Carr

Babayaro

Bramble

Ramage

Sibierski

Onyewu

Pattison

O'Brien

Moore* had a good day today, but not enough.

Luque

Please vacate SJP, and free up our wage structure. :coolsmiley:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These players need a kick up the arse, and a serious talking to:

Dyer

Taylor

Emre.

Duff* Just slightly missed out on the above list.

Feel free to add your own..

* Didn't add some of the rabble in the reserves.

Are not fit enough to wear the shirt (Going with the England theme)

Harper

Carr

Ramage

Moore

Bramble

Gooch

Babayaro

Duff

Parker

Emre

Pattison

O'Brien

Sibby

Dyer

Luque

Owen

Ameobi

------------------

Taylor & Martins need a kick up the arse.

Given is about the only player who's performance's are good enough for this football club at the moment, and thats only just.

Harper

Carr

Ramage

Moore

Bramble

Gooch

Babayaro

Duff

Parker

Emre

Pattison

O'Brien

Sibby

Dyer

Luque

Owen

Ameobi

------------------

Given is about the only player who's performance's are good enough for this football club at the moment, and thats only just.

Going by looks only is a little harsh. ;)

Harper

Carr

Ramage

Moore

Bramble

Gooch

Babayaro

Duff

Parker

Emre

Pattison

O'Brien

Sibby

Dyer

Luque

Owen

Ameobi

------------------

Well its impossible to judge them on footballing ability as they have none.

Harper

Carr

Ramage

Moore

Bramble

Gooch

Babayaro

Duff

Parker

Emre

Pattison

O'Brien

Sibby

Dyer

Luque

Owen

Ameobi

------------------

Owen plays for England!!!1

Harper

Carr

Ramage

Moore

Bramble

Gooch

Babayaro

Duff

Parker

Emre

Pattison

O'Brien

Sibby

Dyer

Luque

Owen

Ameobi

------------------

Owen plays for England!!!1

Sometimes.

And so does Dyer, occasionally, and he couldn;t be more mediocre if he tried.

I don't know who some of you think we are tbh. These players clearly aren't up to standard:

Srnicek

Carr

Bramble

Moore (had his day)

Ramage

Babayaro

Bernard

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Sibierski (really like him but he's not good enough)

Those lot should not be here next season. The rest of the senior players we have are capable enough but they aren't doing it for one reason or another. Don't kid yourselves by saying our whole squad should be sold though because they aren't Newcastle standard players. Its clear we need new players, but we don't need a whole new squad. We need a strong squad but we won't get that by selling our better players. 

I don't know who some of you think we are tbh. These players clearly aren't up to standard:

Srnicek

Carr

Bramble

Moore (had his day)

Ramage

Babayaro

Bernard

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Those lot should not be here next season. The rest of the senior players we have are capable enough but they aren't doing it for one reason or another. Don't kid yourselves by saying our whole squad should be sold though because they aren't Newcastle standard players. Its clear we need new players, but we don't need a whole new squad. We need a strong squad but we won't get that by selling our better players. 

Bollocks.

I want a genuine top 6 team. So the likes of Parker, Ameobi, Dyer (if we want to push on, or even have a really consistent team) aren't good enough.

Srnicek

Carr

Bramble

Moore (had his day)

Ramage

Babayaro

Bernard

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Bollocks.

I want a genuine top 6 team. So the likes of Parker, Ameobi, Dyer (if we want to push on, or even have a really consistent team) aren't good enough.

I want a genuine top 4 team but it's not gonna happen overnight, and it certainly won't happen by selling the whole squad. I think some of you forget that you need a squad as well as a first 11.

Srnicek

Carr

Bramble

Moore (had his day)

Ramage

Babayaro

Bernard

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Bollocks.

I want a genuine top 4 team but it's not gonna happen overnight, and it certainly won't happen by selling the whole squad. I think some of you forget that you need a squad as well as a first 11.

We need a GOOD ENOUGH squad. The players listed above by a number of us are NOT good enough.

Guest TheOrder

The bubble burst for Parker today, when the fans heckled at his 360's, and cringed at his last ditch tackles.

Srnicek

Carr

Bramble

Moore (had his day)

Ramage

Babayaro

Bernard

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Bollocks.

Yeah, totally forgot about that tbh, how it slipped my mind i do not know.

Maybe i should ask Fat Fred as it slipped his mind at the start of this season as well?

The point the most are trying to make in this thread is that there are not many player who you would keep, even the ones that you'd like to build a squad with as so highly paid you want rid of them for younger, hungrier players who perform more than once per 10 games.

Its all good fun keeping the like of Duff, Parker, Emre, Dyer & Owen as they are good players, but how often do they perform if at all, and how much a week do this bunch of stars cost the club which is losing money quicker than if Nick Leeson was in charge?

Well its all about opinions, but i think Parker and Dyer are definitely good enough players for the 20 odd man squad we should have next season.

Question 1) Are they good enough for the FIRST TEAM of a club aiming for top 4 (via top 6)?

Answer - No, not really.

Question 2) Are they worth keeping on as squad players?

Answer - bearing in mind their limited impact/ability, are they worth the £130k a week they cost us as SQUAD players, NO.

Srnicek

Carr

Bramble

Moore (had his day)

Ramage

Babayaro

Bernard

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Bollocks.

Yeah, totally forgot about that tbh, how it slipped my mind i do not know.

Maybe i should ask Fat Fred as it slipped his mind at the start of this season as well?

The point the most are trying to make in this thread is that there are not many player who you would keep, even the ones that you'd like to build a squad with as so highly paid you want rid of them for younger, hungrier players who perform more than once per 10 games.

Its all good fun keeping the like of Duff, Parker, Emre, Dyer & Owen as they are good players, but how often do they perform if at all, and how much a week do this bunch of stars cost the club which is losing money quicker than if Nick Leeson was in charge?

I know what you're saying but we have to be realistic as well. A lot of them are clearly overpaid, but even if we sold the likes of Emre who might be on £60,000 a week, it's probably gonna cost more to replace him. If it was an ideal world then i would get rid of most of our players, but realistically we will not be able to so it so we need to sort the priorities out which are clearly some new full backs, centre backs, a creative centre midfielder and a striker as well as a few more good squad players. There is absolutely no chance of us selling a whole defence and half a midfield and a couple of strikers then replacing them all.

I agree with some of the sentiments in this thread, thing is though, if some of these players were got rid of (Dyer, Emre, Owen) And replaced with so called lesser players who work hard but aren't pretty, Im fairly sure we'd all be complaining about becoming the new Bolton, Wigan etc. And wouldn't be fully satisfied, the balance between what we're at now and becoming that is where we should aim for, and selling good players won't acheive that.

I agree with some of the sentiments in this thread, thing is though, if some of these players were got rid of (Dyer, Emre, Owen) And replaced with so called lesser players who work hard but aren't pretty, Im fairly sure we'd all be complaining about becoming the new Bolton, Wigan etc. And wouldn't be fully satisfied, the balance between what we're at now and becoming that is where we should aim for, and selling good players won't acheive that.

Dyer and Emre aren't that "good", though. If they were top players, i'd agree with you.

We NEED to replace the majority of the defence, and half of the midfield, or we will NEVER gdet back into the top 6.

Dyer and Emre aren't that "good", though. If they were top players, i'd agree with you.

We NEED to replace the majority of the defence, and half of the midfield, or we will NEVER gdet back into the top 6.

Right, so we're looking to sell 'average' players with high wages (Emre, Dyer) then replace them with 'ggod' players, on less of a wage. Hmmm, get the feeling, as awesome as he is, our manager may struggle with that.

Well its all about opinions, but i think Parker and Dyer are definitely good enough players for the 20 odd man squad we should have next season.

Question 1) Are they good enough for the FIRST TEAM of a club aiming for top 4 (via top 6)?

Answer - No, not really.

Question 2) Are they worth keeping on as squad players?

Answer - bearing in mind their limited impact/ability, are they worth the £130k a week they cost us as SQUAD players, NO.

1.None of our players apart from Given and Owen are good enough to get in a top four line up. Owen has been a crock so far. Martins is on a good day but he's far too hit and miss at the minute.

2.I don't know how much they are on a week exactly but if Dyer is on the reported £80,000 a week then he's definitely not worth keeping as a squad player considering how much we get out of him. Most of our squad are overpaid though and its a big problem but we can't really address it because even if we sell the ones on big money it's gonna cost more money to replace a lot of them.

I would keep these for definite:

Given, Solano, Taylor, Parker, N'zogbia, Milner, Martins

I would definitely get rid of the ones i listed earlier in the thread. I would sell Emre if we got a decent bid for him taking all things into consideration, i would sell Duff if we got our money back, i would sell Dyer if we got £3m for him, i would definitely sell Ameobi if i thought there was any chance of us signing enough strikers so we have 4 quality strikers to go into next season with. It's all ifs and buts though. I just don't think its realistic what some people are saying. Long term fine, but this summer the biggest priorities have got to be a new defence, a creative midfielder and a couple of new strikers ideally.

Right, so we're looking to sell 'average' players with high wages (Emre, Dyer) then replace them with 'ggod' players, on less of a wage. Hmmm, get the feeling, as awesome as he is, our manager may struggle with that.

If we can't get a better player than Dire for £90k a week, then....oh, fuck it. Of COURSE we can get a better player than this mediocre piece of crap for that kind of money - less, even.

If you think we shoudl keep that quality of player, and thats good enough for you, then good on you, you're Shepherds ideal type of fan. Spin-friendly and blind to the truth.