3 Newcastle players you loved

Guest andynufc84

1.Shearer - God

2.Rob Lee - Definitely one of the most underrated midfielders to have played in the Premiership. At his peak he scored an excellent amount of goals for a midfielder and he could pass with both feet, had a great work rate, good vision. He had the lot really.

3.Ferdinand - I love the man tbh. Top player and top bloke.

Honourable mentions:

Beardsley

Woodgate

Solano

Speed

Guest Kenton Magpie

Shearer - A country mile above anyone else

Robert - Knew how to turn a gave with his deadly free kicks despite the fact he was canny lazy.

Woodgate - No defender in my 18years of following the toon has came close to matching that lads standards on the field

And i also loved...

Speed

Barton

Lee

Sir Les

Dabizas

1. Alan Shearer. Of my time supporting Newcastle United, Shearer is all i have known. I was old enough only by the age of six, really, to understand the game properly - and i was six in 1997. Shearer has been my God. The ultimate goalscorer and simply one of the very, very best.

2. Nolberto Solano. Nobby is definitely one of my all-time favourites; i thought he was great right from the very off. He was just a bit different, the first ever Peruvian. I don't think there has been a more clever player in the squad for the last ten years, than Nobby Solano. And even though his legs have gone a bit, he's still doing a crucial job for us today. Love the guy. Plus - he loves the club to pieces.

3. Gary Speed. Speed was one of the key factors of our uprising under Bobby. He was a leader, one of the veterans, and he just held the team together. He'd also pop up with a goal or two - he had a great left foot and was a cracking headerer of the ball. You could see that the midfield just fell apart when Speed left - he should never have gone.

Jonathan Woodgate - handsome lad, quality footballer, generally a superb bloke.

David Ginola - wizard with the ball at his feet, was the most exciting player I'd seen when he arrived.

Les Ferdinand - what can you say? Hung like a baby elephant, as well, if Rob Lee/Alan Shearer are to be believed.

Guest Invicta_Toon

David Ginola - wizard with the ball at his feet, was the most exciting player I'd seen when he arrived.

Les Ferdinand - what can you say? Hung like a baby elephant, as well, if Rob Lee/Alan Shearer are to be believed.

:hom:

:hom:

Inside joke, sorry. I would say the Ferdinand comment was more dubious when I look back on it.

Worrying times.

Guest smoggeordie

:lol:

Guest NSMagpie

Am I mistaken if I conclude you're easily seduced with charming blokes playing football?

If there were any cheerleaders in soccer, would you consider becoming one?

:lol:

I've been waiting for fucking ages for Jon to bite at this, but the bastard hasn't.

Also, people have bloody well missed the irony in that Ginola was considered a bit of a hearthrob while he was here, especially compared to the other two mentioned. I remember my auld lady positively swooning over him back in the day. Never confused, myself. Never.

Guest NSMagpie

Also, people have bloody well missed the irony in that Ginola was considered a bit of a hearthrob while he was here, especially compared to the other two mentioned. I remember my auld lady positively swooning over him back in the day. Never confused, myself. Never.

But, why do you involve your missus, and not admit it's you yourself, and you only who is fascinated with all those "handsome", "well-hung", "heart-throb(s)" playing footie? :smitten:

There is nothing wrong with fascination with the same sex- it's not considered a disease since the early seventies in psychiatry. :thup:

IMHO, it's especially charming when you show your infatuation with former NUFC players.