If Emre leaves in the summer.

Parky

Guest given take

people only see arteta on MOTD. you see few goals and nice touches. have we really seen enough of him??  other fans see the same with scott parker, edited to make him loook decent when really its covering up what a load of crap he really is

This Nasri name is really familiar. I'm sure this was the fella who was linked to a loan move to City back last summer. 25 million euros...jeebus...looks like we missed the boat there...its Luis Figo all over again?

And is your new AM not going to be Dyer? Return of Owen pushes him away from the forward line, and the holes in your defense is going to lead to a hole in the transfer budget....seems the likely solution to me...?

When Dyer plays in the centre of midfield he has a tendancy to leave huge gaps and we can become overrun.

Not many would agree with me but I've always felt Dyer on the right wing is best for the team.

I think Emre is going to be harder to replace than people realise.

Ya I see what you mean, I'm not saying that Dyer in the middle is the best thing possible - I just think that is what will happen given how much money is likely to be available and how much needs spending on the defense. I just don't think chucking millions at Barton or Arteta or Nasri or anyone is feasable unless you want to see a whole lot more of Stephen Carr.

Arteta wouldn't go to Newcastle.

If he leaves us it will only be for a Spanish club in the Champions League and would cost about £15m.

I think he'll be with us another couple of years yet.

I respect your opinion. But I don't think Arteta is a £15m player tbh.

I think he's worth about £10m but you don't sell your best players for a fair price

Arteta is a class act, at the time thought we should go for him before we ended up with Parker. Without Emre we will be devoid of creativity, and I really struggle to think of anyone who could do a job for us there.

I like Nasri and Sneijder. Arteta is quality, too.

Yaya Toure-  Brilliant for Monaco this season. I didn't believe Kolo Toure when he said that his brother is more talented than him. But now I do.

Looking at the options and the prices, Emre will leave a huge hole with the options and creative play he gives us. I concede that in some games his passing is off and his corners are shite...But when he gets on the ball the first thing that happens is that the opp drop off 10 yards...Always a sign of respect. blueyes.gif

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

A bit off topic but anyone know why Emre didnt play against Man City? Roeder complaint about how hard it is to open a defense and then he leaves our most creative player out of the team....dont get it :(

A bit off topic but anyone know why Emre didnt play against Man City? Roeder complaint about how hard it is to open a defense and then he leaves our most creative player out of the team....dont get it :(

Neither does he.

Guest eyeball_tickler

probably this....

Emre Belozoglu admits his fight to clear his name against charges of racism left him unable to focus on football.

The Newcastle United midfielder had been accused of racial abuse towards Everton defender Joseph Yobo in December.

He was later cleared of the charge by The Football Association, but the Turkey international concedes it was a traumatic period.

"It has been a very difficult time for me and I thank God that it is over," Emre told the News of the World.

"It was just a discussion on the field and what's important is that the player who had the conversation with me never had a problem or said anything about it.

"There were two team-mates of his who did and therefore I had a terrible six-week period.

"If Yobo had confirmed that I said anything like I was being accused of then, yes, I would be guilty, but he never did.

"I haven't been able to focus on football. It has been a nightmare for me.

"Some nights I could not even close my eyes to sleep. That's why I wasn't in the right frame of mind to play lately.

"Now I just want to get back to playing football and giving my all for Newcastle on the field."

if emre was at everton he would do as good if not better than job than arteta becuase they have a manager who knows where a player is supposed to play.  the day emre leaves toon is the day that proves we have no ambition

what planet are you 

if emre was at everton he would do as good if not better than job than arteta becuase they have a manager who knows where a player is supposed to play.  the day emre leaves toon is the day that proves we have no ambition

so are you assuming that emre would be welcomed with open arms at everton 

Ya I see what you mean, I'm not saying that Dyer in the middle is the best thing possible - I just think that is what will happen given how much money is likely to be available and how much needs spending on the defense. I just don't think chucking millions at Barton or Arteta or Nasri or anyone is feasable unless you want to see a whole lot more of Stephen Carr.

I agree with you and I think that's exactly why a club in our position can't afford to sell Emre.

We have enough problems on our hands buying a bunch of defenders in time for next season let alone having to fork out to replace one of our best players who would likely be sold at cut price given all that's happened. We can't afford to keep doing this.

Guest given take

if emre was at everton he would do as good if not better than job than arteta becuase they have a manager who knows where a player is supposed to play.   the day emre leaves toon is the day that proves we have no ambition

what planet are you 

if emre was at everton he would do as good if not better than job than arteta becuase they have a manager who knows where a player is supposed to play.   the day emre leaves toon is the day that proves we have no ambition

uranus and no.

emre is better than arteta full stop.  put emre in a good team and he will shine like at inter. and dont say he hardly played. he started at least 50% of games. and for inter thats great. look now, inter never play the same 11 twice. even now viera has only played 50% of games for them.

i put it to you, that if steven gerrard or paul scholes were in this team they wouldnt  produce 50% of what they can do for there current teams becuase your only good as the players you play with. and most of our players are crap.

what planet are you 

uranus and no.

emre is better than arteta full stop.  put emre in a good team and he will shine like at inter. and dont say he hardly played. he started at least 50% of games. and for inter thats great. look now, inter never play the same 11 twice. even now viera has only played 50% of games for them.

i put it to you, that if steven gerrard or paul scholes were in this team they wouldnt  produce 50% of what they can do for there current teams becuase your only good as the players you play with. and most of our players are crap.

I don't think anybody in their right minds doubts Emre is a very good player and as we see going down this thread won't be easy to replace.

The management need to seriously consider the best way of keeping him and utilising him.

what planet are you 

uranus and no.

How is Emre indisputably better than Arteta? I'd be interested to hear your reasoning because I think most people would have it the other way round.

Emre is being totally overrated, but people value his play more when its compared to dross like Parker.

Arteta is a mint player, i'd take him every time. That Fernandes fella at Everton looks canny too

I think Emre is a more naturally gifted player, but injuries, being in and out the team and then race charges haven't helped him. You get the feeling he'll leave us and carry on where he left off at Inter, playing good football for a good team somewhere other than us.

I think Arteta has had a more settled time in a more settled team and has shown more consistency.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

emre isn't creative enough imo although my expectations are probably too high. His set pieces are generally shit though which is very frustrating

Emre shouldn't be taking set-pieces but it seems the manager hasn't noticed this. I've been surprised that Solano has hardly taken any this season considering he was one of our main set-piece takers for years. When he has they haven't been great but I still have more faith in him than the rest. Milner looks alright for free-kicks in shooting positions though.

Despite popular opinion Emre gives us something we normally do not have. If we get rid of him we are robbing ourselves of the ability to play actual footie on the ground with movement as opposed to hoofing it up. We are not Bolton... let's not pretend.

We can not replace him cheaply, and with the current disfunctionality with our transfers getting rid of Emre is just one step closer to relegation IMO.

Despite popular opinion Emre gives us something we normally do not have. If we get rid of him we are robbing ourselves of the ability to play actual footie on the ground with movement as opposed to hoofing it up. We are not Bolton... let's not pretend.

We can not replace him cheaply, and with the current disfunctionality with our transfers getting rid of Emre is just one step closer to relegation IMO.

Well this is the thing Cali. Over the last few weeks and everything that has been happenning with Emre, I got the feeling that people had given up on him. Also there must have been times the player himself had thought about getting out. Looking at the market for creative midfielders it didn't take long to realise what a bargain we had in him and that replacing him wouid be expensive.

Emre shouldn't be taking set-pieces but it seems the manager hasn't noticed this. I've been surprised that Solano has hardly taken any this season considering he was one of our main set-piece takers for years. When he has they haven't been great but I still have more faith in him than the rest. Milner looks alright for free-kicks in shooting positions though.

Agree on the free kicks. Mind you, Solano's corners were absolutely awful on Saturday. The only good ball into the box from corner-ish positions was that enormous throw from Gooch.

Guest Leftfoot

How about getting Nuri Sahin from Dortmund? He is a huge talent and would probably not be very expensive if Dortmund get relegated.