Over-rated retired or dead wingers

Guest Albert Ayler

Laurie Cunningham was a class player. Pains me to say it, but Big Ron's Ollbeeyun team was a good side.

He had one of the weirdest corners I can ever remember seeing.  The ball seemed to be heading for the far corner flag then suddenly drop.

Stewart Downing-no pace,poor crosser and no real trickery

Franz Carr-could have had Linford Christie doing the same job

Gary Crosby

Dave Bennett

Stan Cummins

John Chiedozie

There are millions of them FFS.

Andrei Kanchelskis

Giorgi Kinkladze

Outrageous - Andrei Kanchelskis was a fine winger, better than any NUFC right winger you could care to name in the Premier League era... (That said, his career did nose-dive sharply as he aged, but in his prime he was electric)

Peter Beagrie

Peter Beagrie??!?! Overrated?!?! Wash your keyboard out with soap young man  >:(

Giorgi Kinkladze

Kinkladze was class. Suffered from being made the focal point of the team...stop Kinkladze, stop City, which many team were more than capable of by giving the lad a proper kicking, especially in the 1st division. Wasn't a winger tho. If you're gonna expand it to all attackin midfield types - David Rocastle. Seems everyone becomes ten times better than they were after they die (Eg George Best is the 3rd best player ever), and he's been given loads of praise by all the old Arsenal boys in the media since he died...but he was a nothing player for City.

I hate Andrei Kanchelskis (Once scored a hattrick against us in the derby, the cunt) but he was a class player.

Andrei Kanchelskis

Giorgi Kinkladze

mackems.gif Take up another sport mate. Kanchelskis from 94-96 was at the same level as Cristiano Ronaldo is now.

Kinkladze was class when he first signed for City as well. I think he then got a move to Ajax who were a top class side at the time.

Spectrum- I loved Beagrie but he was infuriating. Instead of beating his man once and putting a decent cross in he would beat him 3 times then lose the ball when he attempted to skin him a fourth time. Class celebration though.