Positive words about Premiership clubs

Stevie

I found this very difficult to do.  Can you give two positives about all the premiership clubs to you personally.  To be honest I found it nearly impossible to do two for each club, for some I could only think of one, and others, none at all.

Give it a go.

Arsenal - Have produced the best football this countries ever seen, Wenger is a genious

Aston Villa - Martin O'Neill, so non descript that's the only positive I can think of

Blackburn - Best away pub in English football, gives people under 50 the chance to see what England was like half a century ago

Bolton -

Charlton - Not far for me to go from my London base, Robert Lee

Chelsea - John Terry's attitude, sell us good players  ???

Everton - Possibly sixth or seventh best away support in England, local fans

Fulham - Gave us £5m for that wank Alain Goma, fantastic location for a ground

Liverpool - Hot dog van on Anfield Road

Manchester City - Psycho - always respected the bloke, ground move - at least we don't have to go that Mossside hell hole anymore

Manchester United - Second best away support in the country, enviable youth system

Middlesbrough - A19, A66 if you're going home via the A1

Portsmouth - Harry Redknapp - one of the best characters in football

, giving us £2m for AOB

Reading - Success on collective teamwork rather than individual ego's

Sheffield United - good fans, in the North(ish)

Tottenham -

Watford - Get what it says on the tin

West Ham - Almost exclusively local fanbase

Wigan - in the North

Certainly not for Wigan and Bolton. Hate both clubs, they make me cringe. They are infact an embarrasment to English football. There fans are all cunts, they have shite fucking lego stadiums which they never fill and they beat us at there own shite ground. Bolton also charge a fucking fortune for tickets. The fact that when Bolton score they play shite cheesy music and have two local retards run up the line with a peice of scaffolding with 'it's a knockout' on them makes me want to throw up. I also hate Aston Villa with a fucking passion. There fans are up there own arse so much it takes the piss.

can't believe you couldn't think of any for Spurs.

they've always given us joy, even when we're sh*te and they're supposed to be good, somehow always come bearing gifts. in fact, they're practically my second favorite club to follow, it's fun to watch whatever they do always ending up in heartbreak for their fans.

Charlton - do a lot for their fans, e.g. putting on cheap (almost free) transport from all round Kent so fans can get to the ground, sometimes put on free transport to away games.

Villa will never be so important that I will have a significant opinion on them, if they went down, you'd hardly notice.

Short memory, Stevie, short memory. We were really quite important in 1981 and 1982, you know.

I agree on Arsenal, IMO they play some of the best English football I've ever seen. They're always a joy to watch

Not always, but if I had to pay to watch one team (aside from Newcastle, though for different reasons) it would be them. :nods:

I agree on Arsenal, IMO they play some of the best English football I've ever seen. They're always a joy to watch

I agree, but they must be really infuriating to watch at the same time, this season at least.

EDIT says he from the lofty position of 13th in the table, but you know what I mean

I would say that this season ManU must have been as good to watch as Arsenal. I do agree with the point though, I've loved watching them for some time now. I also have a lot of respect for Thierry.

I agree, but they must be really infuriating to watch at the same time, this season at least.

EDIT says he from the lofty position of 13th in the table, but you know what I mean

I hate watching Arsenal, really really winds me up. Of course they pass it around beautifully, but thats all they do. I just sit shouting shoot all the time, its so annoying. Think the Arsenal fans are finally getting sick of it, its getting them no-where.

I would say that this season ManU must have been as good to watch as Arsenal. I do agree with the point though, I've loved watching them for some time now. I also have a lot of respect for Thierry.

Man Utd have had some brilliant sides, probably overall better than Arsenal's but, I'll argue with anyone who says Arsenal weren't more measured than Manchester.  I'm, not saying Fergie incorporated Bobby Gould's Wimbledon philosophy, but they were certainly slightly more direct than Arsenal, with throughout the 90's, a British style game based on two out and out wingers, in fairness since Queiroz came in they altered that at times, much to their detriment.

Man Utd have had some brilliant sides, probably overall better than Arsenal's but, I'll argue with anyone who says Arsenal weren't more measured than Manchester.  I'm, not saying Fergie incorporated Bobby Gould's Wimbledon philosophy, but they were certainly slightly more direct than Arsenal, with throughout the 90's, a British style game based on two out and out wingers, in fairness since Queiroz came in they altered that at times, much to their detriment.

Aye. I would say that this season, and a couple of others that ManU have been more exciting than Arsenal. Maybe not as aesthetically pleasing, but more exciting.

Man Utd have had some brilliant sides, probably overall better than Arsenal's but, I'll argue with anyone who says Arsenal weren't more measured than Manchester.   I'm, not saying Fergie incorporated Bobby Gould's Wimbledon philosophy, but they were certainly slightly more direct than Arsenal, with throughout the 90's, a British style game based on two out and out wingers, in fairness since Queiroz came in they altered that at times, much to their detriment.

Aye. I would say that this season, and a couple of others that ManU have been more exciting than Arsenal. Maybe not as aesthetically pleasing, but more exciting.

That's true, but their play isn't as measured.  Arsenal fans used to slate Pires, but I think he was fundamental to their style over the last 6 years.

I am commenting on clubs in modern era.

Arsenal

1. Make pretty football a new tradition of Arsenal FC

2. Make emphasis of young talent a new tradition of Arsenal FC

Aston Villa

1. Model of financial prudence in a cash mad premiership era.

Blackburn

1. Model of small club efficiency.

Bolton

1. Model of small club efficency.

2. Model of the employment of unconventional methods to improve results.

Charlton

1. Model of stability.

Chelsea

1. Romanticsms during Ranieri's era.

Everton

1. Loyalty and faith to a very decent manager who has had some bad patches.

Fulham

1. Another model of small club efficiency.

Liverpool

1. Model on how to employ good managers.

Manchester City

1. Nothing.

Manchester United

1. English football - attacking, physical, pressing.

Middlesbrough

1. Academy.

2. Idealism.

Portsmouth

1. How to financially develope a club (properties etc)

Reading

1. Nothing. If Coppell remains at helm longer then there will be somethings.

Sheffield United

1. Nothing.

Tottenham

1. Progressive mind.

Watford

1. Nothing as yet. There will be soon (5 years later)

West Ham

1. Nothing.

Wigan

1. A loving, determined chairman.

Arsenal

1. Manager has fantastic knack of spotting excellent raw young talent in Europe.

2. Play excellent (if frustrating) football

Blackburn

1. Have reacted well to the challenge in getting fans back to matches by cutting prices, others have followed.

2. Founder members.

Bolton

1. Overachieved consistently.

2. Providing a hint of a challenge to the big 4's dominance of the CL places.

Charlton

1. Excellent, atmospheric ground which suits them very well.

2. An encouragement to financially struggling clubs in the way they came back from the brink

Chelsea

1. Nothing whatsoever. And that includes pre Harding Chelsea, when they were also revolting.

Everton

1. Manager who has done an excellent job.

2. Respect is due to any club which, despite having a great history themselves, has to share a city with such a massively successful neighbour.

Fulham

1. Ground is in the best location of any in the premiership. Fantastic away day.

2. The Archibald Leitch gabled stand is one of the few remaining reminders of our football heritage.

3. Ive got a third for them. Their "neutral end", despite probably being born out of financial expediency, is a great idea and works very well.

Liverpool

1. Excellent managerial appointments (Souness excepted).

2. Their record. Speaks for itself.

Manchester City

1. See point 2 for Everton.

2. Loyal fanbase.

Manchester United

1. Their record.

2. Best away support in the premiership by far, although it pains me to say it. They are always the noisiest and have easily the widest repertoire of songs. Still loathe them, but credit where credit is due.

Middlesbrough

1. Academy.

2. Good chairman.

Newcastle

1. Good support.

2. Ground redeveloped very well compared to ramshackle dump it was when I first went there in mid 80s.

Portsmouth

1. Good, loud support.

2. Play good football, at least this season

Reading

1. Done very well this season.

2. Potentially a very valuable club, in a very wealthy area with a fast growing population.

Sheffield United

1. Traditional ground.

2. Good loud support.

Tottenham

1. History of trying to play the game the right way.

2. Entertaining in their perennial "nearly" status.

Watford

1. Provided my team with one of our most successful managers, who effectively saved the club at the point of meltdown.

2. Hmmm. Nope, can't think of any more.

West Ham

1. Play in fine colours, although ...

2. They're kitstealing bastards.

Wigan

1. Good chairman.

2. Pies.

Everton

1. Manager who has done an excellent job.

2. Respect is due to any club which, despite having a great history themselves, has to share a city with such a massively successful neighbour.

So tell me sir, does that apply to Birmingham City too? ;)

Newcastle

1. Great comedy entertainment.

2. Provide employment to otherwise unwanted managers and players.

3. Fantastic promotion of the whorish Geordie ladies to the world.

4. Great ambassador of La Manga brothels.