Dead ball situations

Dunedin

Am I the only one who believes we are the worst team in the Premiership for taking free kicks, corners and throw ins.?  Yesterday Arsenal effectively stopped us at throw ins from properly clearing our defences , yet we seem to make it so easy for the opposition to clear theirs. The free kicks yesterday hit new lows. It is so frustrating watching at home now. And, yes, I think Gormless Glen is a total tosser and a hopeless manager but will he be sacked ? There is  more chance of Julian Clary being caught in bed with Madonna.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest graemeh72

Am I the only one who believes we are the worst team in the Premiership for taking free kicks, corners and throw ins.?  Yesterday Arsenal effectively stopped us at throw ins from properly clearing our defences , yet we seem to make it so easy for the opposition to clear theirs. The free kicks yesterday hit new lows. It is so frustrating watching at home now. And, yes, I think Gormless Glen is a total tosser and a hopeless manager but will he be sacked ? There is  more chance of Julian Clary being caught in bed with Madonna.

Two points

1) Expect NUFC dead ball situations to improve dramatically in the coming months

2) I await news on Julian Clary & Madonna

Guest graemeh72

bloody thread necromancy

Worth doing just to hear the word Necromancy.... well done  ;D

Guest Triglett

That's encouraging. We're convinced that Spurs are the worst both at taking them and defending them. Keane's goal against Arsenal was our first from a set piece all season IIRC, apart from Berbatov's freekick against West Ham. You'll be glad to know that Jenas is the main culprit. We've even resorted to letting Aaron Lennon take the occasional corner  :uglystupid2:

Luque can take some amazing free kicks, after all didnt we bring him here as the new Robert but Roeders faliure to at least give him a decent chance ment that he spent almost all of his time here doing nothing and getting payed like fuck..

I think we can still use him,he can take some really decent set pieces and is a class player if only we would sollow our pride and give him a chance instead of calling him a waster and lablling him as a flop.

Luque can take some amazing free kicks, after all didnt we bring him here as the new Robert but Roeders faliure to at least give him a decent chance ment that he spent almost all of his time here doing nothing and getting payed like fuck..

I think we can still use him,he can take some really decent set pieces and is a class player if only we would sollow our pride and give him a chance instead of calling him a waster and lablling him as a flop.

agree. His corners are class too

Luque will prove you wrong motherfuckers.. very soon

I would love nothing more than him to score 50 goals in season & to create another 50 & to be fair I would even accpet it if he scored 10+ & laid on 5 or more but to do this has got to at least look interested

Guest JamesD

luque was an expensive back-up signing for boa-morte to play in souness's 4-3-3.

would have looked like this i guess

parker

bowyer?  emre

dyer                  luque

owen

luque was an expensive back-up signing for boa-morte to play in souness's 4-3-3.

would have looked like this i guess

parker

bowyer?   emre

dyer                   luque

owen

Luque was signed as a "proper" LW. Souness didn't have a clue