Managers you'd realistically like us to go for

Guest Albert Ayler

Guest Albert Ayler

Aidy Boothroyd, Paul Simpson or Billy Davies for me.

Young and ambitious, used to working within a small budget, however I'd seriously doubt Shepherd would look at lower league managers and maybe the pressure that comes with job may get to them.

EDIT: Love us to go for Steve Coppell also. Terrific manager who's "let's not get carried away" approach would come in handy for a few of our bigger ego players at the club.

Guest Albert Ayler

Aidy Boothroyd is a poor manager. The only things that got him promoted were King and Young, and both will have left come the summer. Tactically he's woeful.

King is still there. Out for the season.

Aidy Boothroyd is a poor manager. The only things that got him promoted were King and Young, and both will have left come the summer. Tactically he's woeful.

King is still there. Out for the season.

He'll be gone in the summer if he has any sense though.

Guest Knightrider

Big Sam or Mark Hughes would be ideal appointments at this moment in time, I rate Boothroyd and Pardew as the best of a pretty mediocre bunch (excluding Jol and O'Neill who are out of bounds obviously) but they would be too big a risk at current. If I could pick one though it would be Big Sam, without a doubt but I agree, he won't manage this club while Shepherd is in control.

Hmm i dunno...

Would Big Sam reject us a second time? He might be a bit more tempted if we come in for him once again, offer him the typical big wages and ask him to take it or leave it. Suppose it is fairly unlikely, but personally, i think he's gone as far as he can with Bolton. And that's not degrading his managerial credentials, it's just that it's Bolton.

I'd love to see what Sam could do at a club like ours - with cash to spend.

Guest Knightrider

Hmm i dunno...

Would Big Sam reject us a second time? He might be a bit more tempted if we come in for him once again, offer him the typical big wages and ask him to take it or leave it. Suppose it is fairly unlikely, but personally, i think he's gone as far as he can with Bolton.

Doesn't get on with FS apparently, something to do with probing questions asked when first interviewed regarding his business dealings with his son, among other things.

Hmm i dunno...

Would Big Sam reject us a second time? He might be a bit more tempted if we come in for him once again, offer him the typical big wages and ask him to take it or leave it. Suppose it is fairly unlikely, but personally, i think he's gone as far as he can with Bolton. And that's not degrading his managerial credentials, it's just that it's Bolton.

I'd love to see what Sam could do at a club like ours - with cash to spend.

Third time. First time after Bobby, second time after Souey I'm sure.

Would love him here too but like HTT says, he wouldn't work under Freddy. We need new owners first.

Guest Albert Ayler
Would Big Sam reject us a second time?

Probably not no - I seriously doubt he'd be offered the job to reject.

Guest Knightrider

Steve Bruce. A true Geordie, he would bleed for the club unlike most other managers, especially the foreign ones.

With the added bonus of that all important having a feel for the area, too.

I'm truly happy with Roeder.

His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team.

Sure we probobly could have squeezed out a couple more pionts this season but overall he is rebuilding the team well. He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well and the only thing that needs to be overhauled is the defence, which can be done this summer.

Guest Albert Ayler

He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well

As our last 5 games show, he hasn't got out striking department sorted.

He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well

As our last 5 games show, he hasn't got out striking department sorted.

Take Drogba and Shevchenko away from Chelsea and I don't think they would be scoring that many either. We have spent nearly the whole season without Owen and Amoebi and I'm just amazed it's taken us this long to hit a dry patch. With Owen and Shola back we will have a very solid set of strikers for next season.