The "bets on when Roeder will be sacked" thread

Guest smoggeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest smoggeordie

I'll give you:

Sheff U:  4/1

Arsenal:  2/1 FAV

Pompey 4/1

Chelsea: 100/30

Reading: 9/2

Blackburn: 5/1

Watford: 5/1

Close Season: 3/1

Next season: 15/1

Not in the forseeable future: infinity/1

Odds courtesy of NORAL: Nicks organisition (of) rudely alarming lunatics.

after...Sheff U  0 (0%)

Arsenal  0 (0%)

Pompey  0 (0%)

Chelsea  0 (0%)

Reading  0 (0%)

Blackburn  0 (0%)

Watford (straight after)  0 (0%)

Close season  0 (0%)

Next season  4 (100%)

Not in the forseeable future  0 (0%)

Total Voters: 4

Shepherd is too predictable. mackems.gif

after...Sheff U  0 (0%)

Arsenal  0 (0%)

Pompey  0 (0%)

Chelsea  0 (0%)

Reading  0 (0%)

Blackburn  0 (0%)

Watford (straight after)  0 (0%)

Close season  0 (0%)

Next season  4 (100%)

Not in the forseeable future  0 (0%)

Total Voters: 4

Shepherd is too predictable. mackems.gif

And because of that we can be fairly sure than Roeder will go and will probably be replaced with somebody who is just as bad as him.

Hmmm. Decent UEFA cup run, and if the luck goes his way in the remaining games, a not-too-terrible Premiership finish. Not sackably bad, anyway.

I think you may sadly be stuck with him for longer. FWIW, I don't think sacking him between now and the end of the season is going to help.

I'll give you:

No odds for Pompey (which was my vote)?

The logic being that a loss to Sheffield Utd would probably be too soon for Shepherd, no one expects us to get anything from Arsenal, but losing to Pompey would put us in serious trouble. Especially if we fail to score in those three games (which is a very real possibility)

But I fear the majority are correct, that we will have to wait until next season...

Guest smoggeordie

I'll give you:

No odds for Pompey (which was my vote)?

The logic being that a loss to Sheffield Utd would probably be too soon for Shepherd, no one expects us to get anything from Arsenal, but losing to Pompey would put us in serious trouble. Especially if we fail to score in those three games (which is a very real possibility)

But I fear the majority are correct, that we will have to wait until next season...

Whoops. Missed them. Nicks special odds tonight 4/1 with a free £1 bet if you spend a fiver on my coupon ;)

It matters not really (when it comes to gambling anyway) - 15/1 for next season is "must-take" odds and unless the bookies know something we don't then they're going to get raped!!!

EDIT: Just realised who the Bookmaker "Nick" is ;) Point still stands though - unless you do know something we don't? :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Roeder signed a short contract purposely because he didnt want to hamstring the club with a compo payment if the worst happened, he reckoned 2 years was enough time for him to succeed (if you believe Roeder, personally I hope that came from FF himself)

With that in mind, an accepting the sensible non lunatic view that we are not getting relegated this year, I would be abso-fucking lutely amazed if Roeder doesn't get to reach the end of his contract, and quielty slip away if we aren't top 8

in fact I half see him being retained in some other capacity if it came to him leaving, sentimental as FF can be for former Toon heroes

To be fair i wouldn't mind Roeder getting his old job back at the academy. Be was doing a good job by all accounts and we've seen some of his players from the academy this season in the first team do well which wasn't expected.

To be fair i wouldn't mind Roeder getting his old job back at the academy. Be was doing a good job by all accounts and we've seen some of his players from the academy this season in the first team do well which wasn't expected.

And Joyce has done what wrong exactly?

There is very little benifit keeping at the club a sacked manager who few of us have any faith in, nor would I think he would be particularly comfortable with it either. Not back at the Academy, and certainly not as a DOF.

I'll go for the day after our eighth game into next season, whatever date that is.

There's a bit in the paper today with Shepherd saying this season isn't a failure as we went 'so far' in Europe...

Guest Invicta_Toon

he'll last till the end of his contract

wtf does anyone think anything different? It's not rocket science