3 Newcastle players you loved

Guest andynufc84

Guest andynufc84

Its probably been done.

But following the 3 players you hate thread, who are the 3 toon players who you loved when they were at Newcastle?

Mine are:

1, Les Ferdinand - Has to be my favourite Newcastle player of all time, absolute brilliant striker and top bloke as well. Didn't want

to leave the club. I remeber his debut V Coventry city. Its was a scorching hot day, Ferdinand scored and we hammered them 3-0. Just

one of those games that sticks in your mind. F****** brilliant.

2, Rob Lee - The most underatted footballer in English football when he played. 10 years of fantastic service, complete midfield player. Could score, could pass, could create, could tackle. Proper gentleman and footballer. Got stripped of a squad number by Gullit and got treat like s***. What did he do? Came back into the side under Bobby even stronger, didn't whinge, didn't complain. Rob you are a f****** legend. Would have put a lot of our current midfielders to shame.

3, Alan Shearer - Has to be in there for me. I know he had his critics and people stated he became 'bigger than the club' sometimes. But his goals record speaks for itself. Great servant for NUFC, as true toon fans all know.

1. Rob Lee - for all the reasons andynufc84 said...

2. Lee Clark (the first coming) - loved his youthful flair and exuberance, absolutely loved him. Plus the t-shirt he wore when he was playing for the Mackems! :lol:

3. Obafemi Martins - yes, I know he's not the new Shearer, or Rooney, but I love him for the same reasons I loved Clark - youthful exuberance and flair, utterly unpredictable and occasionally unplayable. Plus he's about the only current player I have any affection for...

Beardsley

Andy Cole

Laurent Robert

Sorry about the last one guys but it's true. Those free kicks were something special and I always thought he could change the game at any time. i still have 32 on all my shirts, even though Huntinton has it now.

Obviously I've missed out players like Cole, Sir Les and Shearer - all of whom gave more to the club than Tino or Daveeed did - and I do love these players as well, but when the question was posed it made me think of breathtaking moments of skill and audacity, the things that - to me at least - make football really exciting.

Tough one this, but I'll go for:

Beardsley

Shearer

Asprilla

Asprilla's in there largely for the hat-trick v Barca, absolutely sensational.

Big Les and Rob Lee just miss out. I almost forgot how good Rob Lee was until I dug out 'The Complete Story' and 'So Close' on video a few weeks ago, just an all round class player.

Acuna and Batty are good shouts; not in my top 3 but I certainly had a huge amount of affection for both of them. The memory of Bernard has been somewhat tarnished for me, sadly.

acuna makes my list as well - loved his attitude

him aside shearer and speed!

nice to see a shout for speed, good servant especially considering he was slated when he first came here. good pro

Guest NSMagpie

Les Ferdinand

Peter Beardsley

Alan Shearer

Didn't make it into top 3, but I also loved them:

David Ginola

Phillip Albert

Shay Given (well, he's still here, but since he's been here for decade, somehow deserves to be mentioned)