Andy Carroll

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Many here (me included) haven't watched the lad for enough time to judge him,but from watching the results of our reserves + U-18 side it seems that he is scoring in every game he plays in,he looked promising in the 5 mins he had against Wigan,what i really like about him is his height,and the fact that he can actually use it,unlike many other players in our team,his physical strength seems to be getting better and better,I think that if we give him the proper training and concentrate on enhancing his arial abillty and his finishing,we could have one hell of a target man for the years to come..

Guest TheOrder

I don't think he can be the "next big thing", but if we had a decent man agement and coaching setup*, i think he could possibly become a valuable asset for the team.

* So no, then.

He's actually really good, I don't rate all of the academy/reserve side, i think we're carrying dead weight in most areas, but Carroll is the true bright spark.

Carroll, Lua Lua, Godsmark, and possibly Cavener. These are the lads I tip to make it 'big', whether it be at Newcastle or otherwise.

I don't think he can be the "next big thing", but if we had a decent man agement and coaching setup*, i think he could possibly become a valuable asset for the team.

* So no, then.

He's actually really good, I don't rate all of the academy/reserve side, i think we're carrying dead weight in most areas, but Carroll is the true bright spark.

Carroll, Lua Lua, Donaldson, and possibly Cavener. These are the lads I tip to make it 'big', whether it be at Newcastle or otherwise.

By valuable asset, i meant good first teamer, i just don't know if he'll be the next "bog thing" as in our star player.

I'm a waverer about LuaLua, i really am.

I'm really eager to see what Carroll is like to be honest!

I don't watch the reserves or the academy guys, but as far as the stats go, Carroll's managed to do it at both levels, and do it incredibly well. He's a big tall lad aswell, and although i reckon he could do with beefing up a bit (he looks a bit lightweight to me), he looks to have the majority of the physical traits to make it as a centre-forward in this league. And, going merely off what people on here have said about him, he evidently has the required attributes; good headerer, great strike, etc.

Of course, i cannot give an accurate assessment - but he certainly sounds promising. I honestly don't see any harm in giving him a start, at St James', towards the end of the season. Once we inevitably lose a couple more games, and hopefully win a couple more, retaining our mediocre, non-threatened status this season - there'd be absolutely no harm in chucking him in alongside Oba for a game.

Optimistic!

That's pretty tough - isn't the boy only 16? But as others have said, at that age it's more about coaching and development, and it no one would say we have the setup to groom young talent...

If we can notch up a few points to avoid relegation then I'd like to see him given a game or two before the season's out. It's one of the only benefits having nothing to play for, you can give some kids a chance. I see it as an opportunity wasted if we don't, assuming we do get ourselves clear of relegation worries.

That's pretty tough - isn't the boy only 16? But as others have said, at that age it's more about coaching and development, and it no one would say we have the setup to groom young talent...

It IS very early, although soem real, genuine talents are already knocking on the door at 16 - look at Vaughan at Everton.

Its far too early to say how he'll go, of course i just don't know if he's shown enough to hint that he will develop into a very good player. For every Wayne Rooney there are hundreds of Danny Cadematri's.

It IS very early, although soem real, genuine talents are already knocking on the door at 16 - look at Vaughan at Everton.

Vaughan is 18 I believe.

Vaughan is 18 I believe.

He was the youngest goalscorer a while back.

Guest DavB93

Chopra scored for fun in all levels but he never made, I really hope Carroll makes but we'll just have to wait and see.

Chopra scored for fun in all levels but he never made, I really hope Carroll makes but we'll just have to wait and see.

Hope are talking about another Chopra and not Michael "The new Shearer" Chopra who is the second greatest player we ever let go ever!!!!11!!

Hope are talking about another Chopra and not Michael "The new Shearer" Chopra who is the second greatest player we ever let go ever!!!!11!!

No, the other one, the one who was shit at the highest level.

You're thinking of the GOOD Chopra, the one who was GUARANTEED to be great in the premiership, and was not at all a lightweight, below par striker.

Guest Albert Ayler

Has all the potential to be the next Chopra.

Mind, I'd play him ahead of Sibierski at the present moment.

Guest Morph

I've heard Carroll is an absolute t*** like tbh!

Heard the same about Woodgate but I wouldn't mind a fully fit JW at the centre of our defence!

Aye good point like.  Nice guys finish last anarl.

i remember Mark Walton being released after scoring 50 goals for the academy and the reserves in a season, so you never know

Same goes for Lewis Guy,and maybe even Chopra,both brilliant with the reserves and U-18,yet never really given a fair chance in the first team..

Guest TheOrder

Marc Walton is/was a tosser though. Believed his own hype, started the baby-bentley thing, even in the reserves.

Vaughan is 18 I believe.

He was the youngest goalscorer a while back.

'Tis true, but I've got a feeling he's not done much since then, and has recently gone off on loan - which would indicate he's not knocking on the door. Anichebe looks a good prospect there mind, and seems to have overtaken him in the pecking order - got a feeling he's 18 too. Hopefully someone like 1878 who actually knows about this will be able to clarify for me.