Season Tickets For Bairns

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Looks like I'll be getting an ST after all, the two nephews want one, how easy are they to get and is the family enclosure the best place to be for bairns, one is 8, one is 14?

If your protective over the 8 year old with things like swearing, the constant shower of shite the team serves up makes the family enclosure the best place, also by far the cheapest.

Guest Knightrider

Aye, bit sensitive about swearing and such so family enclosure it looks like, tickets are cheap anyway, or cheaper than I imagined. Cheers.

6 or 7 I reckon. Fair enough take your kid to one younger, but they're unlikely to know what's going on, and might get a bit freaked out.

Or just extremely bored, but that applies to any age group.

Off-topic but it will interest some of you, 7:40 BBC2

The Culture Show

On: BBC 2 North East (2)   

Date: Saturday 7th April 2007 (starting in 28 minutes)

Time: 19:40 to 20:30 (50 minutes long)

Arts and culture stories of the week, presented by Lauren Laverne. Frank Skinner celebrates 50 years of hell-raising with the Fall's irrepressible ringleader Mark E Smith.

Bound to be a waiting list for family enclosure?

Pretty safe where I sit in the SE corner with regards to swearing and such but you always get one or two who are a little vocal. I'm sure the same applies to the whole ground though and it is to be expected at a football match...

Guest Knightrider

Bound to be a waiting list for family enclosure?

Pretty safe where I sit in the SE corner with regards to swearing and such but you always get one or two who are a little vocal. I'm sure the same applies to the whole ground though and it is to be expected at a football match...

Aye, that's what I thought too, I don't mind the odd swearing so much, as like you said it is expected at a match and my nephews know not to do as others do in that sense, it is the mong/charver element I'm more concerned about. In the summer I had to tell someone to STFU (Gallowgate behind the goal) as some of the crap coming out of this idiot's mouth was shocking for any kid to have to listen to, and I don't want that every week. The oldest nephew is 14 so can ignore all that crap but the youngest is 8 and while he's been to lots of matches, this will be his first season ticket and regular match going thing.

Guest Knightrider

How young is the youngest you should take a kid to SJP?

Serious answers please as i dont know how long i should leave it?

I took my nephew at 3 (8 now), and he loved it, but the whole experience tired him and we didn't make it a regular thing, a few games a season, friendlies, cup games etc. I've seen some people take what look like a few month old babies to the match, which in my opinion is just daft. About 5-8 is a good age to start taking them regularly.

Looks like I'll be getting an ST after all, the two nephews want one, how easy are they to get and is the family enclosure the best place to be for bairns, one is 8, one is 14?

Family enclosure is probably best, although don't know how long it'll take for seats to become available. Me and the daughter are on the waiting list. Think i only applied last season mind.

Trouble is the area is so small isn't it? Because of the general feeling of unrest among the fans at the moment, maybe some will not renew next season. Then again parents will be under pressure not to disappoint the bairns by taking their s/tickets off them.

Suppose some space has to become available each season because once the kids in there reach 16 they have to move elsewhere in the ground.

You tend to find with league games that there is much less of a chav element than for cup ties or friendlies. From experience of being in the SE corner the audience is mostly older. Doesn't mean there aren't kids or teens with season tickets but it does restrict them grouping together. Most of the younger folks where I sit are at the game with parents. Most because they've sat with their folks in previous years. If you steer clear of level 7 of the leazes end, where the ultras sit, then you should be alright.

We've  6 years in the Family  enclosure. Lovely facility, and fantastis prices !! If you are regularly taking kids it has to be there. Also fairly easy to pass on for the odd games you can't make.

As for age. Ben struggled to last a whole game up to about 12/13. Up to then a bag of long-lasting sweets from the pick n mix was the only way to keep him distracted. We had a new dad/kid last season, the kid was 6 and just couldn't last for 45 minutes. Used drive his dad, and us mad. It probably just depends on the kid too.