Sell Dyer?

Guest Alan Shearer 9
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Considering his injury record and the fact that he doesn't consistently play well, there's no way he's worth 80k a week. If he was on a smaller wage I'd keep him but that is a huge chunk for a player simply not worth it, need to get rid and start restructuring the squad imo.

So who's going to buy him for decent money and pay him 80k a week so he'll actually move there? With his wages, it'd be hard to move him for free, never mind for decent money.

Good player, a bit inconsistent. We've got him and we're probably not gonna be able to offload him so might as well use him.

Guest alankhaw

After rehabilitating him for so long, it would simply be a waste of money to sell him off. His wages, the medical costs etc would not even be covered if we sold him off

No.

We've got enough problems in the squad without creating more gaps to fill. He's hardly been injured since he came back, touch wood that will continue. I don't know how much money you expect us to get for him or what sort of replacement you think that'll get us, but I'd rather keep him.

He's not a striker, anyway. His best position is right-midfield, surely. He's only playing up there because there's nobody else available.

Things start to get difficult for him if Owen and Martins stay fit because he'll either oust Milner or Butt from the starting eleven, both decisions that will not prove popular with the masses. At the minute he's been relatively free from critique (aside from Ally) because he's being played up-front alongside a similar sort of partner, rather than alongside a Shearer/Ameobi. When he starts playing badly and he's keeping a fan-favourite out of the team, you'll see far more people calling for his head.

Hopefully that won't happen and he'll be fucking mint, but it's extremely doubtful.

If this thread came out a month or two ago i would have said no

But seeing where he is playing,and his peformence,i can only describe him as "a striker that can't finish",so i won't be too disappointed if we sell him..

He's a right winger in my book. Him and Milner for the right, Duff and N'Zogbia on the left and our wings are sorted, competition, youth and pacy bench to change a game.

Our squad needs improvement, but we'd do better to improve the weaker areas of our team such as across the back line. It's no use selling one of our more important squad players knowing his price wouldn't reflect his value to us.

So who's going to buy him for decent money and pay him 80k a week so he'll actually move there? With his wages, it'd be hard to move him for free, never mind for decent money.

Good player, a bit inconsistent. We've got him and we're probably not gonna be able to offload him so might as well use him.

Exactly. Nobody wants him and if they do, they couldn't afford his wages. Were stuck with him until he's 31 (Thanks Graeme).

He's not a striker, anyway. His best position is right-midfield, surely. He's only playing up there because there's nobody else available.

Things start to get difficult for him if Owen and Martins stay fit because he'll either oust Milner or Butt from the starting eleven, both decisions that will not prove popular with the masses.

Don't see why Milner can't move over and oust Duff.  Milner - Emre/Parker/Zog - Butt/Parker - Dyer behind Martins and Owen wouldn't be half bad.

Things start to get difficult for him if Owen and Martins stay fit because he'll either oust Milner or Butt from the starting eleven, both decisions that will not prove popular with the masses.

Don't see why Milner can't move over and oust Duff.  Milner - Emre/Parker/Zog - Butt/Parker - Dyer behind Martins and Owen wouldn't be half bad.

Well of course it's reasonable: but will Roeder select Milner ahead of Duff and/or Dyer? It's highly unlikely.

Yes, sell him.

But I seriously doubt anyone would have him.

Wonderfully stupid post. Nice one.

Fuck me, a few weeks ago he was on fire and the majority of people were fine with him. Now he's had a couple of average games and people like this genius above think no-one would have him. There are plenty of poorer teams than us who would take him.

In form, and deployed correctly, Dyer is one of the most destructive players in the world.

We need to find a way to get him back in form and being deployed correctly on a more regular basis. If we can't manage this, it'll be another failure for the club, but we may as well sell.

Guest smoggeordie

In form, and deployed correctly, Dyer is one of the most destructive players in the world.

We need to find a way to get him back in form and being deployed correctly on a more regular basis. If we can't manage this, it'll be another failure for the club, but we may as well sell.

:lol: Can't wait till Ally sees that :lol:

:lol: Can't wait till Ally sees that :lol:

No way is he near being one of the best players in the world, but ask any opposition Premiership manager who they'd least like to see on the ball just past halfway, with wingers to his right and left, and strikers in front of him, they'd say Dyer each time.

Yes, sell him.

But I seriously doubt anyone would have him.

Wonderfully stupid post. Nice one.

Was it? An injury prone, relatively ineffective 28 year old, demanding at least 50k a week... i don't think they will be queuing up.