Need some help on Windows Media Player going cranky

alpal78

Hello guys, my WMP seems to hav egone cranky so if there are any experts out there who can help out, I'd appreciate it. I know I can post the question on a computer/software forum but nobody seems to reply on those forums

Previously when I click on any video file links, it will automatically open my WMP and play the file but now all I get is this error message:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is located on the Internet, connect to the Internet. If the file is located a removable storage card, insert the storage card."

I'm obviously connected to the net coz I'm surfing the forum and all.

I also cant seem to view video files on websites such as metacafe.com coz the file never downloads. The only files that I can view are those that I have saved on my hardisk, but I cant view those that are straight off websites.

I'm half thinking of reinstalling WMP on my computer, is that a good idea? If so where can I get the WMP software?

Appreciate any help, many thanks

Guest Snoopy

Could you not go onto the Microsoft site and download a new version of Media Player? I did that the other day and it helped all my problems :)