When did...

Guest smoggeordie

You could spot Bobby a mile off yesterday, from the front of "The Corner" the mop of white hair and the stone-grey suit were a dead giveaway... not to mention the fairly plump fellow with the receeding hairline he was sat next to being fairly hard to miss as well. I haven't really noticed him up there before, although I've later seen him on MOTD and the like.

Was it not Douglas Hall who Bobby had his real bugbear with? Moreso than Fat Fred? Been a while since I read his book, so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. At the end of the day it's just business isn't it? It's good to see that despite what happened, they can both be fairly decent about it, especially Sir Bob. Although he might have forgotten that Shepherd ever wronged him by now... too far?

Guest smoggeordie

TBF, if Bobby didn't love the club so much, he'd be laughing his tits off at whats happened since he left.

Guest shearer_united

Suppose he returned to ACTION next season as manager, will he be the Bobby we knew back then ? leading us to the champions league  ?

Guest stormrider

Suppose he returned to ACTION next season as manager, will he be the Bobby we knew back then ? leading us to the champions league  ?

No, the man is 73 and he's had 5 cancers.

Guest shearer_united

That was what i was thinking, but seeing more of him and freddy together might mean that bobby will be handed a high-ranking job at the club. Not necessarily manager, but something like assistant manager, something else manager, reserve coach, etc

Guest Gemmill

That was what i was thinking, but seeing more of him and freddy together might mean that bobby will be handed a high-ranking job at the club. Not necessarily manager, but something like assistant manager, something else manager, reserve coach, etc

Bobby Robson, reserve coach? :lol:

DoF would be the only job befitting the man tbh.  All Shepherd sees is another £750k on the wage bill though, so that's not gonna happen.

Guest shearer_united

DoF would be the only job befitting the man tbh.  All Shepherd sees is another £750k on the wage bill though, so that's not gonna happen.

Whats a DoF :D ?

Guest Gemmill

Director of Football. :razz:

Guest shearer_united

maybe he can be the formation planner  ? :p you know so that Roeder wont have that mystery backfour and maybe luque will get a chance to sparkle a little if he can.

Guest stormrider

A smooth way to say Duff.

maybe he can be the formation planner  ? :p you know so that Roeder wont have that mystery backfour and maybe luque will get a chance to sparkle a little if he can.

Formation planner? :lol:

Oh how I missed the Bobby days....

Same team week in week out, same formation (most of the time) and a predictable and effective style of play.

I remember how dissapointed we all where when we missed out on 4th by the 5 or so points....now look where we are. Granted that season had two other heart breakers but least we had reason to get our hopes up.

Now that the Robson era is seen as the good old days, I'm sure Freddie realises that it doesn't do him any harm to be seen on friendly terms with him. Apart from anything else, it reinforces the fiction that the undermining and sacking of Robson was all the Halls' idea.