Problems Streaming

Guest Geordie_krispy

Guest Geordie_krispy

I thought some of you guys might be able to help me.  I recently moved house, and went from ntl, with wireless router, to normal bt phone line, with a wireless adsl modem & router.  Since moving house i've been unable to stream anything, i mean anything, even stuff like radio 1, or the official match live stuff.  It also applies to any video streams, such as pplive or what ever the other one's called that indigo recommends.

I'm at the end of my tether, watching the bbc's webpage update every 2 minutes is driving me mad, so anyoen got any ideas how i can sort it out.  I've looked at my firewall, and it should be letting it through, but do i have to open up a certain port in my router? If so anyone know which one, for either century or match live?

Please help  :confused:

Try googling the name of your router and "Port forwarding", then have a look at the programs your using and find out which ports they use then forward those ports and see if that works.

Guest Geordie_krispy

When i try to search for my router, the us robotics 9110, it comes up with very little, if anything  :(

When i try to search for my router, the us robotics 9110, it comes up with very little, if anything  :(

Have you tried their website?

Failing that, do you have an instruction book?

Guest Geordie_krispy

the manual doesn't have anything in it, i reckon i need to open a port or 2, but i have no idea which ones :(

It depends which software you're using, for example I think TVAnts uses 16900, 16600 & 16800. The others use different ones, but you should be able to find out in the proogram somewhere.