Do you feel safe at football matches?

Slim

Guest dasflenst

I'm more likely to feel unsafe outside the ground, depending where I am, or when accidently going into a home pub or something.  I've never felt unsafe in the ground, whether it's in this country or abroad. 

Only time I felt a bit akward was at the Mackems' in their home end last season when we came back from 1-0 down to beat them 4-1 and it was difficult to constrain myself while Mackems were understandably frustrated by the way their team gave away the lead and our Supporters taking the mickey out of them.. :)

Guest Southern Geordie

I went to see Bristol Rovers vs Bristol City and there were shite loads of hooligans around which did make me feel a bit nervous, especially as they were charging towards where we were, they were hitting cars and stuff.. even a police car! Lucky a couple of riot vans turned up! Inside the ground though I didn't feel unsafe at all.. Even when there was a pitch invasion and after the match. Luckily City fans were kept inside the ground for bout an hour and a bit!

In Italy I felt kind of unsafe outside the ground and inside the firecrackers shit me up a bit but it was all good fun.

The only time I've ever really felt unsafe is when I was about 10 at the Worthington cup final surrounded by Leicester fans in the ground and when we were parking when some nutter started shouting abuse through the window.

The only time I felt scared at a football match was when a policeman grabbed one of my mates while we participated in a pitch invasion.

EDIT: 200 13 year olds on the pitch, end of the season Division 3 pitch invasion, nothing too zany/exaggerrated/made-up.

Guest smoggeordie

I've felt safe at every toon match i've been too, even when I was undercover in the boro end.

Strangely enough, the unsafest i've ever felt was at Sky 1's the match :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

I felt safe in the 80's never mind now.  The only concern to me at football now is some muslim "pilot" missing the airport and flying in to the Leazes

In the least weirdest way this could come out, but a football match at SJP, Old Trafford etc seems a bloody obvious target for terrorists.

I felt safe in the 80's never mind now.  The only concern to me at football now is some muslim "pilot" missing the airport and flying in to the Leazes

In the least weirdest way this could come out, but a football match at SJP, Old Trafford etc seems a bloody obvious target for terrorists.

I have had that exact same thought tbh, Man U holds about 70,000 now doesnt it? Would dread to think how many would be wiped out if a plane flew into it. Although I would imagine it would be fairly hard flying a jumbo jet into the stadium? :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

I have had that exact same thought tbh, Man U holds about 70,000 now doesnt it? Would dread to think how many would be wiped out if a plane flew into it. Although I would imagine it would be fairly hard flying a jumbo jet into the stadium? :lol:

Can't imagine it could be that hard. I mean, Kenan landed one on Snakes on a Plane ;)