Fact about Arsenal's side yesterday

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of the 16 players in the squad, 0 were english.

That's why I bang on about bringing the foreigner (3) rule back and (2) outside EU. Stops the elite clubs hoovering talent up abroad and having to develop thier youth system (English players). Also it levels the playing field reg smaller clubs.

But it's been like that practically all season. 

Hoyte rested, Walcott injured, the rest foreign.  Henry says in the dressing room the players always speak English, on the training ground French is the prominent language.  Says it all really.

But it's been like that practically all season. 

Hoyte rested, Walcott injured, the rest foreign.  Henry says in the dressing room the players always speak English, on the training ground French is the prominent language.  Says it all really.

Make then play in France ffs!1 >:(

That's why I bang on about bringing the foreigner (3) rule back and (2) outside EU. Stops the elite clubs hoovering talent up abroad and having to develop thier youth system (English players). Also it levels the playing field reg smaller clubs.

No problems, all you have to do is bring down the EU first! :lol:

The thing is the EU shouldn't be messing in sport which has its own traditions rooted in history. Bring down the EU....it will happen. ;)

Tough cack! If we were to put out a team with 4 French, 3 Brazilians, Germans, Portuguese, etc. and finished 4th, I wouldn't complain.

.....there will be no one to pick an England team from soon.

I would be in favour of a rule meaning a minimum number of players in a club's playing staff must be from the country in which the club is based.

It'll never happen though.

The thing is the EU shouldn't be messing in sport which has its own traditions rooted in history. Bring down the EU....it will happen. ;)

I'll not go into the wider socio-political ramifications of the EU - but since we seem to have veered in this direction I do have a question:

The Bosman ruling came about because JM Bosman wanted to leave his club after his contract expired - the EU said he (and any player) could, and then declared the foreigner rules to be illegal too?

If English players are better than the foreign ones, they'll play. Look at the likes of Carragher, Terry, Gerrard, Cole, Lampard, etc.

Do you see the irony in those names 3 came through a small club (WHam) youth system.

Young English players can't develop cause they can't break into first teams populated from around Europe. It's wrong simple as that. EU beuracracy gone mad.

Guest Invicta_Toon

the irony that parky earns a living in germany

U.K. company though. :D

Nowt to do with the health of football tbf Vic. ;)

Parky in one sided human rights discrimination shocker.

Vic in disagreeing with someone shocker.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic in disagreeing with someone shocker.

Ally in pointing out Vic disagrees with people shocker

It's not though. If they're good enough, they'll break through the ranks. Maldini at Milan, Raul at Real Madrid, Terry at Chelsea, Beckham, etc. at Man Utd, Gerrard at Liverpool. If they're not good enough to play for those clubs, then they should expect to have to drop to a lower level.

Or do you want to return to the days where Man Utd would get stuffed 4-0 in Europe and get knocked out of Europe by crap teams like Gothenburg because duffers like Walsh, Pilkington, Cooke, Thornley, McKee, etc. had to play at times instead of Keane, Irwin, Schmeichel...

It's not though. If they're good enough, they'll break through the ranks. Maldini at Milan, Raul at Real Madrid, Terry at Chelsea, Beckham, etc. at Man Utd, Gerrard at Liverpool. If they're not good enough to play for those clubs, then they should expect to have to drop to a lower level.

How can they ever be good enough if they can't get the games.....