Roeder's first team selection for the Sheffield United game...

KaKa

I for one am glad everyone has been passed fit today i.e. Moore and Carr because Roeder will have to make the decision of who to pick from a fully fit squad again and the pressure will be on him to get it right.

Will he learn from his mistakes? Or will he just pick all the senior players i.e. Carr, Solano, Butt and Parker just so he can keep them happy and because it is always easier to drop the youngsters.

For all his threats and big talk Roeder has only ever dropped youngsters which is easy to do and Bramble who was easy to drop because he is such a scape goat anyway.

The question is can he drop the likes of Carr, Parker, Butt, Solano or even Dyer in order to make us more effective?

We will learn a lot about the man this weekend...

He had a full team for the first time last weekend and he couldn't handle it. Will he learn from his mistake and be gutsy enough to make the right calls this time around irregardless of reputations or not?

I for one cannot wait to find out!

Guest NIToon

I doubt he will do anything different from usual - pick the senior players!!

As you say it will be a big indicator especially for the times ahead, if he remains at the club.

Who would you play/drop? (sorry if there is a thread for this)

--------------Given------------

Nobby--Taylor--Gooch--Edgar

Milner---Butt--Parker--Emre

----------Dyer-----------------

-----------------Martins---------

I'd play Gooch & Taylor at the back to give some height & strength against a rough and ready team, same with the central pairing of Parker & Butt, Nobby restored to RB as he's the only player capable, and i'd try Edgar again at LB, deserves another shot imo.

Milner on the right to link up with Nobby again as it works, and Emre on the left as he'll track back and help out Edgar no ends, also might as well have him as we have no targetman to aim for, and he maybe able to put some decent balls into Martins from there. Martins upfront with Dyer to knacker them on the counter, and keep them pinned back as they will be frightened of the pace both posses.

Given

Solano --- Taylor --- Onyewu --- Babayaro

Milner --- Emre --- Butt --- N'Zogbia

Martins --- Dyer

... I regard that as our best possible team when everybody is fit (excluding Owen and Shola). And it's available to him. Not expecting it at all, though.

Argh!

Argh!

I think Emre would do a better defensive job, especially needed to protect Edgar. Also with no target man we might as well not be crossing at all, so passing would be more effective, and Emre is again better than Zoggy & Duff in that area as well. Not his strongest position i know, but needs must.

Guest NIToon

Already a similar thread but

-------------------Given

------------Taylor------Gooch

Nobby------------------------------Baba

-------------------Butt

--Milner-------------------------Zogs

-------------------Emre

---------Dyer-------------Martins

Guest smoggeordie

-----------------Given------------

Nobby--Taylor------Edgar----Duff

Milner---Butt---------Dyer----N'Zogbia

----------Martins-------Carroll------------

If Roeder had any sense he would play a 4-3-3 with Butt as the defensive midfielder, and Emre and Parker given more freedom to move forward when they can.

Then play Duff, Martins and Dyer as the front three. Yes, yes we all know Martins isn't a target man but I believe it will work better than any of the other rubbish Roeder has been peddling especially as he insists on playing Butt and Parker.

Besides Chelsea have occassionally played the 4-3-3 with Shevchenko as the striker and Martins is 10 times better at plating that role then Sheva and as long as Emre is on the field we will not be punting it up to Martins all game even if we might still do it occasionally.

4-3-3 for me. It's about time we tried this.

I'd try this out:

----------------------Given-----------------------

Nobby------Taylor-----------Edgar-----Babayaro

Milner-------Parker---------Zoggy------Duff

-----------------------Dyer-----------------------

--------------------Martins---------------------

N'Zogbia seems to play better on the left but he's looked good on occassions in the middle and thats his favourite position so i think its worth a try anyway.

-----------------Given------------

Nobby--Taylor------Edgar----Duff

Milner---Butt---------Dyer----N'Zogbia

----------Martins-------Carroll------------

You, NSG, of all people!  :o

Guest Invicta_Toon

can close this thread now, bumped my poll, seeing as Kaka isn't allowed to start any more threads btw

Guest smoggeordie

I think Carroll would do a better job upfront than any  other options we have at the moment.

He can't stay true to what he said and drop any non-performers or he will have to play the reserve squad.. I would go with

------------------Given

---------Taylor-----------Moore

Nobby-----------------------------Baba

-----------------Parker

-----Milner-------------------Zoggy

------------------Dyer

-----------------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Gooch

Duff

Butt

Carroll

I think Carroll would do a better job upfront than any  other options we have at the moment.

Would definitely like to see more from him towards the end of the season, admittedly. Don't get me wrong - it's not as if i watch reserve or youth games - but he sounds like a class act. His goalscoring record is second to none, and he's done it at both levels now. I know, Chopra did aswell, but according to what others have said on here, it appears that he's got more Premier League qualities.

I'd like to see more from him, but not ten minute appearances here and there, because he won't gain anything from it and nor will we. Give him a start during one of the last games, when there's definitely no danger.

He'll pick the same team as Saturday.

We need fighters and drinkers for this game. blueyes.gif They're gonna try and rough us up...So we should start throwing a few punches in the tunnel as we come out. blueyes.gif

I think Roeder will play Emre. He's trying to prove himself so much at the moment, that one of Parker, Butt and Duff has to go and Emre will take a place. Hopefully Butt is the one that get's to be on the bench

Why the fuck does everyones team include Dyer? Dyer was woeful againt City. The worst on the park in my view yet here we are 3 days later suggesting he plays v Sheff U.

Your as thick as the cunt in charge if you think persisting with that little shite is worth it.

Why the f*** does everyones team include Dyer? Dyer was woeful againt City. The worst on the park in my view yet here we are 3 days later suggesting he plays v Sheff U.

Your as thick as the c*** in charge if you think persisting with that little s**** is worth it.

Everyone one was shaye against City, and still so far this season our best fromt 2 has been Martins +  Dyer!! There is no getting away from it, it may not be the best strike force but it is our best option..

He can't stay true to what he said and drop any non-performers or he will have to play the reserve squad.. I would go with

------------------Given

-----------------Parker

------------------Dyer

-----------------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Gooch

Duff

Butt

Carroll

not gonna give martins a partner then???

------------------Given

-----------------Parker

------------------Dyer

-----------------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Gooch

Duff

Butt

Carroll

not gonna give martins a partner then???

Aye Dyer will play close enough to Martins to support him..