Warning to defenders everywere - Look whos back in training...

Guest Bramble OG

Guest Bramble OG

Our star man is back in training...taken from todays training session

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73826965.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934AEA4ECF4B436E77106B8C0385A295B2

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73825471.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934AEA4ECF4B436E77252979D2EA01E531

Guest Bramble OG

like this one of martins too haha

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73825464.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934AEA4ECF4B436E771DA42CE6A6E11A3D

Like it or not but we've missed him dearly this season.

I think with his hip fixed (Which should of been done last summer and the fact this club risked a lads career by not letting him have it is criminal) he could be a big player for us next season. He looked good this time last season, and considering the injury he was carrying he was getting goals, if it weren't for that he'd of outscored Martins this season, something we could of done with.

I think with his hip fixed (Which should of been done last summer and the fact this club risked a lads career by not letting him have it is criminal) he could be a big player for us next season. He looked good this time last season, and considering the injury he was carrying he was getting goals, if it weren't for that he'd of outscored Martins this season, something we could of done with.

£2m and I'd take it.

£2m and I'd take it.

Who would you replace him with, with the £2m?

Guest Bramble OG

if it weren't for that he'd of outscored Martins this season, something we could of done with.

Iam happy he's back as i think hes more effective than Sibierski but you really think he would have scored 17+ goals this season!???

Absolutely right. We're in sharp decline at the moment, and his return could be crucial to us. Despite all the sneering, no player did more to get us out of the mess we were in during the second half of last season.

if it weren't for that he'd of outscored Martins this season, something we could of done with.

Ia happy he's back as i think hes more effective than Sibierski but you really think he would have scored 17+ goals this season!???

It would be close, very close imo.

He had 5 before he had his op, which was about the end of October, so yeah, i feel he could of been an important player this season. 5 goals with a nasty injury which was clearly effecting his mobility.

so 11 less goals than Martins, 5 months less football played.

Absolutely right. We're in sharp decline at the moment, and his return could be crucial to us. Despite all the sneering, no player did more to get us out of the mess we were in during the second half of last season.

He was great after Souness left, a real threat, and i really wanted to see how he'd do stepping out of Shearer's shadow, its unlucky the timing of this lengthy injury as he was buzzing and up for proving himself, and i think he could of changed a few opinions of him by the time the season ended.

But now all were going to get is him being ripped and abused when he doesn't score at every opportunity while he tries to regain match fitness.

£2m and I'd take it.

Having two mil in the bank and getting interest on it is more valuable. Can't see in what department of the game we have missed him. The best news about Owen being back is that we will see less of Shola him being third/fourth choice.

Shola is a good Premiership striker. Never going to hit the heights required to meet the expectations of a Newcastle fan, i.e. top-4 quality players on our subs bench, but I think the majority of Premieship clubs would have a 100% fit Shola Ameobi in their first 16.

Shola and Shearer never complimented each other, and when he finally got out of his shadow, he was hit by an injury that affected his performances, yet was still scoring important goals. I'll look forward to seeing him back next season. Looking at the size of his legs, I cant see him being ready to play for some time yet.

£2m and I'd take it.

Alright £2.3.Meewoown. :smiley6600: