Despite...

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

...our manager, who is shit. I bet we would be in a far superior position if we had signed the 'past it' Campbell, and Jonny Woodgate.

For the combined cost of, nowt. O0 O0

How do we know all the obvious decisions, whilst the 'management' seemingly walk around blindfolded, ignoring us.

Whoever thought we could last the season with Bramble, Taylor, Moore, Babayaro and Carr. Thats right....

NOBODY!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Protsmouth are two places above us having played one game more

Boro are one place below us

so you reckon a crock and fruit loop would do what exaclty?

Divvnt worry mate, we've got sibbers.  ???

I'd rather play Luque then that useless cunt.

[100 pages]

Seriously though, I'd rather give Luque a chance then play Sibierski anymore.

Protsmouth are two places above us having played one game more

Boro are one place below us

Given the option of going into this season having signed Woodgate and Campbell (all things considered) or not and going with what we have, which would you pick?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Divvnt worry mate, we've got sibbers.   ???

I'd rather play Luque then that useless cunt.

[100 pages]

Seriously though, I'd rather give Luque a chance then play Sibierski anymore.

does it really matter any more?

why risk injuring Luque and never getting shot of him? and please don't say we could get relegated, that's plain shite

...our manager, who is shit. I bet we would be in a far superior position if we had signed the 'past it' Campbell, and Jonny Woodgate.

For the combined cost of, nowt. O0 O0

How do we know all the obvious decisions, whilst the 'management' seemingly walk around blindfolded, ignoring us.

Whoever thought we could last the season with Bramble, Taylor, Moore, Babayaro and Carr. Thats right....

NOBODY!

Not defending him here, but what if the players you mentioned didn't want to play for us?  You could also throw in Trabelsi and Ball and we could have had a new back four for virtually fuck all. Hindsight eh?  :-X

Improve our defence massively? Mean we start the season with 8 defenders instead of 6?

Why did we turn down two top class "crocks" yet kept Craig Moore on?! These questions were all asked at the time, and have never been answered.

Woodgate is such a crock he's missed about 2 games all season...

As I argued at the time, Real Madrid are not the sort of club to keep a player if they think he will never get past his injuries. They cancelled Figo's contract because he fell out with their manager, they're the most ruthless club in football. They'd have got shot of Woody instantly if they thought he was no use to them. That they kept him into a third season through three different managers was a show of faith.

Of course both he and Campbell were a gamble for Boro and Pompey. But we took the biggest gamble of all, we didn't buy anyone and relied on kids as backup. And Roeder says he didn't think Huntington or Edgar would be needed this season. What on earth was he thinking - 6 defenders to get us through 4 competitions and 9 months of football?

When all the dust has settled he will look back on that as his biggest f*ck up and I think it cost us more points than anything else this season.

Woodgate is such a crock he's missed about 2 games all season...

As I argued at the time, Real Madrid are not the sort of club to keep a player if they think he will never get past his injuries. They cancelled Figo's contract because he fell out with their manager, they're the most ruthless club in football. They'd have got shot of Woody instantly if they thought he was no use to them. That they kept him into a third season through three different managers was a show of faith.

Of course both he and Campbell were a gamble for Boro and Pompey. But we took the biggest gamble of all, we didn't buy anyone and relied on kids as backup. And Roeder says he didn't think Huntington or Edgar would be needed this season. What on earth was he thinking - 6 defenders to get us through 4 competitions and 9 months of football?

When all the dust has settled he will look back on that as his biggest f*ck up and I think it cost us more points than anything else this season.

I'm not sure that Roeder will look back on anything as a mistake, I'm sure he thinks everything he does is right.

I still maintain selling Woody was a mistake, even though he didnt play for practically 2 years after leaving.

We blew the 13million, theres no two ways about it. Boumsong, Faye, Babayaro, all dreadful buys, and the little weve recouped, weve blown on Duff.

And now, we have pratically no chance of getting a centreback anywhere near as good as Woodgate. Hes world class, or at the very very least, almost world class. Waiting a few years for him to get fit would have been worth the wait.

Instead, we have nothing. Neither a good defender, nor money in the bank. Nothing.

What a waste.

I still maintain selling Woody was a mistake, even though he didnt play for practically 2 years after leaving.

We blew the 13million, theres no two ways about it. Boumsong, Faye, Babayaro, all dreadful buys, and the little weve recouped, weve blown on Duff.

And now, we have pratically no chance of getting a centreback anywhere near as good as Woodgate. Hes world class, or at the very very least, almost world class. Waiting a few years for him to get fit would have been worth the wait.

Instead, we have nothing. Neither a good defender, nor money in the bank. Nothing.

What a waste.

Selling Woodgate was the right thing to do, squandering the money from his sale was bordering on criminal.

What a waste.

Selling Woodgate was the right thing to do, squandering the money from his sale was bordering on criminal.

It was the right thing to do only if we had a replacement of similar quality lined up. We didnt.

Ultimately, the sale has proven to be a pointless one - we're the ones who have lost out. We havent had a decent centreback during the time hes been crocked for Madrid, and we still dont have one whilst hes played practically most of the season and been a rock for a shiite team. We dont have the money either.

It was the right thing to do only if we had a replacement of similar quality lined up. We didnt.

Ultimately, the sale has proven to be a pointless one - we're the ones who have lost out. We havent had a decent centreback during the time hes been crocked for Madrid, and we still dont have one whilst hes played practically most of the season and been a rock for a shiite team. We dont have the money either.

I wouldn't disagree with you other than that the sale was the right thing to do, what happened after it is where we went wrong.  Having said that, the sale was down to luck because I doubt we knew how long he was going to be out of action for.