Managers you'd realistically like us to go for

Guest Albert Ayler

He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well

As our last 5 games show, he hasn't got out striking department sorted.

Take Drogba and Shevchenko away from Chelsea and I don't think they would be scoring that many either. We have spent nearly the whole season without Owen and Amoebi and I'm just amazed it's taken us this long to hit a dry patch. With Owen and Shola back we will have a very solid set of strikers for next season.

Which one is Shola then? Drogba or Shevchenko? :lol:

Guest DarkSchneider

Big Sam would be my first choice out of possibly available premiership managers.

I don't think that the fact that so many managers here were sacked will be a reason that no one would be willing to come. Take Roma for example. Last year they changed at least 3 managers and than they got Spalleti who is world class now. I think that most of them would come here from smaller clubs.

I would take anyone who is willing to make some changes. Because the situation now is very frustrating. Roeder is driving me mad. :idiot2:

I'm truly happy with Roeder.

His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team.

Sure we probobly could have squeezed out a couple more pionts this season but overall he is rebuilding the team well. He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well and the only thing that needs to be overhauled is the defence, which can be done this summer.

I was right behind him and was quite optimistic before the Man City game but he absolutely frightened the shit out of me with his team selection tbh.

Take Drogba and Shevchenko away from Chelsea and I don't think they would be scoring that many either. We have spent nearly the whole season without Owen and Amoebi and I'm just amazed it's taken us this long to hit a dry patch. With Owen and Shola back we will have a very solid set of strikers for next season.

To be fair to him he scored 8 league goals last season and had already managed 3 league goals while playing injured tihs season.

Guest Albert Ayler

Shola back we will have a very solid set of strikers for next season.

If we're relying on Shola next season as our main man, we are absoloutley fucked.

The bloke is utter gash and should have been peddled a few seasons back.

Guest Albert Ayler

Watching Southend vs. Colchester now, I won't be suprised if a club in the Premiership moves in for Jamie Cureton.

Fantastic goals today. Ripped Southampton apart aswell a few weeks back.

To be fair to him he scored 8 league goals last season and had already managed 3 league goals while playing injured tihs season.

Still nowhere near either of them. We are missing ONE of our main strikers but to include shola when comparing them missing Sheva and Drogba is mental :D

Big Sam or Mark Hughes would be ideal appointments at this moment in time, I rate Boothroyd and Pardew as the best of a pretty mediocre bunch (excluding Jol and O'Neill who are out of bounds obviously) but they would be too big a risk at current. If I could pick one though it would be Big Sam, without a doubt but I agree, he won't manage this club while Shepherd is in control.

I remember suggesting Sparky a few weeks ago and was told in no uncertain terms he was in the frame for bigger things - Man U and Chelsea, which is a bummer because I reckon he'd be a great choice. Next choice for me would be Big Sam because I admire what he's built up on and off the pitch...

But since neither of those fit into the "realistic" frame... I don't know, I like HTL's idea of Dave Jones - was doing a good job at Southampton before the messy business of false allegations... Don't know about his current record though

Shola back we will have a very solid set of strikers for next season.

If we're relying on Shola next season as our main man, we are absoloutley f*****.

The bloke is utter gash and should have been peddled a few seasons back.

I didn't say we'd be relying on him but he would have contributed significantly if he had been fit this season.

Still nowhere near either of them. We are missing ONE of our main strikers but to include shola when comparing them missing Sheva and Drogba is mental :D

Okay, maybe Drogba and Sheva may have not been the best comparison but the piont stands that we are still missing two of our best 3 strikers.

Guest Albert Ayler

van gaal. He would go anywhere if the money is right and if he has a challenge, he always buys good young players and he has an attacking mentality.

Has a canny knack of making shit players look decent. Unfortunetly he's thrown his name in the ring for the England job.

His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team.

Sure we probobly could have squeezed out a couple more pionts this season but overall he is rebuilding the team well. He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well and the only thing that needs to be overhauled is the defence, which can be done this summer.

The midfield is as bad as the defence.

"His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team."

So losing to Fulham, SU, Birmingham, Man City all at home is acceptable?

Guest Albert Ayler

"His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team."

When Roeder has players to pick from he constantly fucks up his team selections, however when they're injured and down to the bare bones he picks the right team. Clearly incapable of managing a team of Newcastle's stature.

Guest Magpiecn

I really like Klinsmann,he know how to encourge young players.Of course, if he come here,he'll attract lots of good , young players for us :laugh2:

Guest sillybilly

Its got to be Allardyce for me - he persued the England job big style, and to go back to his desk after been beaten by McClaren must have been a killer. He knows he has took Bolton as far as he can. But having said that a good Toon run til the end of the season would secure Roeder another season.

Against Fulham we went to pieces after Parker went off, what can Roeder do about that? Sheffield United was played less than 48 hours after the Palermo game.

As for the other two you are always gonna have bad games over the course of a season.

Against Fulham we went to pieces after Parker went off, what can Roeder do about that? Sheffield United was played less than 48 hours after the Palermo game.

As for the other two you are always gonna have bad games over the course of a season.

Tbh we have rode our luck for quite a few wins. Villa,Watford,Liverpool even Wigan.

Im not so worried about us going down this season but im terrified about next season if Roeder is still in charge.

How has Roeder got the midfield sorted?

We don't score any goals from there. We play two negative defensive midfielders at home to shite sides. HIS signing , Damien Duff has been toss. He thinks Parker is Steven Gerrard.

I could go on. Good job my arse

How has Roeder got the midfield sorted?

We don't score any goals from there. We play two negative defensive midfielders at home to s**** sides. HIS signing , Damien Duff has been toss. He thinks Parker is Steven Gerrard.

I could go on. Good job my arse

I wouldn't mind the two defensive midfielders if it worked but it hasn't.

We've already let in more goals than last season and we haven't had Bboumsong this year.