UFC Thread

The problem with the UFC is most of the best LHW's are in Pride. Wanderlei Silva, Shogun, Arona, Dan Henderson and Rampage has just come across.

I like Bisping, but he's pretty sloppy. Gonzaga was already ranked I think before he fought CroCop. Serra was lucky.

Agreed, mate.  Bisping get's too anxious in the cage, needs to work on his mental side of the game.  His conditioning seems

2nd to none (maybe Tito) and all round game is there, but you're right, Liddell would tear him to bits right now.  You never

know, though, anyone can beat anyone in this sport. 

Except Fedor, noone cant beat him.

Possibly, but they said the same about Mike Tyson.  Maybe Fedor will drop some weight and square off against Liddell (with Chuck adding some).  Fedor has lost, though, by way of TKO to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka. 

Yeah, those fights are terrible. Ones that end up on the ground, but it's all a part of MMA.  I prefer watching two fighters with stand-up game, but a mix of the two can be just as entertaining.  As long as Joe Roegan is doing the commentating, he knows so much about the sport just listening to him can be entertaining.

Guest the_guv_nor

Best fight ever is Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler.

Anyone who watches that and still thinks UFC is s***, is a hom.

Forrest Griffin against that other guy from the ultimate fighter was a mint one like!!

UFC Is far more entertaining than boxing imo.

• 4 weeks later...

UFC 71 is on tonight on Bravo at 9pm.

It's not live so can people refrain from posting the results.

Should be a good show, I can honestly see Jackson beating Liddell. I think Liddell has become too much of a celebrity and will get cuaght out.

Houston Alexander vs Michael Bisping, would be good craic.

Rampage is hard as fuck.

The Alexander/Jardine fight was fucking awesome. Alexander vs Bisping would be class, hopefully it would be on the London card in September.

Guest the_guv_nor

Some great fights last night, shame about the main event... was over way to quick.

The shit thing about bravo is, you knew that the main fight could only be 1-2 rounds as it didnt start till about 11.45 and the program finished at 12!!!

Should be a good show, I can honestly see Jackson beating Liddell. I think Liddell has become too much of a celebrity and will get cuaght out.

Looks like I was right on both counts. Various UFC sites have pictures and reports that Liddell was out clubbing in Vegas on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights the week of the fight and was at the clubs until atleast 2/3am each night. If this is the case then Liddell deserved to get knocked out. If I were Dana White I'd be having words as well, pretty stupid to be out partying the week of one of the biggest fights in UFC history. 

Looks like I was right on both counts. Various UFC sites have pictures and reports that Liddell was out clubbing in Vegas on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights the week of the fight and was at the clubs until atleast 2/3am each night. If this is the case then Liddell deserved to get knocked out. If I were Dana White I'd be having words as well, pretty stupid to be out partying the week of one of the biggest fights in UFC history. 

Links?  I dunno, depends what he was doing.  If he got enough rest, I don't see the big deal.  Didn't stop Georgie Best, did it?

Still, I see your point, Chuck fell guilty to his own hype.  Which is deserved hype, but he should have been weary of it. 

• Yorkie changed the title to UFC Thread