Of the managers we could probably attract.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Sam.

Great motivator and organiser and also well upto date on modern methods inc computerised performance tracking etc. According to many has a fearful presence in the dressing room if riled. Tactically sound but not hugely creative. I would accept him. Did also buy Anelka when he had the money.

SGE

His star has risen but I honestly believe  is in decline. Again good organiser but would question his defensive tactics. Good understanding of the world game and has many good Euro contacts. I would have him at a pinch, but as is beleived he would be expensive and probably a mega-pay off clause.

The other thing that should rule him out is he seems to be FS fav!!

Pardew.

No.

Coleman.

No.

Hiddink.

Would be my choice and he is itching to get back into club football, but doubt he has ever been on FF's list. Great allround manager and a habit of getting limited players to perform.

Houllier.

Seems to have been talked about on here the last couple of weeks. Not sure for the first team coach role but would make a good DOF. Would have him in charge for 2/3 years and them move him upstairs. Has made noises about his love for the PL. Good tactician, probably the best on this list, but I have doubts about him under pressure.

Curbishley

I'm still a huge fan of the ex-West Ham midfielder. Would do a job for us. Only doubt...Is he big enough for THIS job.

*I haven't inc Mourinho because I simply don't beleive he would come.

Hiddink would be my main choice out of those, with Sam 2nd but we're simply not going to sack Roeder so this is pretty much a pointless exercise...

And invicta, do you ever stop swearing or being angry. Someone must've really boiled your piss when you were young and you've still got that chip on your shoulder. That or your girlfriend thinks you've got a small tiddler..

If it was a case of being granted a wish last time round it would have been Hiddink for me. Now there's a lot of speculation he is waiting in the wings for Mourinho's job and is already on Abramovich's payroll.

If it was a case of being granted a wish last time round it would have been Hiddink for me. Now there's a lot of speculation he is waiting in the wings for Mourinho's job and is already on Abramovich's payroll.

Good point Alex. But I don't see Mourinho leaving for 2/3 years yet. He has been whinning a lot lately but it is his way to redress the power struggle. Real Madrid would be an ideal place for him mind so I wouldn't totally rule out a quick exit.

I wanted Houllier at the start of the season. He'd come first, his managerial record in this league is excellent - what he did and what he won with Liverpool was superb. BUT, and like Hiddink, there's not a cat in hell's chance that they'd come here.

Allardyce.

Guest Invicta_Toon

on second thoughts it looks like is right up there in the race alongside sam allardyce

"Hiddink was found guilty of evading €1.4 million in taxes in February 2007. Dutch prosecutors argued that he lied about living Achel, Belgium, from 2002-2003 when he had resided with his girlfriend in Eindhoven. He could have faced 10 months in prison, but got a six-month suspended sentence and the maximum fine of €45,000. The president of the Russian Football Union, Vitaly Mutko, said a conviction would not affect Hiddink's position with the national team. "

on second thoughts it looks like is right up there in the race alongside sam allardyce

"Hiddink was found guilty of evading ?1.4 million in taxes in February 2007. Dutch prosecutors argued that he lied about living Achel, Belgium, from 2002-2003 when he had resided with his girlfriend in Eindhoven. He could have faced 10 months in prison, but got a six-month suspended sentence and the maximum fine of ?45,000. The president of the Russian Football Union, Vitaly Mutko, said a conviction would not affect Hiddink's position with the national team. "

FS kind of man surely. :lol:

If i was a manager i would love the challenge that Newcastle Utd could give. The club has enormous potential and a great stadium and great support from fans, well i am a Newcastle fan also but even if i wasn't i would be attracted to that position. Almost every manager with some knowledge knows about Newcastle and it's fans and history and constant failure during these recent years.

If i was a top class manager i would rather take part in a club that has long way to go and has lots of potential than taking charge of a team that already is where it's supposed to be, well nearly anyway..

Some say that it is 110% sure that we WONT get Hiddink. But if FFS even tried to attract a manager like GS and made a good presentation about the club, what it has and what it can become and where the club wants to be and shows the ambition for the future.

IF FFS even tried that and did that in the correct way then im sure GS or someone like him would find it interesting at least.

Knowing how s*** the team has been and how good it can become with the right appointment of manager and it's potential.

I bet that most managers know how we have underachieved since Bobby left.

We have some good players on the paper. What we need is more good players and a genious of a manager who can get the best out of those players we already have in our team and also fix the weak links in the team and squad. Someone with experience and a proven record, with tactical and man management skills all that what is needed.

Im almost sure that with Roeder or anyone else who's simply not good enough we will only see a small improvement in the future and continue wit our rolercoaster style that we have been in foer the last few years. And money will be spent and after a few years we are back to Zero again trying to get a new manager who wants his "own team"

I say: Start from scratch after this season with a new manager and hope for a brighter future. Or it's going to be average season after season almost certainly, and more money spent without going forward enough, and the club will loose even more money and we fans will continue and suffer in this mediocrity that we are in seeing now.

We need to start from the beginning and go on from there..

But this will not be done with a manager who simply isn't good enough.

And im sure IF the club even tried im confident that we could find a manager good enough for our club..

FFS I MEANT GH hehehe

Guest Invicta_Toon

If I was a top class manager, all I would see is Fat Freddies reputation for meddling and blaming managers for failure, and his and the fans treatment of a knight of the realm, for finishing fifth!

Oh and all the hysterics on here would put me off too

If I was a top class manager, all I would see is Fat Freddies reputation for meddling and blaming managers for failure, and his and the fans treatment of a knight of the realm, for finishing fifth!

Oh and all the hysterics on here would put me off too

Which particular games were you at where you can recall fans calling for Robson's head?

Can't speak for other posters but wanted

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Free agent. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Paul Le Guen - Might be sacked by Rangers. 3 consecutive years Ligue 1 winner.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Rafael Benitez - Might be sacked by Liverpool ;) La Liga, Champions League winner.

Claudio Ranieri - Free agent. Success with all the clubs he is involved except Athletico Madrid.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner :D Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Christoph Daum - Turkish League winner. Built an offensive n impressive Bayern Leverkusen that include Lúcio, Emerson, Ze Roberto and Michael Ballack. Nearly become Germany national coach, but he failed his drug test ;) Free agent.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget.

Slaven Bilić - Wikipedia profile

Alan Curbishley - Establish minnow Charlton as Premiership regular. Desperate of managing another premiership club.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

Some info is outdated and I have slightly modified opinions now but by and large I would love to have anyone of the excellent and decent candidates over Glenn Roeder.

Wouldn't mind any of Roy Keane either.

As you wish Vic.

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Might leave Bayern Munchen after this season.. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Roy Keane - Mackem Manc. To wind up and offend the whole Geordie nation (and Mr Shearer) he might seriously consider taking the job here if Shepherd approaches him.

Juande Ramos - Current Sevilla manager. Won UEFA cup with overwhelming convincing and attacking football.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Tony Mowbray - Decent track record with beautiful Arsenal style football. Might fancy a significantly bigger budget so that next time he won't miss out on players like Rowan Vine, Alan Barnett, Scott Brown and Kevin Thompson.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner Big Grin Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget. Oh he has been sacked.

Slaven Bilić - Wikipedia profile

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Lee Clark

Guest Gemmill

Vic's posts in this thread man. :lol:  They all pretty much boil down to

"GOD-uh!  Why do you all talk such rubbish?

Ugh!  I HATE you people!"

As you wish Vic.

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Might leave Bayern Munchen after this season.. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Roy Keane - Mackem Manc. To wind up and offend the whole Geordie nation (and Mr Shearer) he might seriously consider taking the job here if Shepherd approaches him.

Juande Ramos - Current Sevilla manager. Won UEFA cup with overwhelming convincing and attacking football.

Decent Candidates

Tony Mowbray - Decent track record with beautiful Arsenal style football. Might fancy a significantly bigger budget so that next time he won't miss out on players like Rowan Vine, Alan Barnett, Scott Brown and Kevin Thompson.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner Big Grin Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget. Oh he has been sacked.

Slaven Bili? - Wikipedia profile

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Lee Clark

Don't think any of those would come. However I've added Curbs to the list. I don't like the look of ANY of your decent candidates.