UFC Thread

Yeah Tony looks done at the top. All three of his defeats have been convincing, I like Dariush but Tony really had to be winning that but looked miles off. Apparently he’s landed 30 strikes in his last 3 fights...

I really thought Chandler was winning that after the first round, so powerful, but the left hook from Oliveria was absolute textbook, loved his celebrations 😌

5 hours ago, Conjo said:

Was really happy to see Oliveira get the title. What a way and story to the top.

It's proper class. First UFC fight 11 years ago and losses to middle of the road guys like Miller and Felder but comes back to win 9 in a row and the title. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Froggy said:

It's proper class. First UFC fight 11 years ago and losses to middle of the road guys like Miller and Felder but comes back to win 9 in a row and the title. 

Gets off to a good start with his excellent BJJ. Seems like his early losses when he started facing the top guys had a lot to do with him being smaller built. I distincly remember his fight against Cerrone, thinking they had no business fighting in the same weight class.

He moves down a weight class, and as his body develops he's then struggling to make weight in like 4 out of 8 fights ay FW and must have been really close to getting cut, gets a second chance by going back to LW and goes on his current streak to win the title.

Edited by Conjo

• 1 month later...

Has a McGregor fight ever had such little hype around it? Saw the clips of the press conference and the weigh ins earlier. He looks unhinged like before the Khabib fight except without any good reason for the bad blood surrounding it.

If was to put money on it I’d go for another Poirier win.

I wanna watch the fight and not even bothered about the 20 quid, but I like to stay up with a few beers for UFC, and not doing that, with the final tomorrow.

Conor looks rattled, I fancy Dustin via KO in 2nd.

Can you pay for a box office event on sky and then record it?  I've always had virgin media before, but now I'm on sky i'm not sure how it works; couldn't seem to find a conclusive answer online.  Don't want to pay £20 and then not be able to watch it when I get up :lol:

3 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Conor looks rattled, I fancy Dustin via KO in 2nd.

Looks like he's trying too hard to be the "old" Connor imo. I doubt he has the heart to be at the top. Too much wealth, too much to lose. I believe him when he says he loves the game and loves fighting, but I don't think he has the motivation or desire to risk his life to win as he used to.

Anything can happen ofc, Connor looked good in the first round against Dustin in the last fight and he will definitely have prepared for leg kicks this time around, but I still think Dustin wins by KO in 2-3 rounds when fatigue starts to set in for Connor.

14 minutes ago, Decky said:

I think Poirier wins without much bother tbh. McGregor's looks done at the top. Hope I'm wrong though. 

I don’t think he’s look done like, I had him ahead in the last fight but his stance was so set for boxing he balls it all up, can’t fight if your leg is getting punishment and you’re doing nothing about it.

a lot of people seem to be writing him off, I’m a massive Pourier fan but I’m rooting for Connor, seems like too many shitting on him and forgetting how good he actually is. 

McGregor by TKO for me. He was definitely winning the last fight and piecing up Dustin on the feet. 

He'll have trained for the leg kicks and won't be as heavy on the lead leg. 

I think McGregor is unreal value at 11/10 for the win. 

Should be remembered as well that Poirier is class. :lol: Losing to him doesn't mean you're done by any stretch of the imagination. 

4 hours ago, Chrisjraby said:

Can you pay for a box office event on sky and then record it?  I've always had virgin media before, but now I'm on sky i'm not sure how it works; couldn't seem to find a conclusive answer online.  Don't want to pay £20 and then not be able to watch it when I get up :lol:

Aye, it should stick it on record automatically as soon as you buy it. Think it deletes itself after a week or so though.

Good fights in the prelims so far. Caved in and bought the ppv even though I have a subscription I thought I was supposed to get all ppvs included in :lol: 

Holy mother of god. I’ve never seen a fighter take as many massive head shots as that Moutinho kid just took from O’Malley. He just kept coming forward and eating shots, balls of steel but he’s a right fucking mess. 

Yeah that was pretty insane. I understand why the fight was ended by the ref, but at the same time can't help but feel he should have let it continue until the end just so he could get his Rocky moment :lol: Hope he gets a bonus and then some for stepping up to the fight.

Main event starting now lessgoooo