3 Newcastle players you loved

Guest andynufc84

Guest borat

Shearer- obvious choice, legend

beardsley - IMO the most naturally gifted player I've seen combined with a superb workrate and professionalism.

Keegan - after being used to watching dross in the old 2nd, in came our roy of the rovers and drove the club to promotion.

edit - honourable mention to david mcreery who was always 100% commited and never hid, more of a cult figure though really.

Jonathan Woodgate - handsome lad, quality footballer, generally a superb bloke.

David Ginola - wizard with the ball at his feet, was the most exciting player I'd seen when he arrived.

Les Ferdinand - what can you say? Hung like a baby elephant, as well, if Rob Lee/Alan Shearer are to be believed.

:lol:

I've been waiting for fucking ages for Jon to bite at this, but the bastard hasn't.

I don't dislike him (although there are more than a fair share of rumours that he is a bit of a prick) I just don't think we are in the position to gamble.

Definitely one of the most comfortable defenders I have ever seen though.

Guest borat

reading back through this thread and remembering the players we've had in the past just makes it even more infuriating to watch the current crop of overpaid spineless tw@ts that shame our club.

One of the main reasons why I'll probably be ditching my season ticket after 27 years unfortunately.

Also, people have bloody well missed the irony in that Ginola was considered a bit of a hearthrob while he was here, especially compared to the other two mentioned. I remember my auld lady positively swooning over him back in the day. Never confused, myself. Never.

But, why do you involve your missus, and not admit it's you yourself, and you only who is fascinated with all those "handsome", "well-hung", "heart-throb(s)" playing footie? :smitten:

There is nothing wrong with fascination with the same sex- it's not considered a disease since the early seventies in psychiatry. :thup:

IMHO, it's especially charming when you show your infatuation with former NUFC players.

Deary me. I am a fag enabler.

Guest Knightrider

Cole, Sir Les and Shearer until I came out of my Teens, nowadays I either care not for them or simply respect and admire them and the only two players at United who I respect are Shay Given and Nobby Solano.

Beardsley, we'll never see a player like him coming out of Newcastle in a long while, if ever.

Les Fredinand, he loved the club as much as we did.

Ginola, scored the best goal I can ever remember seeing at Newcastle in the UEFA.

Guest Knightrider

Cole was a boyhood hero of mine, someone I tried to emulate on the park, Sir Les is synonymous with the best team I've ever seen grace SJP and the happiest I've ever been as a fan while Shearer was a very significant moment in our transformation not just as a club but as a City which was used to seeing its sons move away for a better life (not just its footballers) so Shearer coming hyem was very special in that sense, and of course he was the best all-round striker on the planet at the time. If I had to choose however, Cole wins hands down all the time, although no-one can touch KK himself and Wee Hughie of the magic feet.

Alan Shearer of 96 to 1/5/2004. Nuff said. Always one of my favourite players right from the start of his career. Outstanding player, had a habit of sticking it up that lot...what more can you want.

Phillipe Albert. Remember the game he scored against us twice at Maine Road when we were on the way to going down, memories mainly based on that (great) game, and that chip over Schmiechel. Quality.

Peter Beardsley, class act. Cole/Beardsley one of the best partnerships I can remember. Shite by the time he signed for City tho.

Guest Phil K

1. Al the Great *

2. Pedro Beardsley **

3. Andy Cole ***

* I remind you of the number of dickheads on these very boards adopting a "what have you done for me lately" approach with Shearer in his final season. Many at the same time waxed lyrical about Roeder as manager - which showed what little substance lay between their ears

** This despite his shameful walking over to Liverpool fans applauding them, and ignoring us at Anfield before he left to join the bin raiders.

*** This despite his singing the gloryhunter version of the song they (and Sunderland fans) nicked from us - the Cheer up Peter Reid song, against us.

I don't dislike him (although there are more than a fair share of rumours that he is a bit of a prick) I just don't think we are in the position to gamble.

Definitely one of the most comfortable defenders I have ever seen though.

There are several unpleasant rumours about him, to be sure.

Still the best centre back we have ever had.

Guest Craig1892

David Kelly - Goal against Pompey at home in 92 is all that I'll say.

Peter Beardsley - Without a doubt, the greatest footballer I have had the pleasure to watch in my 23 years watching the Mags.

Robert Lee - The best midfielder ever seen at St James.