dog fight, then the next two after that are Pompey Away & Chelsea Home, and we are really in the mix then.

Guest andynufc84

I think we may however around 13/14th place over the coming month, but I don't think we'll get really sucked in to the Sheff utd/Chalton/West ham Dogfight.

Watford are gone, as are West ham imo as they have left it too late. Think it will boil down to Sheff Utd V Charlton.

Its worth remembering the likes of Boro, Fulham and Villa are in worse poisitions than us but I can't see any of them going down.

It will be Watford, West Ham and Sheff Utd imo

Pearce said yesterday he thinks we can get sucked into the relegation battle.

Stuart Pearce thinks that he can do two jobs at once. Stuart Pearce thinks that Georgios Samaras is a winger. Stuart Pearce thinks Nicky Weaver is a better goalie than Andreas Isaksson. Stuart Pearce thinks the way to beat Blackburn is to use the same system we played when they mullered us. If he thinks you can get sucked into it, I'd be sleeping a little easier. Cos he is thick. :uglystupid2:

Guest andynufc84

Pearce said yesterday he thinks we can get sucked into the relegation battle.

Stuart Pearce thinks that he can do two jobs at once. Stuart Pearce thinks that Georgios Samaras is a winger. Stuart Pearce thinks Nicky Weaver is a better goalie than Andreas Isaksson. Stuart Pearce thinks the way to beat Blackburn is to use the same system we played when they mullered us. If he thinks you can get sucked into it, I'd be sleeping a little easier. Cos he is thick. :uglystupid2:

BTW I though Joey Barton at times was the best player on the pitch yesterday, much better than Parker like

Any chance he'll be leaving at the end of the season?