How good can Taylor be in the future?

Ikon

I have been quite impressed with him lately What would be needed for him to reach yet another level?

Hopefully we can get the signings right for next season and especially get a quality CB to partner him and a quality LB. That would be a great help for him reaching a even higher level.

What kind of CB would you like to see play next to Taylor next season?

I believe that someone "like" Toure at arsenal could be a good partner.

Discuss...

Guest leon b

it's a difficult one to call to be honest, i think he can be brilliant as long as he finds consistancy and cuts out the rash challenges.

I was at the sheffield united game and he impressed me no end, strong, good in the air and read the game excellently. I think that if we can play him with an experienced centre half we'll see the best in him.

I'm surprised it took this long. :lol:

hehe so was i so i had to make a new topic. No but seriously i have been thinking about the defense for quite long (i guess im not the only one).

I have been thinking around what might be a good partner for him and what left back to aim for. Because i have always felt that Taylor has potential to be a great defender someday, It might happen it might not.

I stand to my point... Taylor better than Brown... good shout at Toure... he is type of leader CB i was hoping we get.... or if not get Toure... Gallas same bar as him... it might be Arsenal next season pursuing more towering CB (aka Sol)... it might one of them will go out (Gallas or Toure)

And to think a couple of weeks ago people were demanding for him to be dropped in place of Moore. He can go on to be one of the best defenders in the Premiership. He is gonna have dips in form though and he needs a quality long term partner alongside him. He looks very dangerous going foward for set pieces now as well.

it's a difficult one to call to be honest, i think he can be brilliant as long as he finds consistancy and cuts out the rash challenges.

I was at the sheffield united game and he impressed me no end, strong, good in the air and read the game excellently. I think that if we can play him with an experienced centre half we'll see the best in him.

I agree about that. But i hope and believe that with time on his side he will learn that.

Guest eyeball_tickler

if he had been playing with either woodgate or campbell all this season he'd be a lot better than he is now.

there's only so much a young, impressionable defender can learn from bramble.

Guest leon b

yeah the goal at sheffield united was a towering header! i saw the run and had lots of confidence he'd get on the end of it.The thing i like about taylor is he rarely get dragged all over the park,his positioning is improving.

yeah the goal at sheffield united was a towering header! i saw the run and had lots of confidence he'd get on the end of it.The thing i like about taylor is he rarely get dragged all over the park,his positioning is improving.

Boumsongs positioning was worldclass, he never got dragged all over the park hehe

Guest leon b

woodgate and taylor would have been a serious partnership, woody would have swept up and allowed tayls to attack the ball.Once taylor gains more experience and know how he'll be a fixture here for years.

Guest leon b

boumsongs positioning was poop lol! bramble is shocking too.Once titus gets drawn out wide im expecting him to clatter someone and get a silly booking or get skinned! hee hee.

It saddens me to say, but he'll never amount to much at this club, same as Bramble.

We simply don't have the coaching ability within the club to transform young defensive talent into the finished article and Taylor is far from the finished article. He'll have good games and bad games, good periods followed by bad periods, but he'll never develop the consistency that makes a great defender, then he'll get labelled as a failure and the fans will turn upon him and make him into a laughing stock. Eventually people will ignore his good performances and blow his mistakes out of all proportion, it'll get to the point where even the club will start to believe the hype and eventually he'll leave.

Sound familiar? It should do.

Guest TheOrder

It saddens me to say, but he'll never amount to much at this club, same as Bramble.

We simply don't have the coaching ability within the club to transform young defensive talent into the finished article and Taylor is far from the finished article. He'll have good games and bad games, good periods followed by bad periods, but he'll never develop the consistency that makes a great defender, then he'll get labelled as a failure and the fans will turn upon him and make him into a laughing stock. Eventually people will ignore his good performances and blow his mistakes out of all proportion, it'll get to the point where even the club will start to believe the hype and eventually he'll leave.

Nah.

Nah.

Unless things change, and a lot, you're going to be proved wrong.

I think we should be looking to give him the armband asap.

LMAO @ this whole thread. What a bullshit comment to make.

It's debatable if he's even a consistant Premiership performer let alone making the lad club captain.

He could go on to be the white Titus Bramble minus the fresh air kicks add red cards.

I think we should be looking to give him the armband asap.

LMAO @ this whole thread. What a bullshit comment to make.

It's debatable if he's even a consistant Premiership performer let alone making the lad club captain.

He could go on to be the white Titus Bramble minus the fresh air kicks add red cards.

Here man, the lad was being sarcastic you know? It's worrying when it gets to such a stage where people are taking comments of that nature seriously on here!

Taylor was excellent again today and has really started to pull his act together after an under-par season so far, although it's impossible to predict how he'll turn out he does seem to have all the required physical attributes to be a good quality defender at this level, he just needs to continually strive for improvement within himself and mature on the pitch if he's ever to be as good as previously billed.

No defenders in footballing history haven't made mistakes, I think we can allow someone Taylor's age the occasional let-off when he does make one... same goes for Ramage, I suppose. Are there actually centre-halves who are fantastic and practically faultless in every single game that they play? Even at the best clubs with the best team-mates? I certainly haven't seen them/heard about them, if so.

Guest Invicta_Toon

how's about stop thinking you can outsmart the referee, and realise getting carded doesn't help the team

how's about stop thinking you can outsmart the referee, and realise getting carded doesn't help the team

1) To be fair to the lad today, when he did that bit of mindless barging he actually woke the stadium up, which could have led to us making a late charge for the win. It was fairly nice to see someone trying to take that game by the scruff of the neck, although I appreciate the method was a little bit crude.

2) Howay Vic, he's got away with one ridiculous one already this season, hasn't he? :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

1) To be fair to the lad today, when he did that bit of mindless barging he actually woke the stadium up, which could have led to us making a late charge for the win. It was fairly nice to see someone trying to take that game by the scruff of the neck, although I appreciate the method was a little bit crude.

2) Howay Vic, he's got away with one ridiculous one already this season, hasn't he? :lol:

kin liability man. Honestly thinks he's fucking smart tbh