Viduka

Cajun

Call me a mental, conspiracy making nut job (or "Parky" for short ;) ) but Viduka really looked like a man planning his exit on MOTD last night. When asked about his future he did the usual "Obviously I would love to stay..." line but really did make a point of adding the "but...".

I reckon he is definitely on his way and we should be in for him. "Fat Lazy Aussie bastard" that he is he still has a lot of class about him. He can hold the ball up well, put people in and score his share of goals aswell. Wasn't it rumoured that he was very interested in coming here in the summer? Doubt his wage demands would be any more than the (hopefully) departing Luque and it will give us a quality option.

We desperately need to spend what we can on finally sorting out the defence so someone like Viduka would be a very good stopgap until we can again afford to pay out good money for a striker.

Guest Geordiesned

You might have to wait a while. Everyone who's read that has hit the vodka!  :Jonny2J:

:catmag:

I've said many a time that I would love Big Marko to play for the Toon - but I've always added that I'm biased so to take my opinion with a pinch of salt!

That horrible cliche "good technique for a big man" was never more true than with Viduka, truly a classy striker and one can only wonder what might have happened if a top notch manager had shaped his career and instilled some discipline and consistency into him.

More talent than Le Sib and Shola combined, his style of play means we could probably squeeze another two or three seasons out of him, providing a great foil for Owen or Martins, or an extra dimension as a sub.

Unfortunately, I have little doubt Roeder would turn his nose up at him - using a combination of age, wages and injury record as plausible but ultimately insufficient reasons.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Viduka is a better player than he gets credit for from most toon fans I know; decent hold up play, touch and finishing are of an ok quality; he would do a decent job for us imo, and if he was cheap enough would make a decent buy.

25 starts and 14 goals this season, I would guess a decent number of assists aswell. Plus he would help us retain the ball better when in attack. As said the priority for the transfer funds should be on the defence so Viduka would be a cheap quality addition for a couple of seasons.

Guest Invicta_Toon

might be a good fucking idea if we stopped signing stopgaps full stop, we've been doing it for fucking years now

he's a fat selfish moody cunt. fuck him. Boro could of sacked him off years ago and he still wants to screw them

might be a good fucking idea if we stopped signing stopgaps full stop, we've been doing it for fucking years now

he's a fat selfish moody cunt. fuck him. Boro could of sacked him off years ago and he still wants to screw them

Because I am sure we will be able to pay £10m on a new striker as well as getting in a left back, right back and a couple of centre backs.

He slipped up in his interview on his Sky

Interviewer: "The Boro fans obviously want you to stay Mark, is that what you want?"

Viduka: "Well... my agent is negotiating with the clubs... er, I mean.. club"

On transfer deadline day, he had agreed terms with us, and was sat in his car waiting in the car park where we have our medicals.

not quite true, he was in the car park at Boro's training facility waiting for permission to hit the A19

On transfer deadline day, he had agreed terms with us, and was sat in his car waiting in the car park where we have our medicals.

not quite true, he was in the car park at Boro's training facility waiting for permission to hit the A19

Yes, I think that was what happenned, thinking about it :thup:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Because I am sure we will be able to pay £10m on a new striker as well as getting in a left back, right back and a couple of centre backs.

and buying stop gaps for the past few years has improved that situation hasn't it?

Guest Invicta_Toon

25 starts and 14 goals this season, he's screwing them over big style.

a striker demanding more money for scoring goals? Aye, I see now how he's not a complete cunt

a striker demanding more money for scoring goals? Aye, I see now how he's not a complete cunt

:lol: a striker.. demanding money... when he's scoring goals? crucify him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

was he not being paid when he wasn't scoring then numbnuts?

im fairly sure he was, you'd have to ask him tbh.

p.s. no more replies from me as you're just a wum idiot and its beyond me what your purpose is.

Fat aussie bastard

money hungry prick

lazy aussie

etc etc

Would be a good signing for us and would compliment Martins nicely for reasons already said. Why some people want to sign a huge name player for a bucket load of cash is beyond me.

Guest Invicta_Toon

im fairly sure he was, you'd have to ask him tbh.

p.s. no more replies from me as you're just a wum idiot and its beyond me what your purpose is.

you replied to my post you donut

and buying stop gaps for the past few years has improved that situation hasn't it?

Where as spending shit loads of money to solve the problems has got us really far! Viduka is proven in this league, what more can you ask for? Lets spend £6m on Babel and HOPE he does well?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

might be a good f****** idea if we stopped signing stopgaps full stop, we've been doing it for f****** years now

he's a fat selfish moody c***. f*** him. Boro could of sacked him off years ago and he still wants to screw them

Where as spending s*** loads of money to solve the problems has got us really far! Viduka is proven in this league, what more can you ask for? Lets spend £6m on Babel and HOPE he does well?

Babel isn't an out and out striker. People like you would be hoping he does well as you don't have a clue about him or his ability level. Others who know and embrace global football would have a better idea of how he would do for us. Like myself predicting the phenomenal success of Antoine Sibierski.