Eriksson For Toon

Guest Spark

This wont happen till September 1st at the earliest.

Not saying you're wrong, but what are you basing that on? The transfer window and Shepherd's history of early season sackings? Wouldn't it be great if we could break that mould!

As for the article - speculation without based on any quotes. We'll see...

Interesting.

More worrying is that the story suggests Alan Pardew is another contender.

Good manager in my opinion. Certainly a lot better than Roeder - enough of an improvement to merit a change I'd say.

Guest smoggeordie

This wont happen till September 1st at the earliest.

Not saying you're wrong, but what are you basing that on? The transfer window and Shepherd's history of early season sackings? Wouldn't it be great if we could break that mould!

As for the article - speculation without based on any quotes. We'll see...

Educated guess.

Guest smoggeordie

The Times are normally reliable.

Fingers crossed. Eriksson is a top drawer club manager. You don't lose your club managing talent in a few shit years at international level.

The Times are normally reliable.

Fingers crossed. Eriksson is a top drawer club manager. You don't lose your club managing talent in a few shit years at international level.

I've got mixed feelings about this one, to be honest. He’s not as bad as some of the England fans and the media think. But I don't like his style of football and some of his decisions as England manager were a bit strange. Not to forget the publicity he attracts off the pitch and his wages.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

for me, a fantastic move. For a long time now we have been saying we havent had a proven manager, well now we could. At club level he has won things where ever he has been, ans has also built up good strong squads e.g. lazio. At england he was jus a pawn ina  much bigger game being played by David Davies and the other bunch. Plus, owen would probably stay knowing he is guaranteed to play every game even if inured. My only worry is, sven loved heskey, would shola stay?

I don't want him anywhere near the club, we say Roeder does not imspire the players, does anyone think Sven is an inspirational manager?

His substitutions are always like for like, even when the game is screaming out for a tactical change.

Not to mention the fact that we have enough bad press and embaessment from our players, last thing we need is a manager like that too.

His tactical ineptidue reminds me a lot of Roeder.  People say Newcastle is like England in many ways, and one of those is the pressure that the fans and local media put on the team and manager.  I still think he'd want to do things like play favorites and not pick players based on form.  Didn't he also need a lot of cash in order to guarantee club success in Italy?

Guest Invicta_Toon

His tactical ineptidue reminds me a lot of Roeder.  People say Newcastle is like England in many ways, and one of those is the pressure that the fans and local media put on the team and manager.  I still think he'd want to do things like play favorites and not pick players based on form.  Didn't he also need a lot of cash in order to guarantee club success in Italy?

this

before managing england he was the one of highly rated manager in the world. I don't know why after manage england his form was not as great as before. It might be because FA paid so much money on him then he become one of the england celebrity.

before managing england he was the one of highly rated manager in the world. I don't know why after manage england his form was not as great as before. It might be because FA paid so much money on him then he become one of the england celebrity.

As England manager he only lost four competitive games – the Northern Ireland qualifer and the three quarter-final defeats (two on penalties). It's not a bad record, really.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Surely he would do better than Roeder?

so do we get to judge Sven after just 18 months too? What will be the criteria for success then? 9th?

This club needs more than a poxy manager change, a third one in 3 years at that