Auto-restart

Cajun

Keep getting a message saying that I have an update on my computer and it needs to restart, it says i can restart now or do it later. I click do it later but say 20mins later it will pop up again.

If I leave my computer and it comes up it restarts it itself if i dont click to restart later, anyway i can stop this coming up?

Guest Geordie_krispy

the easiest way is to turn off windows updates  :)

Or change it to ask if you want to install, then ask if you want to install. So you can specify when you want to do it.

Guest Snoopy

This is your Windows Automatic Update, if you go into Control Panel and click on "Security centre" you can change the settings from there. I wouldn't recommend NOT getting the Windows Updates as they are important security updates for your system and are there to stop Windows malfunctioning or getting bad viruses.

But I agree it is annoying when that keeps on popping up, but I generally just restart mine as I want the security updates.

Guest Lazlo

Turn off windows updates and just install them yourself manually when you're not busy.

Satart>control panel>system>automatic updates

cheers have tried

So have you succeeded or do you need more help? :lol:

No still keeps popping up but i suppose the changes wont come into place until i re-start the PC anyway, will have to live with it for the moment!

Guest Snoopy
No still keeps popping up but i suppose the changes wont come into place until i re-start the PC anyway, will have to live with it for the moment!

Try going on "Control Panel" and clicking on "Security Centre" then under the "Manage security settings for" click on "Automatic Updates" then select the option of "Download updates but let me chose when to install them"

That might do the trick. Then when you are connected to the internet, the updates will download but will not install. Instead, you will see a yellow symbol with an exclamation mark inside it on your taskbar at the bottom by the clock. If you click on that, you will then be able to install the update at a time which is good for you.

Hopefully that should sort it out. :)