Guest Knightrider

The use of the word legend

"Newcarssel legend John Beresford..."

"Newcarssel legend Gavin Peacock joins us in the studio..."

"Former Newcarssel legend Ian Bogie...."

ETC....

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

"He's young and can only get better"

That'll be just like Stevie Watson, Jenas, Viana etc etc all did then?

Guest BooBoo

"The Geordies Love their big European nights".

Hell, we didnt sell out against Feyenoord, Juventus, Kiev or Leverkusen when we were in the CL. I was there, mind.

Newcastle fans wanted Roeder to be manager

And all want Shearer to be next manager.

Newcastle fans want a geordie manager, geordie chairman, geordie captain and geordie tea lady, indeed the reason we've been holding off on winning something is because there's no point unless we can do it with a full set.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Hell, we didnt sell out against Feyenoord, Juventus, Kiev or Leverkusen when we were in the CL. I was there, mind.

Are you sure? can remember all nights well, from my view in SJH LV7 it looked packed to the rafters to me! might be wrong mind

Guest BooBoo

Are you sure? can remember all nights well, from my view in SJH LV7 it looked packed to the rafters to me! might be wrong mind

Feyenoord- 40, 540

Juventus- 48,370

Kiev- 40, 185

Leverkusen- 40,508

Inter- 50,108

Barcelona- 51,883

The Sun making up 'clever' nicknames and claiming that they're ours.

"Cole, known as "Wor Blackie" on Tyneside"

"Ginola, known as the 'Frog on the Tyne' to Geordies",

"Peter Ramage, or 'Peter Rampage' as the toon army have dubbed him"

Not a myth, but could quite possibly be labelled a cliche, when commentators who are clearly not from the north east pronounce "Newcastle" in the geordie style, ie Newcastle, with the emphasis on "castle" in some misguided attempt to sound hip.

I speak reasonable French but whilst speaking English, I never pronounce Paris "Paree". And in all the time I lived in newcastle, I kept the emphasis resolutely on the New, not the castle.

Guest NUFCnutter

Newcastle are everyone's second team

Bramble will get better with age - Will be be 45 before someone on the coaching staff realises he is not good enough

Don't know if anyone have mentioned this because i was/am too lazy to read the posts (heck all i read was the title)

But this one got to be in it:

"Forigen players are lazy and are only here for a paycheck,they disgrace the black and white jersy and should"

The biggest myth is that we're born to fail. Keegan all the way to Roeder for some reason have perpetuated this idea that because we're Newcastle, we're doomed to fall at the final hurdle. Fuck off.

The biggest myth is that we're born to fail. Keegan all the way to Roeder for some reason have perpetuated this idea that because we're Newcastle, we're doomed to fall at the final hurdle. f*** off.

Good shout,but i am starting to think that this is more of a fact then a myth tbh :lol: