Flamini wants Arsenal move

Delima

Assuming he is on £20k/week. 1 year -> £1.04M. 1 million for an excellent left back, excellent right back, very good defensive midfielder, we should go for him.

Skysports

Mathieu Flamini has dropped a bombshell on Arsenal after he revealed he wants to quit the club this summer.

The 23-year-old midfielder has spoken with his representatives about the prospect of buying out his contract under new Fifa regulations as he feels it is time for him to leave The Gunners.

Flamini has been with Arsenal since 2004 - when he was snapped up in controversial circumstances from Marseille.

Now, despite being a crucial squad member, Flamini admits he is ready to move on as he cannot secure a regular starting spot.

"I have reached the end of a cycle," Flamini told l'Equipe.

"I have spent three years at Arsenal and my lawyer has assured me I can leave in June. To do that I have to pay the club my last year of wages.

"My next three years will be important. I want to play and reach a new level.

"The Arsenal team is young and has qualities, but I play rarely at the moment.

"It is a difficult moment to experience and in such a situation any player asks himself some questions.

"Above all I want to go on working and improving. I want to score more goals, assist more often and finally win the Champions League."

Reports in France suggest that Flamini is keen to test himself in Italy.

If he played for another team, he'd be viewed as rubbish ;) Which is what he is. Actually that's harsh, distinctly average is fairer.

If he played for another team, he'd be viewed as rubbish ;) Which is what he is. Actually that's harsh, distinctly average is fairer.

And we're distinctly shit, so he'll fit in well. ;)

Guest elbee909

But he's from a top four side, and therefore is automatically on our list of players to buy as we defer decisions as to what makes a quality player by simply buying from top four sides rather than trusting our own scouting 'network'.

But he's from a top four side, and therefore is automatically on our list of players to buy as we defer decisions as to what makes a quality player by simply buying from top four sides rather than trusting our own scouting 'network'.

But they ALWAYS turn out to be world class - Babayaro, Parker, Duff, etc - so e can't complain.

Swap deal for N'Zogbia would be our only chance.

If he pays the last year of his wages surely it wont have anything to do with arsenal will it?

Touché.

I thought I was falling into some sort of trap there werent sure whether to post or not.

Can any player in the last year of their contract buy themselves out of the contract? Would that mean that other teams could just pay for them to get out of their contract rather than paying a larger fee to the club? Im sure its much more complicated than that but was just wondering.

Skysports

"Above all I want to go on working and improving. I want to score more goals, assist more often and finally win the Champions League."

Reports in France suggest that Flamini is keen to test himself in Italy.

Would be great to see it happen, but just can't see it myself.

For £1m, yeah i'd take him, but i doubt he'd come here, Italy would be a good place for him to go.

Never really got him as a player though, rightfully being kept out of the Arsenal team imo, but would be a welcome addition here for that price.

Any competent left back would be better than what we have now, ditto right back by the end of the season.

So of course we'd have him, but he'd never come here, he's way above us.

I think you're overrating him tbh.  He's generally solid and dependable, but not exceptional.  Comolli has said Flamini hasn't developed as expected, so maybe a change of scenery would be best for him.

Good player, would certainly be nice to pick up a player who could do a good job for us in more than one position. Wenger doesn't tend to demand too much if he deems a player surplus to requirements (e.g. Vieira, Lauren) so if that were to happen in wake of these comments he could be a very good acquisition.

Any competent left back would be better than what we have now, ditto right back by the end of the season.

So of course we'd have him, but he'd never come here, he's way above us.

I think you're overrating him tbh.  He's generally solid and dependable, but not exceptional.  Comolli has said Flamini hasn't developed as expected, so maybe a change of scenery would be best for him.

Have you seen us?? He's going to want Champions League or thereabouts, not near-relegation candidates.