I especially felt sorry for...

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

the American/Canadian mags who were infront of me at the box office today. So excited, and simply awestruck at SJP, they had an awful game, and an awful atmosphere as memories to take home with them.

It's not easy for the regulars to get over dissapointment, but when you've spent so much time travelling, and so much money just on the flights, NUFC really did take the piss.

:thup: We should all get a fucking refund

I travelled over to the Fulham game in September, travelling all day just to see that shower of s***, i was devasted, awful return journey and to make matters worse i was in Burger King in the airport and had to sit beside the Fulham players and coaching staff

If you are fuking dumb enough to be from North America and still support this shower of shite then you deserve to taste the crap served up at SJP when you make the stupidly long trip over.

What do they expect?

A decent team playing decent football?

Wrong club, go support a team with a decent board and a qualified manager.

Guest Gemmill

Refunds.  Price rises more likely.  What's funny is this move to the credit card ticket system.  In a year when season ticket sales are destined to plummet, fuckwit decides to shell out on a new system that will prevent people from selling on matches on their tickets.  Good idea Fred - for anyone for whom getting a ticket was a marginal decision, you've just helped them make their minds up.

If you are fuking dumb enough to be from North America and still support this shower of shite then you deserve to taste the crap served up at SJP when you make the stupidly long trip over.

What do they expect?

A decent team playing decent football?

Wrong club, go support a team with a decent board and a qualified manager.

Send the buggers back.  :rolleyes:

Guest TheOrder

You know its not as easy as that TT. If you support a team, you support the team. Regardless of distance etc.

I'm going to Sheff U on Saturday, then I'm packing it in until next season.

funny isnt.... we have no choice but to support this rabble, yet people from ALL over the world, pick NUFC as their club, even though weve won jack, and will never win nowt!

Proper supporters, dont jump on the Manure/Arse/Chelski bandwagon.

Personally i remember in Helsinki in 2002 there were a good 50 Nufc fans at a sports bar every weekend to watch the game, about 40 Manure fans, 30 Arse, 20 Spurs, 10 B'burn...

Now the 50 NUFC fans still exist, but theres 70-100 chelski fans and a bar called 'Chelsea Pub'. Probably rename it to Man Utd Pub in the summer... O0

You know its not as easy as that TT. If you support a team, you support the team. Regardless of distance etc.

I'm going to Sheff U on Saturday, then I'm packing it in until next season.

Ignore me, am in a foul mood  :crazy2:

I do really feel sorry for them, just feel sorry enough for myself right now not to be thinking about anyone else.

Refunds.  Price rises more likely.  What's funny is this move to the credit card ticket system.  In a year when season ticket sales are destined to plummet, fuckwit decides to shell out on a new system that will prevent people from selling on matches on their tickets.  Good idea Fred - for anyone for whom getting a ticket was a marginal decision, you've just helped them make their minds up.

Surprisingly :) I don't think they have actually thought it through. Presumably because they always sell out the season tickets, and always will.

funny isnt.... we have no choice but to support this rabble, yet people from ALL over the world, pick NUFC as their club, even though weve won jack, and will never win nowt!

Personally i remember in Helsinki in 2002 there were a good 50 Nufc fans at a sports bar every weekend to watch the game, about 40 Manure fans, 30 Arse, 20 Spurs, 10 B'burn...

Now the 50 NUFC fans still exist, but theres 70-100 chelski fans and a bar called 'Chelsea Pub'. Probably rename it to Man Utd Pub in the summer... O0

proper supporters support the team of the place where they come from.

Not true, some proper supporters support teams because of family members, my kids were always going to support Newcastle, regardless of where they were born.  My nephew was born in the midlands but didn’t have a choice in the matter, he was born black & white, we made sure of that.

Not true, some proper supporters support teams because of family members, my kids were always going to support Newcastle, regardless of where they were born.  My nephew was born in the midlands but didnt have a choice in the matter, he was born black & white, we made sure of that.

There's an argument that "come from" is a generational thing - but if i moved to Birmingham (as if), had kids, and THEY stayed there, had kids etc, i wouldn't expect my grandkids to be NUFC fans.

If you are a brummie (which my grandkids would be) you should support a Birmingham team, in my opinion. You shouldn't necessarily be forced into supporting a team other than that of where you 'come from'.

There's an argument that "come from" is a generational thing - but if i moved to Birmingham (as if), had kids, and THEY stayed there, had kids etc, i wouldn't expect my grandkids to be NUFC fans.

If you are a brummie (which my grandkids would be) you should support a Birmingham team, in my opinion. You shouldn't necessarily be forced into supporting a team other than that of where you 'come from'.

My nephew wasn't forced into supporting us, more like brainwashed. bluelaugh.gif

My nephew wasn't forced into supporting us, more like brainwashed. bluelaugh.gif

Its all good, mate, really.

Our lass isn't a mag (ex-Dirty Leeds ST holder), so i had ot make sure The Boy understood the "you support your local team thing". :)

ust wait when it becomes the sunderland bar the year after  :-[

Not true, some proper supporters support teams because of family members, my kids were always going to support Newcastle, regardless of where they were born.  My nephew was born in the midlands but didnt have a choice in the matter, he was born black & white, we made sure of that.

I know what you mean, but...I've been born and raised in Newcastle, but i support scotland as my national team.  My dad's been taking me to scotland games since i was 5, so ive no choice in the matter.  I'm a scotland fan, like it or not.  Naturally, i would bring my son up as a scotland fan, despite him only being 1/4 scottish

I know what you mean, but...I've been born and raised in Newcastle, but i support scotland as my national team.  My dad's been taking me to scotland games since i was 5, so ive no choice in the matter.  I'm a scotland fan, like it or not.  Naturally, i would bring my son up as a scotland fan, despite him only being 1/4 scottish

I respect that, but i don't get it.

But hey, if football was THAT clear cut, no-one would ever have been stupid enough to defend that diseased, £85k a week, whining little wanker Dyer.

Guest Invicta_Toon

it's typical Fred not knowing his own business, it's fucking hilarious when you think of the amount of stubs that change hands in pubs

ah well, some of us sponge ST's off family members :lol:

only the decent games mind, not that shite today

I'm a Canadian. My grandparents immigrated from South Sheilds, but my ancesters also lived in Boro and Sunderland. I could have chosen any of those teams, but I chose Newcastle because I thought it was the team with the best fans. In a way, it disappoints me to see fans turning on the team, but I do understand why.

I'll come and see them at SJP some day, and regardless of whether they win, lose or draw, it will still be a great memory.

I'm a Canadian. My grandparents immigrated from South Sheilds, but my ancesters also lived in Boro and Sunderland. I could have chosen any of those teams, but I chose Newcastle because I thought it was the team with the best fans. In a way, it disappoints me to see fans turning on the team, but I do understand why.

I'll come and see them at SJP some day, and regardless of whether they win, lose or draw, it will still be a great memory.

Wrong, imo.

Guest optimistic nit

But hey, if football was THAT clear cut, no-one would ever have been stupid enough to defend that diseased, £85k a week, whining little w****** Dyer.

you mean our best player? ;)

But hey, if football was THAT clear cut, no-one would ever have been stupid enough to defend that diseased, £85k a week, whining little w****** Dyer.

you mean our best player? ;)

You need to check your interweb settings, mate. Its fucking up your screen, or something. I said DYER.

Best player....<snigger>

I'm from Korea. We've got a good bunch of 50+ fans who hang out at our own message board and meet up regularly to watch games.

Most of us have never even been to Newcastle, but for various reasons it's become our adopted club. (We've all got domestic clubs we support as well if you want to get picky about it)

A lot of us have been through all the highs and lows of recent years, but never once have I seen somebody suggest that they couldn't be bothered to support NUFC anymore.

Something about this club just brings out unreasonable devotion in people.

Personally, I'm sitting in my room right now waiting for the 6 hour coach back to London which will be followed by a 7 hour flight back to Boston (where I reside at the moment). I flew 6000 miles to see possibly the worst match ever, and yet I still plan to come back. No idea why.