Roeder guarantees return to Europe

thewellander

Roed: We'll get European spotApr 1 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Glenn Roeder last night guaranteed Newcastle fans European qualification next season . . .

If the club stays relatively injury-free.

The United boss concedes that a top-six finish is beyond his side this season, but sees it as a certainty next year - fitness permitting.

"Next year, injury-free, we will return to a season where European football is guaranteed," promised Roeder.

And the manager vowed to ride out any criticism that comes his way in the meantime.

"If you do well you get a pat on the back and if you don't do well, you get a kick up the backside. That is football," he said. "You get judged every game.

"I love football and the business, and I accept that responsibility. If you only want to get patted on the back, don't become a manager."

It irritates me that he won't acknowlege even for a second that he has played a role in the bad form of the club. Once again, he mentions the injuries, and he claims that the fans are only down on him because the club aren't getting results. Basically, our specific gripes about him are just the rumblings of the ignorant masses.

Roed: We'll get European spotApr 1 2007

"I love football and the business, and I accept that responsibility. If you only want to get patted on the back, don't become a manager."

So fucking accept some of that responsibility damnit!!!

Examples might be:

"I erred in Holland"

"My team selection against Man City may have been too negative"

"I can totally understand the fans frustration when my tactics and substitutions turn out to be wrong"

"Making Scott Parker club captain was a mistake"

Etc

He is shooting himself in the foot saying shit like that, you know for the rest of the season I would love to see no stories from Roedre or any of the squad, they need to fkn shut up and put up!!

Guest BooBoo

He's beginning to sound very desperate. Making promises about next season already translates into "yep, i know this season has been awful".

:knuppel2:

He is fkn mental if he thinks he can get this aquad to play well enough for the last 7 games to finish in a EUFA spot, I think we will be very lucky to finish in the top half of the table at all..

He's beginning to sound very desperate. Making promises about next season already translates into "yep, i know this season has been awful".

:knuppel2:

He's not only making promises for next year, he's got the injury excuse in early.  bluelaugh.gif

Guest Knightrider

The more I read, the more I feel the board are thinking "here's some rope, see if you can hang yourself" he isn't going to convince or fool anyone and if anything, is making things worse for himself.