Rona.... KAKA - best player I've ever seen tbh

Guest Knightrider

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It confirms you are very ignorant about football outside of this country, a fact made far more substantial by the fact you started this rediculous thread :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Best midfield? Is there such a thing? Not for me.

Man Utd's next season will be tasty though, if Hargreaves arrives, he'll add much needed drive to that area of the field for them which is lacking in Scholes/Giggs due to his age and Carrick who is a deep lying playmaker who rarely ventures forward, and most certainly without any urgency. Hargreave's arrival will also allow Rooney to play much further up top or rather make it less necessary for him to drop deep all the time.

Liverpool's midfield is functional and competitively very tough to get past or break down but attacking wise it isn't creative at all outside of Gerrard. Add a playmaker and some genuine width to both flanks and it could be very tasty too.

Guest Knightrider

It confirms you are very ignorant about football outside of this country, a fact made far more substantial by the fact you started this rediculous thread :lol:

True :D

Man Utd's next season will be tasty though, if Hargreaves arrives, he'll add much needed drive to that area of the field for them which is lacking in Scholes/Giggs due to his age and Carrick who is a deep lying playmaker who rarely ventures forward, and most certainly without any urgency. Hargreave's arrival will also allow Rooney to play much further up top or rather make it less necessary for him to drop deep all the time.

Liverpool's midfield is functional and competitively very tough to get past or break down but attacking wise it isn't creative at all outside of Gerrard. Add a playmaker and some genuine width to both flanks and it could be very tasty too.

They need an out-and-out winger imo. Don't think Pennant is the answer and Kewell has flattered to deceive. Someone who can beat a man with skill or pace. Put someone like Kanchelskis (in his pomp) out wide and they'd tear teams to bits.

I find the myth about Henry not producing in big games quite absurd as well, he does it just to the same level as Gerrard I feel, I mean I honestly can't remember Gerrard ever getting the better out of Vieira or an ageing Roy Keane, can you?

They need an out-and-out winger imo. Don't think Pennant is the answer and Kewell has flattered to deceive. Someone who can beat a man with skill or pace. Put someone like Kanchelskis (in his pomp) out wide and they'd tear teams to bits.

Ronaldo would actually be the perfect player for Liverpool to sign, funnily enough.

Completely agree with this as well. Liverpool have the foundations of an excellent side but are somewhat "regimented" in their approach, or at least they have been this season. I'm a massive admirer of flair talent in amongst a "team" structure and if Benitez can get a player of the type that Midds is describing then Liverpool could make massive strides next season. However, those sorts of players don't exactly grow on trees, of course. One of the major things with current football that turns me off is all the "workmanlike" teams who seem to rule the day, or seem to be the current trend, Liverpool and Chelsea being the main culprits. Mourinho's lot look a different proposition with a fully fit Robben, in particular, Liverpool need someone of a similar standard I'd say.

Liverpool with two top-class wingers would be frightening, with their central options. Probably would never happen with Rafa there/away from home, though.

Ronaldo would actually be the perfect player for Liverpool to sign, funnily enough.

Quite agree.  blueyes.gif

Bit of a difference between a bit of width and a natural winger. Even better if he can switch flanks and attack both full backs - cutting inside or going for the bye-line depending. Also think that Alonso is a fucking great player. Got just about the lot and could create loads if Benitez change his philosophy and set his teams out to beat the opposition rather than not lose to them.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

rather ironic I think you'll agree then that Rafa Benitez is an anagram of huge dildo

I find the myth about Henry not producing in big games quite absurd as well, he does it just to the same level as Gerrard I feel, I mean I honestly can't remember Gerrard ever getting the better out of Vieira or an ageing Roy Keane, can you?

I never really watched Henry when he first came to premership but my mate loves him and arsenal and he was showing me some videos of henry a couple of seasons back and holy fuck.. was he good. Especially when he skinined the entire spurs team and a certain Mr Carr (with hair) from inside his own half. The sheer pace of him was unrealistic at best. It's a shame he's kind of lost his way a bit.