Warren Barton

NE5

A nice real salt of the earth type lad... but I can't see it.

I appreciated his work effort despite his lack of skill and the fact that he knew what it was like to have a real job. Unlike 99% of today's footballers he knew it was a priviledge to play for any premiership club, never took it for granted and showed tremendous respect to everyone.

He'd get eaten alive by the job I reckon with the spoiled brats he'd come in contact with.

Him, Ketsy and Dabz go on my "Were crap but loved'em anyway" list of Newcastle players.

not sure.

Just wondered what people thought. Enthusiasm is good and he has lots of that, however a lot of people think that O@Neill, Pearce and Strachan are good because they are good in front of the camera and kick a bucket around on the touchline. So i was curious.

If he was on the coaching staff of NUFC, I'm sure he would be better than some we have though, and would care for the club more than Terry Mac the Geordiewannabeewhenliverpooldon'twanthimthough

I don't think he would be ruthless enough tbh. But you can never tell sometimes.

not sure.

Just wondered what people thought. Enthusiasm is good and he has lots of that, however a lot of people think that O@Neill, Pearce and Strachan are good because they are good in front of the camera and kick a bucket around on the touchline. So i was curious.

If he was on the coaching staff of NUFC, I'm sure he would be better than some we have though, and would care for the club more than Terry Mac the Geordiewannabeewhenliverpooldon'twanthimthough

I don't think he would be ruthless enough tbh. But you can never tell sometimes.

Barton has a lot of business interests and with his media work on top of the company he runs I can't see him turning to football management.

Better than Shearer

this was in the back of my mind when I asked the question, because I am wondering just how much influence Shearer had last year when he was Roeders right hand man.

Charisma in Leadership is essential. I believe Shearer has Charisma, i also believe Roeder doesn't.

What Shearer's influence was last season, we can only speculate.

Shearer supporters will say he had a big part to play, others will question it (with an open mind i hope).

Re: Warren Barton, i have no idea tbh.

Guest Gemmill

Isn't he desperate to get into coaching, but can't get work at a Premiership club or something?  Seem to remember seeing him interviewed about it in the past saying that there's only so many jobs blah blah. 

I appreciated his work effort despite his lack of skill and the fact that he knew what it was like to have a real job. Unlike 99% of today's footballers he knew it was a priviledge to play for any premiership club, never took it for granted and showed tremendous respect to everyone.

He'd get eaten alive by the job I reckon with the spoiled brats he'd come in contact with.

Him, Ketsy and Dabz go on my "Were crap but loved'em anyway" list of Newcastle players.

I dont reckon he would put up with crap from players, he gives me the impression hes a kinda nice guy until you piss him off.

Guest Gemmill

I dont reckon he would put up with crap from players, he gives me the impression hes a kinda nice guy until you piss him off.

Saw him doing press-ups in the middle of Julies once to impress some lasses.  That's the sort of bloke I want managing NUFC. :lol:

Saw him doing press-ups in the middle of Julies once to impress some lasses.  That's the sort of bloke I want managing NUFC. :lol:

stop mid trainin to go and hound some garls!

Guest Knightrider

Isn't he more interested in working with kids and younger players, I know he's done a bit of that since retiring? Canny bloke BTW.

Charisma in Leadership is essential. I believe Shearer has Charisma, i also believe Roeder doesn't.

Shearer supporters will say he had a big part to play, others will question it (with an open mind i hope).

nailed on.

Guest Gemmill

nailed on.

Totally explains your respect for Shepherd. :razz:

nailed on.

Totally explains your respect for Shepherd. :razz:

I'm not one of those who's daft enough to think he's the manager though Gemma

;D