I love Newcastle

Guest Goashem

Guest Goashem

I love believing every season that this is the one, this is when we're finally going to win a cup. I love that I get disappointed time and time again but I never lose hope. I love that I worry so much about a team that never fucking wins. I love that our management will spend ridiculous sums of money on a big name just to please the stupid drunk fans. I love that Alan Shearer is our hero. I love that I will never love another like this. I love this club.  :smitten:

howay the lads  :clap:

i agree... supporting newcastle is a rollercoaster ride... that seems to have too many loops... i do believe that roeder is targeting the correct players to take this club forward...however his management skills through tactics and selections are simply not of a premiership standard. That is why i believe for the rollercoaster ride that is newcastle to remain high in the sky and travel through less drops.. Roeder MUST become director of football.. let him oversee scouting, the youth academy.. etc. While an expert manager in tactics such as a Hiddink or a Van Gaal can get this club playing proper football utilising all the players strength in a formation that covers their weakness's. A good team does not only consist of star players but good team work. Take a look at Australia in the world cup.. a team of average players at best.. Hiddink got them extremely fit applied appropriate tactics and Australia gave the eventual world champions a massive scare.

i agree... supporting newcastle is a rollercoaster ride... that seems to have too many loops... i do believe that roeder is targeting the correct players to take this club forward...however his management skills through tactics and selections are simply not of a premiership standard. That is why i believe for the rollercoaster ride that is newcastle to remain high in the sky and travel through less drops.. Roeder MUST become director of football.. let him oversee scouting, the youth academy.. etc. While an expert manager in tactics such as a Hiddink or a Van Gaal can get this club playing proper football utilising all the players strength in a formation that covers their weakness's. A good team does not only consist of star players but good team work. Take a look at Australia in the world cup.. a team of average players at best.. Hiddink got them extremely fit applied appropriate tactics and Australia gave the eventual world champions a massive scare.

Roeder is not a DoF, he would be Newcastle's version of David Pleat, someone occupying the job without having the qualifications to do the job properly.  if Roeder is to go, he should revert back to his role in the Academy where he had some success in bringing youngsters through. 

If GR had the attributes to be a successful DoF he would have already set up his own scouting network with his own contacts.  The fact that Newcastle until recently had only one full time scout screams at me that Roeder had been neglecting an area in football which is critical to the success of a DoF.

I think the club desperately needs stability. So I think Roeder should stay for around two or three seasons, until everything settles and our team builds. Then we can sack him and get a class manager.

Freddy Shepperd should have implemented a long term plan a long time ago..... I think Roeder has the right ideas/ideals but is incapable of carrying them out. He also seems to lack the iron needed to stand up to shepperd.

Another new manager would throw us back into turmoil or would instill a new confidence within the players?? I really don't know?

Obviously Van Gaal or Hiddink would be a huge leap in terms of management credentials and realistically would be too good to turn down... But with the fat pie munching cretin at the helm I doubt that these possibilities will ever materialise!

I think the club desperately needs stability. So I think Roeder should stay for around two or three seasons, until everything settles and our team builds. Then we can sack him and get a class manager.

The thought of Roeder staying for 2-3 seasons actually almost infuriates me. I agree that we need stability but I dont think a stable shit manager is really going to be good for us. I have been in the "lets give him a chance" camp most of the season (up until the 2nd Alkmaar match), but I now think he should go. I think we should get rid of him the moment we become safe (which will probably be after the last game of the season), that way any new manager will have time to build a relationship with the players and plan his spending for the summer.

Are you on glue?

Are you on glue?

:laugh:

Are you on glue?

haha

;D ;D

Guest Invicta_Toon

Otmar Hitzfeld for Newcastle United.

Not heard of him before...is he any good?

Hitzfeld is manager of Bayern Munich...

2 times win Champions League(Borusia Dortmund and Bayern Munich)...

doesn't sound like a very good manager

I don't think he'd be suited to NUFC

Guest smoggeordie

But is he proven in England like Roeder is?

But is he proven in England like Roeder is?

You'll find it hard to come across any manager who is proven in England the way Roeder is.  Not many fail 3 times and then get appointed to one of the top 8 managerial jobs in world football.