Fact about Arsenal's side yesterday

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wouldn't even mind if we tried to make it look right....Barca bought Messi over when he was 14 I think and gave him dual natiionality....

So on one hand you don't want any foreigners in the game and on the other hand you want to hand out British passports to anyone?

I wouldn't even mind if we tried to make it look right....Barca bought Messi over when he was 14 I think and gave him dual natiionality....

So it's ok to bring in foreigners if we give them dual nationality?

:lol:

I mean if someone starts at a club when they are 14/15 and then go onto live in the same country for 10 years that is slightly different...It's hard to explain... :)

Guest Gemmill

Vic's right btw.  Somewhere in Germany, there's a German national on the dole so that Parky the Englishman can have his job.  Disgrace.

Football and part of the magic is about being able to relate and identity and a sense of belonging not a team full of Maradingo's chasing a cash rainbow....

Although the whole concept of your average fan in the ground being able to relate to 22 year olds earning 40k a week is absurd regardless of nationality.

Although it is becoming gradually less absurd now they're slowly pricing the working classes out of the game.

*clenched fist*

Vic's right btw.  Somewhere in Germany, there's a German national on the dole so that Parky the Englishman can have his job.  Disgrace.

Rubbish. I'm making money for the Germans as well. blueyes.gif

Guest Gemmill

Traitor!

Traitor!

:lol:

Ironically England's cricket team have been doing this for decades with little or nothing to show for it :lol:

KP! We won the Ashes! Don't seem to remember anything about cricket after this point, I presume there have been no games and that we still hold them......

Yeah I'd be f****** gutted if we developed the likes of Fabregas and Diaby as opposed to Matty f****** Pattison

The South African :lol:

That was my point?  Diaby and Fabregas aren't English?  Pattison isn't English?  See?

Of course it was Sima wink wink

:D

I think it would be better for clubs to be provided with incentives for bringing young English players rather than making a rule to force them to do so. Clubs look out for themselves, and rightly so.

If English players are better than the foreign ones, they'll play. Look at the likes of Carragher, Terry, Gerrard, Cole, Lampard, etc.

Do you see the irony in those names 3 came through a small club (WHam) youth system.

Young English players can't develop cause they can't break into first teams populated from around Europe. It's wrong simple as that. EU beuracracy gone mad.

If "EU bureaucracy" is to blame then how come other EU nations such as Germany, Italy and France, have no problem with their national sides?

They're subject to precisely the same conditions in terms of free movement of labour (which includes footballers) within the EU.

If France can develop loads of good young players, why can't England?

it ain't just limited to here. The team PSV Eindhoven had out last week against Liverpool only had 2 Dutch players in the starting 11 (Cocu and Kromkamp). Surprised me tbh, as I always thought of the Dutch league as a real hotbed of development for their own footballers!

Or do you want to return to the days where Man Utd would get stuffed 4-0 in Europe and get knocked out of Europe by crap teams like Gothenburg because duffers like Walsh, Pilkington, Cooke, Thornley, McKee, etc. had to play at times instead of Keane, Irwin, Schmeichel...

This isn't the issue...It is plain wrong that Arsenal fields and continues to field sides with no English players..It's bad for the game on just about every level. We dominated Euro for a decade with predominantly English players...Liverpool, Forest, Villa...

And remind us how many clubs we've currently got in the final stages of the two European competitions...

Guest Gemmill

i think the problem started because the fans demand for winning... i choose neither in the poll... SO I ASK EVERYBODY HERE... WHY BRITISH DOESN'T JUST EXPORT THEIR PLAYERS MORE?

BECAUSE BRITISH COST TOO MANY POUNDS

i think the problem started because the fans demand for winning... i choose neither in the poll... SO I ASK EVERYBODY HERE... WHY BRITISH DOESN'T JUST EXPORT THEIR PLAYERS MORE?

correct.... i am still waiting for another answer

Guest Gemmill

There's only one answer, and I've given it to you.  If English teams consider young English talent too expensive, what makes you think foreign teams are going to stump up the cash?

There's only one answer, and I've given it to you.  If English teams consider young English talent too expensive, what makes you think foreign teams are going to stump up the cash?

Yes .... there is another... in fact it seems young english talent still think that other league still below  quality rather than Premiership... that which makes many young english talent... don't consider moving abroad is an option for their career

the irony that parky earns a living in germany

U.K. company though. :D

In that case, Liverpool, Villa and Man Utd should be made to play at least 3 Americans, Chelsea 3 Russians and West Ham at least 3 Icelandic players tbh.

I love it when this board goes into denial. No-one is even prepared to admit there is a problem. No one gives two hoots that the roots and identity of the game is being erased.....Shame on you. :lol:

Why bother calling it the Euro Champions league? The rate the Italians and Spanish are giving passports to South Americans might just as well call it Libdetores Cup or whatever....

Why call it the PL its just a lie....Call it the French v Russian mafia.

16 players and no Englishmen IS a worry, no doubt.

Surely working at the root of the problem (grassroots football/youth football) is the way forward, though, at least for now? If English players were good enough to play for Arsenal, then they would play, it's as simple as that. I'm sure Wenger scouts in this country as much as he does elsewhere, but the difference tends to be the money he paid for Walcott versus the money he'd have to pay for a 16-year-old from Senegal or France who had shown similar promise to Walcott.

I think bringing in a player limit could bring as many problems as solutions as some clubs would be forced to have sub-standard players, it could harm the development of some youngsters rather than help it if they were getting fast-tracked and people could just buy English to conform to the rules, then never ever play them. Which does even more harm than good to our game.

It's not as simple as putting a cap on foreigners or something like that. My initial thought was to suggest increasing the number of subs to 7 and then asking for 3 of the 18 named players to be English, in England of course, but then I started seeing that even something like that had it's fair share of drawbacks.