UFC Thread

How good is Anderson Silva? :lol:

Absolutely humiliated Forrest Griffin last night.

It's a shame he won't fight Machida, if he did I think we'd be looking at the first ever UFC competitor to hold two titles at once.

Griffin got ridiculed, he gave up ffs  :facepalm:

The Prodigy showed that c*** Florian how it is done.

Im well satisfied with the event.

He was hurt well before that.  No point letting him ground and pound you for a bit more.  One thing you cant question with forest is his hear and toughness

Aye, I think Forrest was basically on his last legs at that point.

Silva had already knocked him on his ass a couple of times and Forrest knew it'd be over very soon so he just went balls out trying to knock Silva out.

• 5 months later...

Thiagos win over Swick was awesome, pretty decent event even if it wasn't a crazy one.

Look forward to Rush vs Hardy and Silva vs Belfort

Yeah Thiago was class, did you see those kicks? Fuck me they were hard. Enjoyed Marquardt V Sonnen too.

How do you think Bisping will do at 110?

Bispings chin is exposed (got damnit Henderson really murdered him), if "The Axe" get a decent hit i think it will be over in the second round, Bisping needs to work on a good game plan to keep away from those haymakers or he will get knocked out quicker then lightning.

The Velasquez fight is most interesting though, could well be the future of UFC.

That punch that knocked Bisping out would have knocked pretty much anyone out though. I had Bisping edging the fight up until that point. But Yeah, the way Wanderlei comes out swinging, I just cant see how Bisping can avoid getting tagged big time. Hope Im wrong though, hope he can pull out the W.

Anybody found the last two years to be pretty dull? Only a times have I jumped out of my seat screaming. I guess things could heat up again now with Strikeforce making it big (overstatement of the year) and we've got some good fights every time on the WEC cards.

Silva vs. Belfort has me interested, been a fan of Vitor for a few years now like and i'm pretty sure he's got a dynamic enough game to win that fight. Don't be suprised to see him shoot in on Silva neither, people forgot how explosive his takedowns are and just focus on his fists.

Big Nog vs Cain. I'm getting the same vibes from that one as I did before Nogs rematch with Herring. That'll be a top fight that. UFC has certainly got a nice HW roster these days.

Bispings chin is exposed (got damnit Henderson really murdered him), if "The Axe" get a decent hit i think it will be over in the second round, Bisping needs to work on a good game plan to keep away from those haymakers or he will get knocked out quicker then lightning.

The Velasquez fight is most interesting though, could well be the future of UFC.

I think the Henderson fight was a loss that will ultimately make Bisping a better fighter. He was impressive in his last fight and I think he'll do well in his next.

There aren't any fights coming up that have me very interested, except maybe for Mir vs Lesnar part three, if Mir can get past Carwin. Rampage vs. Evans should be interesting too.

I think the Henderson fight was a loss that will ultimately make Bisping a better fighter. He was impressive in his last fight and I think he'll do well in his next.

I wouldn't count that fight with Kang atall, he got dropped in the first and didn't mount anything from his back, although his defence was great. He came out in the second round and beat a guy who was already faded out and beat, at the least though it will give Bisping some confidence. The fight with Wanderlei will be his true test though.
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope Bisping wins, his videos have been really funny and he seems to be a sound guy.

Silva is the nicest guy is the world...apart from when he is stamping on your face.  Seriously watch any video on youtube about him he is pure class.

http://thecagedoctors.com/2010/02/taking-a-ufc-ring-girl-to-prom-get-advice-from-wanderlei-silva/

I agree. Silva seems like a real stand-up guy. It would be a shame to watch him fall to Bisping.

Why do you hope Bisping gets battered?

Because Wanderlei is an absolute MMA icon, while Bisping is just a mouthy gobshite who thinks he's vastly, vastly better than he actually is.

See this is a view a lot of people have and imo it is complete bullshit. He is a sound bloke. He has a laugh and a joke on but is never overly disrespectful and in the build up to this fight its Silva who has been mouthing off like a tosspot, not Bisping. I didnt even think Bispings actions on TUF US V UK were that bad in all honesty.

Anyways, should be a good scrap, I think Bisping can win as long as he doesnt catch a wild one in the jaw in the opening round. The weight cut is gonna gas Silva big time imo, come midway through the second round if it lasts that long hes going to blowing out of his arse.

But who knows?

"Bring it on, come on!!"

Guest the_guv_nor

Did anyone see Silva on UFC Unleashed? showed you how he prepares for a fight. he does this insane 30 minute circuit with only a snorkel to breath out of! i would have died after aout 23 seconds. I think Silva will KO Bisping, i doubt it will be as bad as the Ko when he faught Henderson though, that was just sick not to mention unnessasary.

Guest the_guv_nor

Its a great card tomorrow like, couple of the fights could be headliners. Ryan Bader vs Jardine should be a good one. Valasquez vs Big Nog should be a great fight, Nog is a legend but Velaquez is coming off a 7-0 win streak although he hasn't fought anyone as significant as Nogueira.

Watch out for UFC fight night 21st March, Jon 'Bones' Jones is fighting, anyone who is new to Ufc or hasn't seen him fight -  the kid is awesome, looks like a future champ from his last few fights and hes only about 22, destroyed stephan bonnar and matt hamill although he was disqualified for an illegal elbow, which is totally gay rule! you can knee someone in the face but you can't elbow straight down on your apponent, elbow has to be at an angle.

• Yorkie changed the title to UFC Thread