Roeder's post match reaction

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider
"Maybe one or two of them, their confidence dipped a little bit during the game and of course when that happens it makes it more difficult.

"But they have to be big enough and brave enough to get over that.

"Now we all have to gather ourselves again on Monday and work hard to make sure we are in the right frame of mind and mental condition to go down to Sheffield United on Saturday."

And

"It was a tough afternoon, a very frustrating afternoon to say the least," he said. "We found it difficult to break them down with so many players behind the ball.

"I understand the fans' frustration. I was very frustrated myself that we found it difficult to break them down.

"But people don't realise how difficult it is playing against a team that gets so many men behind the ball. When that happens you must score the first goal to bring them out to play.

"When Scott Parker's goal was disallowed they waited and then punished us for making a mistake, losing possession of the ball. They got us on the counter-attack and the few chances that came our way were then after we went one down."

The United fans urged changes before James Milner and Antoine Sibierski were thrown into the fray 15 minutes from time with the match still goalless but Roeder added: "Everyone's entitled to their opinion and the beautiful thing about football is that we all have our opinions.

"It's my opinion that the changes that I made at that particular time would have helped us to have got a win.

"It didn't pan out that way, though quite easily we could have got something out of the game after the changes were made.

"I think the reaction (of the fans) was more about more about the way the game had gone than anything else."

Roeder also felt that captain Scott Parker's disallowed 17th minute `goal' might have stood to give United a vital lead."

Roeder said: "Scotty's goal was disallowed on a very tight decision," then added: "I said to the players on Friday that we have to share the goals around. We can't rely on Oba Martins all the time. He himself had a frustrating afternoon and that's where we need other players to chip in.

"City came here and decided to sit back, not play, if you like, and stop us from playing. And they did that very well at times.

"The players' disappointment in the dressing-room is huge. They've lost a game where they shouldn't have lost. They would have been disappointed only taking a point, but it's a double-whammy."

"Maybe one or two of them, their confidence dipped a little bit during the game and of course when that happens it makes it more difficult.

"Now we all have to gather ourselves again on Monday and work hard to make sure we are in the right frame of mind and mental condition to go down to Sheffield United on Saturday."

And

"It was a tough afternoon, a very frustrating afternoon to say the least," he said. "We found it difficult to break them down with so many players behind the ball.

"I understand the fans' frustration. I was very frustrated myself that we found it difficult to break them down.

"But people don't realise how difficult it is playing against a team that gets so many men behind the ball. When that happens you must score the first goal to bring them out to play.

"When Scott Parker's goal was disallowed they waited and then punished us for making a mistake, losing possession of the ball. They got us on the counter-attack and the few chances that came our way were then after we went one down."

The United fans urged changes before James Milner and Antoine Sibierski were thrown into the fray 15 minutes from time with the match still goalless but Roeder added: "Everyone's entitled to their opinion and the beautiful thing about football is that we all have our opinions.

"It's my opinion that the changes that I made at that particular time would have helped us to have got a win.

"It didn't pan out that way, though quite easily we could have got something out of the game after the changes were made.

"I think the reaction (of the fans) was more about more about the way the game had gone than anything else."

Roeder also felt that captain Scott Parker's disallowed 17th minute `goal' might have stood to give United a vital lead."

Roeder said: "Scotty's goal was disallowed on a very tight decision," then added: "I said to the players on Friday that we have to share the goals around. We can't rely on Oba Martins all the time. He himself had a frustrating afternoon and that's where we need other players to chip in.

"City came here and decided to sit back, not play, if you like, and stop us from playing. And they did that very well at times.

"The players' disappointment in the dressing-room is huge. They've lost a game where they shouldn't have lost. They would have been disappointed only taking a point, but it's a double-whammy."

The bloke hasn't got a fucking clue.

Guest toonchina

Roeder can understand the frustrations from the St James' Park faithful, but has vowed to stick to his principles.

"It is most difficult for the fans. There is high expectation at Newcastle, but they don't understand how difficult it is to break a team down," he added.

"It proved very difficult and frustrating. Normally the fans are helpful here, but they quickly got frustrated and that got to the players. In the end it started to show in our play.

"They (the fans) don't pick the team and never will do. If fans voice their opinions about a particular player, it is usually because they are frustrated.

"I will never make a substitution on the back of what the fans want."

This time he blames the result on the fans.Well done!!!!

Shit, my blood  vessels have just ballooned, again.

We know what his opinion is going to be regarding the changes, we also know that his decision didn't pay off, partly because of who he took off.

Roeder can understand the frustrations from the St James' Park faithful, but has vowed to stick to his principles.

"It is most difficult for the fans. There is high expectation at Newcastle, but they don't understand how difficult it is to break a team down," he added.

"It proved very difficult and frustrating. Normally the fans are helpful here, but they quickly got frustrated and that got to the players. In the end it started to show in our play.

"They (the fans) don't pick the team and never will do. If fans voice their opinions about a particular player, it is usually because they are frustrated.

"I will never make a substitution on the back of what the fans want."

This time he blames the result on the fans.Well done!!!!

bluelaugh.gif

Guest NSMagpie

The bloke hasn't got a f****** clue.

No, he hasn't, but until recently, over 60% of the people who were reading nufc-online.com thought he was actually the right man to turn things around.

He was never the right man, but he's just a scapegoat while the guy whose responsibility is the greatest, Freddy Shepherd, gets away with all kinds of b***s**t.

No, he hasn't, but until recently, over 60% of the people who were reading nufc-online.com thought he was actually the right man to turn things around.

He was never the right man, but he's just a scapegoat while the guy whose responsibility is the greatest, Freddy Shepherd, gets away with all kinds of b***s**t.

100% SPOT ON.

HE HAS BLAMED EVERYONE EXCEPT HIMSELF AGAIN!!!!

"oba had an off day"

"if the goal had stood"

"it was the fans' fault"

"i made substitutions - so its not my fault"

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LEAVE

Guest NIToon

And

1.  Plenty of other teams have managed it against Man City this season - S**t excuse

2.  Read 'Lost another game they shouldn't have lost'

The mood was hostile throughout the game and reading fucking bullshit like that tonight will get folk even more annoyed. Roeder didn't have a fucking clue how to win that game today. He's a nice bloke but he's got to go in the summer. 'Out of his depth' doesn't even come close.

I bought a lottery ticket when the jackpot hit $350 million over here with the intention of buying Shepherd's shares with the winnings and replacing him as chairman.  Got one number out of six. 

Other than that, what can you do to get rid of him?  Hope whichever London hedge fund is interested decides to put in another bid?  Boycotting the club doesn't dislodge Shepherd...it just hurts the club in the long run.  And you can't really ask people to forfeit their football on the weekend to spite him.  Even if people didn't turn up, he would still hang on.  What can you do but hope he eventually gets it right?  He must want to make money after all, and a successful club equals more money/pies for him.

Guest NSMagpie

100% SPOT ON.

I'm glad you agree. :)

Guest NSMagpie

I bought a lottery ticket when the jackpot hit $350 million over here with the intention of buying Shepherd's shares with the winnings and replacing him as chairman.  Got one number out of six. 

Other than that, what can you do to get rid of him?  Hope whichever London hedge fund is interested decides to put in another bid?  Boycotting the club doesn't dislodge Shepherd...it just hurts the club in the long run.  And you can't really ask people to forfeit their football on the weekend to spite him.  Even if people didn't turn up, he would still hang on.  What can you do but hope he eventually gets it right?  He must want to make money after all, and a successful club equals more money/pies for him.

We can only guess what would happen if people didn't buy season tickets, but it would cause a lot of trouble for shepherd too, not just for the club.

IMHO, the solution doesn't have to include boycott, especially in the beginning, but there have to  be organized actions from the fans with the sole intention of getting rid of FS.

I haven't thought about it before, but you can make up a thousand little things to make him feel uncomfortable, and undermine his postion.

1. For instance, one giant flag waved at every match saying: "FS- You Are To Blame!"

2. Petition with names and IDs of regular ST holders wishing to see the end of FS.

3. Anti-Shepherd site explaining all disastrous results of his running of the club

4. Flyers and info on Shepherd Vs. NUFC distributed in front of SJP before every match

5. Inflatable imitation of FS in horizontal black and white stripes instead of regular ones ;)

6. Organizing a committee of fans who would come up with a resolute demands for reforms at NUFC including FS

7. Organizing media coverage of all above actions

8...continue the list yourself

Come on, people, we in Serbia got rid of dictator like Milosevic, who had police, army, secret police, and we did it without any violence (but with some help from our friends, of course ;) ).

You're dealing with a greedy moron with half of Milosevic's IQ, and no institution of force to back him up. It's all up to British Mags.

If they form a critical mass, organize actions, find right leaders, and stay together, they CAN force him to sell his share in the NUFC.

Guest NSMagpie

how about orginised vandalism/looting?

That's great in general. ;) But, I don't feel it has much to do with Shepherd and NUFC. Unless you loot under Fat Fred's mask wearing black and white stripes.

I think you've got to include the Halls if you're pointing fingers

GR can fuk off, waste of fuking space the arse bandit is.

As much charm as a flea biting your leg, about time the club got rid of the waste of space, but the fat prick in charge of the appointment of another manager will go running straight to Shearer, who'll spend a ton of money as he'll demand it, and bankrupt the club.

The future of our club, its plain to see.