If Emre leaves in the summer.

Parky

What is our creative mf solution...

I can fantasize about Nasri (Marseilles €25m) or the rehabilitation of Riquelme at SJP or stealing Van der Vaart from Hamburg, but who are our reaslistic creative mf options?

What is our creative mf solution...

I can fantasize about Nasri (Marseilles €25m) or the rehabilitation of Riquelme at SJP or stealing Van der Vaart from Hamburg, but who are our reaslistic creative mf options?

Scott Parker, didn't you know!?!

Arteta? Probably unattainable too, though.

Not a bad shout actually...Would come down to the price or maybe some kind of exchange plus cash. I would have Arteta. blueyes.gif

Guest given take

if emre was at everton he would do as good if not better than job than arteta becuase they have a manager who knows where a player is supposed to play.  the day emre leaves toon is the day that proves we have no ambition

Guest Alan Shearer 9

this is the problem with england too; no creative midfielder. We have one slightly creative midfielder in Emre, we could do with someone better in that position tbh. Truth is we won't get anyone to fill it (probably). I can't think of anyone we'd realistically go for either

no creative midfielder as cheap as emre IMO.... as we know souness is one of the reason he come here... steve sidwell just like parker actually... for arteta = no way we'll get him less than 10 M... he is the best performer at premiership at the moment

Would love Nasri. Such a promising talent.

Price on head €25m though Melan my dear. :(

Mini Zizou. blueyes.gif

Indeed. I follow the exploits of the aforementioned's club quite a lot (coincidentely I'm actually wearing a Marseille shirt as I write this) and he's just getting better and better. Hopefully L'OM can keep him as with Ribery, Niang, Taiwo, Civelli etc but I reckon Nasri will be off to Barca or the like in the summer.

Never heard of this Nasri fella.

Whats happened to that French kid at Milan, Gourchoff or something? Any good?

Only started 5 games for them and his only goal was in his CL debut for AC, but by all accounts he's definitely one for the future there.

Never heard of this Nasri fella.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=458079&CPID=24&clid=144&lid=554&title=Cisse+tips+Nasri+to+shine

Marseille striker Djibril Cisse believes that team-mate Samir Masri could be the future of French football.

The pair are currently playing together at both club and country level and Cisse, currently on loan from Premiership side Liverpool, and has hailed his fellow Frenchman after the 19-year-old made his international debut in mid-week.

"Samir is full of talent," Cisse told AFP.

"He is a very respectful guy and sometimes I hear bad things about him, but I can tell you that he respects people.

"He deserves what is happening ot him, but he is not surprised.

"I can see him every day at training, I know his qualities, so his performances have not astonished me.

"I am sure he can do more.""

If we lose Emre we're in trouble as I don't think we will find a replacement while still buying a whole new defence. A lot of people think he's overrated by our fans, but I actually think he's underrated. I think we've really missed him at times and some of our best football this season has been when he's been in the side.

If we get a new manager in hopefully he'll have the sense to keep Emre, and hopefully he will stay. But if Roeder stays I don't see a future for him here. The fact he didn't play at all yesterday said a lot.

This Nasri name is really familiar. I'm sure this was the fella who was linked to a loan move to City back last summer. 25 million euros...jeebus...looks like we missed the boat there...its Luis Figo all over again?

And is your new AM not going to be Dyer? Return of Owen pushes him away from the forward line, and the holes in your defense is going to lead to a hole in the transfer budget....seems the likely solution to me...?

This Nasri name is really familiar. I'm sure this was the fella who was linked to a loan move to City back last summer. 25 million euros...jeebus...looks like we missed the boat there...its Luis Figo all over again?

And is your new AM not going to be Dyer? Return of Owen pushes him away from the forward line, and the holes in your defense is going to lead to a hole in the transfer budget....seems the likely solution to me...?

When Dyer plays in the centre of midfield he has a tendancy to leave huge gaps and we can become overrun.

Not many would agree with me but I've always felt Dyer on the right wing is best for the team.

I think Emre is going to be harder to replace than people realise.

Arteta wouldn't go to Newcastle.

If he leaves us it will only be for a Spanish club in the Champions League and would cost about £15m.

I think he'll be with us another couple of years yet.

Arteta wouldn't go to Newcastle.

If he leaves us it will only be for a Spanish club in the Champions League and would cost about £15m.

I think he'll be with us another couple of years yet.

I respect your opinion. But I don't think Arteta is a £15m player tbh.

Guest eyeball_tickler

jason koumas from WBA. recently named best player outside the prem league and if WBA dont come up, he'd be cheap. not a long term solution but he'd do better than anyone we're likely to get.