Jenas.

Crumpy Gunt

I still think he's a pretty shit player. Not anywhere near the level of shitness we saw, but he's still so lazy and sloppy.

He (or his agent!) spotted the rot starting when Robson left

Guest TheOrder

I still think he's a pretty s*** player. Not anywhere near the level of shitness we saw, but he's still so lazy and sloppy.

He (or his agent!) spotted the rot starting when Robson left

Aye, he's nowt special.

If I had no love for the club, I'd be off when Bobby was replaced by Souness. Faster than fucking Oba Martins.

I thought his 'goal' summed him up to be honest. He was obviously standing a good few yards offside with his team in possension and didn't bother his arse getting back on. he's a lazy posing bastard and probably the most overrated player I''ve ever seen for us. The fact that we made money on him is a miracle in my opinion.

But aye, he did well to get out when he did, for a better run, better managed club which plays far more attractive football. Im sure the trainings better too.

he's a lazy posing bastard and probably the most overrated player I''ve ever seen for us.

You see, I'd be thinking there were other contenders for that particular crown.

he's a lazy posing bastard and probably the most overrated player I''ve ever seen for us.

Aye, thank god we've seperated him and Dyer. What a couple of tossers

Gave us half a good season, and £4m profit (if what I've read is to be believed). Also never said anything out of order about the club afaik (Goldfish comments were made by Souness, never by him). Amazes me how much some people hate him.

Think it was a mistake selling him to be honest. Looks far more creative than the likes of Parker, Butt, Emre and Solano have this year.

If we hadn't sold Jenas and Bellamy I don't think we would be having the sort of problems we are now.

he's a lazy posing b****** and probably the most overrated player I''ve ever seen for us.

Aye im not saying he's the worst player we've had or anything, but apart from his first season and a half he was very poor for us, but his reputation continued to grow, probably because of his age and his inexplicable inclusion in every England squad. Thats what sets him apart.

every other overrated player we get comes with a good reputation, and leaves with a shit one. Luque, Boumsong etc... His steadily improved despite woeful performances. So thats why I think he deserves the most overrated crown!

Perfect timing. Tbh he isn't that bad a player, the Souness season aside he's been a regular in teams that have finished in the top 5. Still seems like a poser though.

Remember when we first signed Parker and people where saying how much better he was than Jenas? Do people still think that? Too me they are simiraly average with Parker having more fighting spirit and Jenas pace/positioning.

I don't think he was ever as bad as he was made out to be, he just became the scapegoat because Bobby gave him favourable treatment and played him all the time even when he hit dodgy form.

Then Speed was sold behind Bobby's back and Jenas never had a regular partner after that. Let's face it we were disappointed at finishing 5th that season with Jenas a regular in the side. I think he'd walk into our team right now to be honest.

I think the price was fair. We got a decent fee, a bit of a profit, but Spurs weren't ripped off either. I think it affected us in the sense we removed a regular from the side, a decent player who never got injured and gave us consistent if unspectacular performances. On top of losing Speed the year before, Shearer's decline, the Bellamy row, losing Woodgate and then Dyer going AWOL for most of the next two seasons the heart of Bobby's team was ripped out and the replacements (both playing and management) just haven't been up to standard since. The only solution is a good manager and a bit of patience.

I still think Parkers a better player than Jenas, and I think selling Jenas and buying Parker for less was good business, although Im sure others on here will disagree.

Parker has got the ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate a midfield, something Jenas never did. perfect examples are Arsenal last season, and I thought he was excellent against Liverpool a few months ago. He was superb for us last season and at the start of this one untill he broke Jimmy Bullard's leg, and people saying his absence from the team last season was the reason for our improved form is bollocks imo - surely it was because of the sacking of Souness around the same time.

I think its clear Parker has suffered from having to play next to another defensive player in Butt or a ineffective Emre, and not really knowing what his role is - something that is down to the management.

He's been poor at times this season, but he hasn't been as consistently poor as Jenas was. I think playing in a largely unsuccesful team and having the captaincy have caused people to notice his faults far more than they ever noticed JJ's.

I still think Parkers a better player than Jenas, and I think selling Jenas and buying Parker for less was good business, although Im sure others on here will disagree.

Parker has got the ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate a midfield, something Jenas never did. perfect examples are Arsenal last season, and I thought he was excellent against Liverpool a few months ago. He was superb for us last season and at the start of this one untill he broke Jimmy Bullard's leg, and people saying his absence from the team last season was the reason for our improved form is bollocks imo - surely it was because of the sacking of Souness around the same time.

I think its clear Parker has suffered from having to play next to another defensive player in Butt or a ineffective Emre, and not really knowing what his role is - something that is down to the management.

He's been poor at times this season, but he hasn't been as consistently poor as Jenas was. I think playing in a largely unsuccesful team and having the captaincy have caused people to notice his faults far more than they ever noticed JJ's.

Parker couldn't dominate a kids match.

he's in good form, Jenas, but watching spurs's match last night, there were big gaps in their midfield. Jenas and Zokora play a similar game and both like to go forward. pretty to watch at times but defensively they're almost as bad as us methinks.

anyway, the Jenas deal was fair to both clubs, and i think Jenas went about it the right way to get out of our club without causing any disruption and we made a good profit after a few years service from him. it's rare we make money out of any transfer deals. when you think Viana cost us 8.5m with almost nothing back, boumsong 5m loss, etc etc - so why do we hate Jenas? Souness wanted to make him a midfield destroyer (yeah, right) which was out of his character (remember the arsenal opening match last season), he asked to go and he left giving us a few mill profit, so i have no qualms about this guy.

Jenas is just a nothing footballer, very much in the same way as Parker imo. JJ is quick and loves himself, thats about the only difference.

Neither of them make much impact going forward or at the back imo.

Guest stanjames

jenas has been great for us at spurs... and jol rates him very high, i admit that he was poor at newcastle (except the 1st season) but he has been very good for us.

Parker couldn't dominate a kids match.

Disappointing HTL. Made a lot of good and valid points about Parker and his role in the team etc., ends up making NM-esque childish comments which have no basis in anything to try and provoke a reaction. I thought more of you....